Status: This story does contain sexual content, but it's a romance story with a lil drama to add.

Should Have Kissed You at the Park

Christmas Eve @ The J-Spot

CHRIS POV

It was time to head out to the club. I couldn’t wait either. All I want to do is grab Taylor and hold her in my arms all night. I had her presents already at the house. Cai texted me when they left the house for the club so that I could go put them on our bed. I rode to the club with Mijo and Carmen, I had been at his house all day, trying as hard as I could to stay away from Taylor. She had called me a few times while I was shopping, but I didn’t answer, in fear that I would slip up and tell her where I was.

“We’re using the VIP Lounge entrance” Mijo said as we pulled up to the back parking lot.

“Cool” I nodded, sending her a text message.

Text Message to The One:

CB: Hey baby, sorry I didn’t get 2 talk 2 u today, I slept most of the day, getting ready 2 prep for show, will call when it’s over

The One <3: Ok baby, have a great show. I love u

CB: I will, I love u 2

I put my phone in my pocket as we got out of the car and headed for the VIP lounge entrance.

“Sup Jimmy” I nodded as we approached the door. Jimmy was the security that worked that door. The club had a private entrance for the VIP lounge along with an entrance from inside the club. That was the best way to get in without Taylor seeing any of us.

“Sup Breezy, you home early” he said giving me dap

“Yeah, had to cancel a show. Where’s Taylor?” I asked

“She’s on the main floor getting ready to get the show started” he replied opening the door for us to go in “You’re right on time, you want me to radio to let her know you’re here?” he asked

“Naw, it’s a surprise” I winked

“Cool” he nodded as we walked in. Mama and Aunt Christine were sitting on the oversized couch towards the middle of the room. I walked over and gave them both hugs and kisses.

“Hey baby” mama smiled at me. “Taylor looks beautiful” she said nodding towards the stage

“Merry Christmas J-Spot. I just want to thank all of you for your support these past 5-6 months. Ya’ll have been awesome. And this is our way of saying thank you to you. So are ya’ll ready to party?!?” she yelled the last part, as the crowd went crazy. She looked beautiful. “Ok, lets get this thing started then. I want ya’ll to meet somebody very special to me, he’s an awesome artist, and trust me when I say he won’t let you down. Ya’ll give it up for J. Cooooollllleeeee” she said as Jermaine ran out on the stage with a mic, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

“I’m going to get something to drink, and see when JB’s going on stage. Did ya’ll need anything?” I asked my mom and aunt before getting up.

“No baby, we’re good” they replied in unison as I walked off.

TAYLOR POV

I took the stage to get the show started. I looked around and it was packed in there. I couldn’t help but miss seeing Chris’s face either on the side of the stage waiting for me to come down, or up in the VIP lounge. Oh how I wished he was here with me. I introduced my talented cousin Jermaine by his stage name J.Cole. I smiled when he gave Cai a quick peck on the cheek before taking the stage. I like the fact that my bestfriend has found somebody that she likes that likes her just as much in my cousin Jermaine. He better do right by her too. I walked off the stage and stood next to Cai, whose eyes were glowing as she watched Jermaine perform.

“That’s how I feel when I watch Chris perform” I leaned over to her
“What? What are you talking about, I’m just enjoying the show” she laughed

“Yeah, you might be, but your eyes are glowing. You’re proud of him aren’t you?” I teased.

“Is it that obvious?” she blushed

“Yes it is, but it’s cool, I’m proud of him too” I smiled just as Justin came up behind us.

“Hey Tay, I’ll take over from here, why don’t you go down on the floor and enjoy the show? Or you can go to the bar on the side of the dance floor and have a drink, take a seat, and enjoy the show for a change. Consider it a Christmas gift” he smiled wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

“Are you sure Jus?” I asked him a little confused and shocked at the same time

“Yeah, go ahead, enjoy yourself” he smiled

“Okayy” I smiled giving him a hug.

“C’mon, I’ll go with you, I can get a better look at Jermaine, from down there” Cai laughed looping her arm in mine as we headed down the stairs. I caught a quick glance at the VIP lounge upstairs. I must really be missing Chris tonight, because I swear I just saw Chris walking to the private bar upstairs.

“Can I get a Coco Loco please” I asked Danny, one of our bartenders

“I’ll have a shot of patron Danny” Cai smiled as he went about preparing our drinks.

Me and Cai sat there watching Jermaine perform as Trey assisted on “Can’t Get Enough” before his mini set was over.

