You Only Have One Chance

Applause

People clapped as Munroe and I bowed. I was in a beautiful dress that my mother had made for me for my prom last year. It was tight and flowed out about three quarters of the way down, just around my knees. It was dark purple with a black band around the waist that tied around in a big bow on the left side. I loved it.

I looked over at Munroe, who was in a tuxedo. We had gone all out and she had a flower pinned to the jacket, which was stitched to accentuate her waist. She was beautiful and extremely kind. We had worked very hard on this performance and I was glad that it was over with. Since my mother worked almost constantly, it had to be done at her house. It's not that her house wasn't beautiful or that her parents weren't nice; it's that she had a snake that looked like it could eat me.

I hate snakes.
She loves snakes.

I just can't believe that she would want something that ate cute little mice. I love mice. They're cute and squeaky and shy like me.

"Nat?" She asked me when we went to sit down in the back. I looked over.
"Yes?" I whispered.
"Will you go out with me?" I blushed, looking down at my shoes. I didn't want to say no or yes. I was rather scared. I had never been on a date with someone, let alone someone as beautiful as her. I nodded and she hugged me tightly. I couldn't believe it! She wanted to go out with me?

Two Days Later.


My room was a mess. Almost all of my clothing was covering my floor. "I have nothing to wear!" I exclaimed to my cat, Sammy, who was stretched across my bed. He looked at me as if he were concerned with my sanity. I picked up a short, black skirt and a blue blouse. "This will have to do." I looked over at Sammy. "What do you think?" He looked at me, then smelled the blouse. "No... I'll wear that, but not the skirt." I grabbed a pair of grey skinny jeans. "Yes." I quickly put on the ensemble, staring at myself in the mirror. I grabbed my black hoop earrings, putting them on.

Now it was time for my hair.

First, I tried to straighten it. I wondered if that would last, which it probably wouldn't. My hair was not cooperative, which was a small problem. I curled it, leaving my bangs in my face. I put it in a pony tail, then took it out, deciding that it was too casual. I sighed, deciding to leave it as it was, moving to my closet once again to find shoes.

It took about ten minutes to decide on flats or heels. I chose flats, not knowing if we would be walking around or sitting. "Better safe than sorry." Sammy looked at me again.

The doorbell rang.
♠ ♠ ♠
I COMPLETELY FORGOT THAT THE DUE DATE WAS TODAY
HELL
I ALSO HAVE WRITER'S BLOCK.
SHIT
AND I'M TAKING MY DRIVER'S TEST TOMORROW SO I'M FREAKING OUT
I'LL FINISH THIS

LOVE,
ME