Sorry for Party Rocking

Nice Girls Finish Last

[Alicia]

We threw an engagement party for Foo and Stephanie. Sky kept bothering me all night, but I kept blowing him off.

Shuffle bot has been keeping me entertained. He has kind-of isolated himself from the rest of the Party Rock Crew to spend time with me. The guys and Stephanie have noticed and aren’t too thrilled. I told him I would be fine being alone, but he insisted on staying with me. I wouldn’t deny the company.

Bot was getting us a couple of drinks when Sky approached him. I don’t know what was said between them, but it doesn’t sound like it went over well. He stormed over here and pulled me close to him. “Sky is using you. You aren’t what he wants. Don’t talk to him. All he wants is to hit it and quit it. I’m telling you this for your own good. If you ignore him, he’ll just bother someone else.”

I nodded and took my drink from his hands. I slammed it. I took down a few more after it. When I was good and drunk, I started shuffling with Shuffle bot.

When we got tired, we walked to my room and just started watching movies. Shuffle bot fell asleep on my bed within the first few minutes, but I stayed up to watch the whole movie.

At the end of the movie, I heard a knock on the door. I opened it and saw Foo standing there. “Can we talk?”

I looked at him weird, wondering why he wanted to talk to me. “Sure.”

He grabbed my hand and led me outside. We took a walk while we talked. “I want to talk to you about my nephew. Sky really likes you, Alicia. Why do you keep blowing him off?”

I rolled my eyes. “I left my boyfriend for him and he blew me off. That hurt. A girl doesn’t take a short amount of time to recover from that.”

He sighed. “Please. Just give the guy a chance. He’s crazy about you. He won’t fucking shut up. He’s writing songs about you. He keeps role playing with me on how to talk to you to make you listen to him. He’s not eating right. He’s not sleeping very well. He’s been shit while we are rehearsing vocals and choreography.”

I shook my head. “He has known me for 2 weeks. He shouldn’t be acting this way.”

He stopped and looked me in the eyes. “But he is, Alicia. I don’t know what to do. I’m getting desperate. Can you just please talk to him? I want him to be okay. I want him to perform to the best of his abilities. I want some free time with my fiancée. I want him off of my back. It’s enough that I live with the kid. He has never been so hung up on a girl. I’m not equipped to deal with this bull shit sappy love story that he keeps complaining about. Just give him a chance. Let him talk to you. Try to work things out. That’s all I’m asking for. I just want you to try. Once you try, I’ll leave you alone, I swear. “

I sighed. “Fine. I’ll try and talk to him. Let’s go now before I change my mind.”

Foo led me to Sky’s room. “Good luck. Thank you for trying. This means a lot to me and it will mean the world to Sky.”

I nodded and watched as Foo walked away. I knocked on the door lightly. There was no answer. I quietly opened the door. I whispered. “Sky?” No answer. I walked over to where his bed was and saw Sky sitting on his bed. Stephanie was straddling him and they were making out.

I shook my head and felt tears welling up in my eyes. “You fucking disgust me. I don’t know why I even tried. Fuck this shit. I’m getting the first flight back to Pittsburgh tomorrow morning. I’d rather go back to Sidney than deal with this bullshit fucked up thing you people have going on here.”

I walked back to my room and locked the doors and the windows. I cuddled up next to shuffle bot and grabbed my phone. I texted Sidney.

Me: I’m sorry. I made a mistake. I’m coming home, my love. I’ll see you tomorrow morning. I hope you’ll forgive me. I won’t do anything like this to you again.

Sidney: I’ll see you tomorrow, my love. I’m glad you reconsidered. You’ll be welcomed home with open arms.

I laid in bed, thinking of what I was going thought this could be my big break. I thought he would be the one to make me happy enough that I would never go crawling back to Sid and his abusive nature. I guess everyone was right. Nice guys finish last, in my case, its nice girls…