You Met Me At an Interesting Time

Chapter Two

Waking up only to hear the sounds of my stomach growling, getting off the couch I rubbed the sleep from my eyes making my way towards the kitchen. Still feel the effect of last night’s drug still in my system, my head began to feel light headed as I slowly stumbled my way towards the fridge trying to balance myself from falling. Sighing, I reached into the fridge looking inside the half full fridge searching for the Apple Juice, once finding it I held it in my hand, closing the door with my foot. Hearing my feet make slap noise against the floor as I took my steps to get a cup for my apple juice. Feeling the apple juice slip pass my lips, I close my eyes in contentment, that’s when my eyes had a mind of their own as the wandered towards the clock that hung on the wall. Nearly spitting out my juice I rush my way up the stairs, throwing my shirt off as I saw myself getting closer to my bathroom. Quickly turning on the shower, I degraded all the rest of my clothes before jumping in the shower taking a very short shower, I ran over to my bed, putting on my under garments on in the process. Grabbing my red sleeve less dress top with black ribbon bow around the neck, I slipped it on over black lace bra, once that was done I jumped into my black pencil skirt on. My eyes look over at the clock staring at me in bold red numbers from my nightstand with my eyes widening knowing that I was going to be late if I didn’t leave this very second. All I could mumble as I threw my black and red heels on before rushing out the door grabbing my black jacket, that matched the skirt, and my keys before running down the stairs towards the garage. Pressing my size seven foot on the gas pedal as I sped towards the office. Getting into a parking spot I glance on the clock on the dashboard, all I could do was sigh. I guess I drove here a little too fast for comfort, thank goodness the cops were not out. Taking in a much need breathe of fresh air, I opening my purse to grab my MAC foundation compact. I gasp looking at the mirror looking at the reflection of a young twenty two year lady, with dark bags under her eyes. I sighed knowing that the reflection was me as I applied the foundation to my face hoping that it would cover up the bags under my eyes. Taking one last look in the mirror, I smiled as I notice that now no one could tell that I had bags, placing my nag on my should I step out of my car.

“Morning Audrey, you’re a bit early today.” Judy said as she saw me enter into the building, flashing me a smile my way.

Not feeling to really talk, I flashed a smile before nodding my head before heading towards my work desk. Successfully reaching my desk, I place my purse under my desk near my feet as I look at my to do list for the day. Being an assistant to one of the state’s most busy, yet successful, man was hard work, but I wasn’t going to complain after all it pays the bills along with other things. Hearing the door open, I glanced up to see my boss making his way to his office that was behind my desk as he passed me giving me a winking before letting his finger brush against my desk before stepping inside his office. Rolling my eyes at his action, I started on the long to do list.

Once it was almost time for me to head home, having completed my list I was ready to go home to change into a more comfortable attire before meeting the guys for the night, my boss, Mr. William called me to his office. Smirking as I heard the tone of his voice shaking my head as I made my way inside his office as I closed the door behind me.

“Yes, Mr. William?” I asked as I watched his lust filled eyes take in the shape of my 5’2” frame, as I stood before him waiting for a response.

“Audrey, as you know, tomorrow I will be having a very important guest here that I tend to usually do business with. While he is here I do not want to receive any phone calls or other meetings beside the one with my guest. Do I make myself clear Miss Cowan?” Mr. William spoke as he chewed on his bottom lip.

“Of course, anything else I can do for you Mr. William?”
All he could do was smirk and beckon me to come closer as he bent his index finger towards himself. Slowly waking towards him, my eyes scanned over his incredible handsome face as his piercing grey eyes watch every step that I took, stopping just as I reached his desk. His smile seems to grow as he rose from his office chair leaning over his desk leaving just about an inch from my face. My breathing feels shallow as I notice his eyes appear to trace my lips as he closed to space allowing his lips to meet my own. Just as soon as they meet they left, leaving me breathless as he pulled back with a smile.

“By the way Miss Audrey, you look amazing today, I couldn’t help myself,” Mr. William stated towards me as he retook his seat in his chair.

With that I left the room making to grab my purse that was under my desk heading back home to get ready for the night life. Finally home, I change my outfit to start my second job which was at a local club. Once at the club I entered thru the back door which is the door for all the workers instead of the front just to help the bouncers keep everything under control. Walking thru the door I was greeted by many hello before a certain person wrap me in their viper grip of a hug.

