Status: This is the first story Ive posted here. Enjoy.

Love Me or Let Me Go

The Date

Anna's POV:

It was finally Friday and I spent all night getting ready. Of course dad was excited I had a date. At 7 sharp Michael showed up.

"You ready for this?"

"Of course I am Mikey."

"Cool. I'm kinda nervous to be honest."

"I like this side of you. It shows that you might actually be somewhat normal."

"Baby gurl, I will never be normal." He drove to the beach and we walked around. The sun was starting to set and it was just all so beautiful. The night was ending and we had to head back home.

"Mikey, I had a great time tonight."

"Me too A. Repeat next Friday? There's a cool new movie coming out."

"I saw the previews for it. Sure." Movies don't come out very often so I knew exactly what he was talking about.

"I'll pick you up around 6:15."

"Sure Mikey." He acted like he was going to kiss, but instead he unlocked the car.

"I'll see you Monday."

"K. Bye." I got out and went inside to call Margaret.

"He already asked you out again?! This is a great sign!"

"I know. Monday might be the day that we actually become semi popular."

"Hey, it was one date A. Don't get carried away. Wait until you're his girlfriend."

"That could be any day."

"I bet after the movie he's gonna ask you."

"He so will. Better go, mom and dad wanna know how it went."

"Well sweetie?"

"Mom it was amazing. We just spent the whole time talking. At one point he bought cotton candy that we shared.

He bought it in blue mom. That's my favorite color."

"When do we meet this boy? Does he know I have a shot gun?"

"Soon I hope dad. Yes, he knows. Or, he will when you meet him." I really didn't know that much about Mikey, but I had time.

*Michael's POV*

"Mom, I really like this girl."

"So what's the problem?"

"Zach and Cam don't approve. She's not in the normal group we hang with." How could I tell my mom I was a part of the populars and losers stuff. She frowned upon that.

"Expand your horizons dear. They will learn to like her if they are truly your friends."

"Mom it's not that simple!"

"Why isn't it?"

"Never mind."

"You have another date with her?"

"Next Friday. We're going to a movie."

"Then I think it is that simple."

"Mom, you don't know high school. It's different know. I can't start hanging with someone I didn't before."

"What about Zach and Cameron?"

"Fine. I'll talk to them later."

"No you won't Michael. I know you. I just hope you know who is most important to you. Your friends or this girl." I didn't know. My friends were everything, but Anna was also everything.

"Yo, Cam, you dated Margaret. What's Anna like?"

"Are you still hung up on her?"

"No, I just think she likes me. I wanna let her down easy. Well, I don't wanna see her cry. Loser's cry weird." I hated talking bad about her.

"She'll blubber like a baby if she's anything like Margaret. Don't even talk to her. That'll get your point across."

"I don't talk to her now!"

"Good. Then keep it up and soon she'll learn. Girls pick up on signals pretty quick. It's hilarious when they finally realize what you mean." Who were we anymore? I was dissing the girl of my dreams, Cam was totally different, and Zach, well I didn't really know him until we started hanging out. I'm sure he changed too.

"It sure is. Well, I'll see ya Monday."

"See ya."

"Can we get to school early? I have to talk to all my teachers. Mom wants them to know about the band now so it won't seem like an excuse later."

"Sure. That's actually a wicked idea." Like I was gonna tell teachers that. I just wanted to see Anna. I couldn't talk to her, but I could see her. I just sat there thinking about her.

"Mikey, it's 1 in the morning. Try to get some sleep."

"Mom, I really like Anna, but the guys won't accept her. I don't know what to do."

"They might suprise you. Have you actually tried to defend her?"

"No."

"They're nice boys. See how things go with you and Anna, then decide what you need to do." Again, she had all the answers.

***********************************************************************