“Hey to you to baby cakes,” I said as the person let go of me before throwing me a wink, “So how does it look out there AJ?”

“I’ll say it almost looks like we have a full house out there, are you sure I can’t convince you to be on that stage.” AJ said batting his eyelashes at me.

Shaking my head as I just walked away from AJ as I made my way towards the bar looking for one of my co-workers Ashley.

“Hey Ashley, I think we are going to have one busy night,” I said over my shoulder as I grab a towel to help dry some of the glass before the club would be officially open for the night.

“Sure will,” Ashley answered back.

The night went good so far the men in the club seem to be enjoying the dancers that appear on the stage. Every once in a while a guy would come over to the bar some drunk and try to hit on either me or Ashley , and every time we would just ignore them or the bouncer would just throw them out for being too drunk. Just when I thought I was getting luck with having an amazing non pain night, a headache decided to prove me wrong. Taking deep even breaths as I pushed to pain to the back of my head trying to enjoy the rest of the night before the end of my shift that was about till two in the morning.

“How about jack Daniel on the rocks there, cutie?” A deep voice said leaning over the color splash bar top.

Nodding my head towards the handsome young man, I made his drink, handing him the finishing results. Giving me a smile as I place the drink in front of him, he started to strike up a conversation, and it wasn’t long before my shift was over.

“Well Brian it was great talking with you, but it’s the end of my shift and I should really be heading home,” Saying as I took the towel that was sitting on my right shoulder placing it under the counter in the dirty bin. He nodded his head telling me that he will hopefully see me later as I left the club going home.

The next day getting to work was a lot better than yesterday as I made my way to my desk greeting the rest of my co-workers as I began cancelling all of Mr. William meetings and appointments for his special meeting for today. Not even fifteen minutes into being at my desk, I felt the atmosphere in the room change as I heard everyone stop the very thing they were doing. When my body felt a spark run throughout my body and my heart skipping a beat, I looked around to try to find the source to what change the atmosphere.
Spotting the source my heart beat in such an irregular way I would have worried if I didn’t have to worry about the spark getting more intense as my eyes gazed on a beautiful creature that seem to have been created by the Greek gods themselves. His presents alone demanded respect with every step he took with such grace as his eyes scanned across the room letting a breath taking smirk places itself on his kissable lips. His jet black hair was cut close to his head, but it wasn’t too short to the point where it was shaved close to his head. His skin was flawless having the look of being sun kissed making his skin glow even more, allow his light facial hair shown covering his strong jawline. This unbelievable sexy man was wearing a black dress shirt that was loose, but you could clearly notice that he had some muscle underneath that shirt, with a grey tie and dress pants. I was so taking by his Adonis appearance that I didn’t take note that this incredible man was making his way towards my desk.
Normally if a good looking was walking my way I wouldn’t care, but something was telling mw that this one was not a normal guy. I usually wasn’t a shy or nervous person, but I guess everyone has an expectation to every rule.

“Hello beautiful, I’m here to meet with Mr. William,” a nice soothing deep voice with a hint of being raspy spoke.
Oh my goodness, not only was this guy drop dead gorgeous, but his voice alone was enough to make me feel weak in the knees.

Taking in a deep breathe in order to calm my nerves before answering, “yes, of course,” I answered feeling proud that my was able to speak clearly, I pick up the phone as I called Mr. William office to make sure he knew that his guest was here, and once he gave me the ok I place the phone back on the hook. Looking up toward the young man I notice two things.

First thing was that his eyes never left my figure even when I was speaking with the boss, and the last thing that caught me completely off guard was the fact that his eyes were two different colors. His left eye was green while his right was hazel, this unique trait was one I have never seen before and it complimented his overall appearance nicely.

“Sir, you can go right ahead inside,” saying as I look into his green and hazel eyes, point toward Mr. William’s office door.

Resulting in this mystery guy putting a smile along with a wink before he walk through the door, leaving my face to become red and flushed by his small gesture, once I took my seat back in my chair my heart’s beat gradually calm down, but the sparks were still noticeable. I don’t know what it was about that man, but I hope it was just because I was caught off guard, I feel like in the long run that it would only bring up my past that I was trying hard to deny.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, please comment.