“Ok J-Spot, did ya’ll enjoy that?” Justin started as he took the stage, and the crowd erupted in a loud roar. “For those of you that don’t know me, I’m Justin, and I’m part owner of this wonderful place. Like my sister Taylor said, we just want to thank you guys for all of your support over the past few months. We have a lot of surprises in store for you tonight, but this next one is for my sister.” he smiled over at me. “Taylor, I know I told you to have a seat and enjoy yourself, but I need you back on stage” he grinned as I looked at him in shock and headed to the stage.

He handed me a mic as I headed up the stage. “Justin what are you doing?” I laughed

“Do you remember when we were younger, and at the Christmas parties that mama and daddy would throw, you would perform a song?” he grinned devilishly

“Yeahhhhh” I replied still a bit confused “but that was a duet, I can’t perform that song by myself” I laughed

“You can if I do it with you” a familiar voice said walking up behind me as the crowd went crazy

I turned around to see this beautiful light skinned man with beautiful brown eye smiling at me “Well I guess I could, but it’s been a long time since I sang it, I don’t know if I even remember the words” I smiled as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders

“Aww, c’mon Taylor, you know the words, we can do this” he smiled at me

“Okayyy, but if I mess up, it’s your fault” I laughed

“Ladies and gentlemen, I believe she’s saying yes. What ya’ll are about to hear is a family tradition at our house, so without further ado….Taylor Martin and Evan Ross” Justin smiled before leaving the stage.

The music started to an old jazz song, then I started to sing as Evan came in behind me, right on queue. Growing up, our parents loved to hear Evan and I sing this song. Jazz was a big thing in our house, both of our houses. At that particular moment I was glad that Chris wasn’t there to see me sing this [url= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZX3yFKM5zY]song[/url] with Evan.

I really can't stay - Baby, it's cold outside
I've got to go away - Baby, it's cold out there
This evening has been - Been hoping that you'd drop in
So very nice - I'll hold your hands, they're just like ice

My mother will start to worry - Beautiful what you're hurry
And father will be pacing the floor - Listen to that fireplace roar
So really I'd better scurry - Beautiful, please don't hurry
Well, maybe just a half a drink more - put some records on while I pour

And the neighbors might think - Baby it's bad out there
Say, what's in this drink? - No cabs to be had out there
I wish I knew how - Your eyes are like starlight now
To break the spell - I'll take your hat, your hair looks swell

I ought to say no, no, no sir - Mind if I move in closer?
At least I'm gonna say that I tried - What's the sense of hurtin' my pride?
I really can't stay - Baby don't hold out
Baby but it's cold outside

I simply must go - but Baby it's cold outside
The answer is no - I say it's cold out there
The welcome has been - How lucky that you dropped in
So nice and warm - Look out that window, at the storm

My sister will be suspicious - Gosh, your lips look delicious
My brother will be there at the door - Waves upon a tropical shore
My maiden aunt's mind is vicious - Gosh, your lips are delicious
Well maybe just a cigarette more - Oh, never such a blizzard before

I've got to go home - Baby, you'll freeze out there
Say, lend me your comb - It's up to your knees out there
You've really been grand - I thrill when you touch my hand
But don't you see - How can you do this thing to me

There's bound to be talk tomorrow - Think of my lifelong sorrow
At least there will be plenty implied - If you caught pneumonia and died
I really can't stay - Get over that hold out
oh but it's cold outside

I gave Evan a big hug when we finished as the crowd cheered loudly for us.

“That was fun and you were great” I smiled coming out of our hug

“Thanks, but you were the one that was great” he smiled as Justin came running onto the stage.

“Did ya’ll like that? That was just a lil sumthin sumthin that I wanted to do in honor of family tradition since the both of you were here” Justin smiled turning to me and Evan “Now, both of you, go enjoy the show”

“Thank you, and Merry Christmas J-Spot” Evan said as he took my hand and headed off the stage. He walked me over to where I was sitting next to Cai. Jermaine had joined her while I was on stage and was standing beside her when we approached them. I introduced Cai to Evan and Jermaine and Evan just did some catching up.

“Wow, Tay, that was awesome. I didn’t know you could sing like that” Cai smiled as I took a seat next to her, ordering another drink us.

“Thanks, I don’t broadcast that kinda stuff though” I blushed “but you should get up there and do your favorite Christmas song, your voice is beautiful” I smiled to my best friend

“You so silly” she said waving me off. I got up while she was talking to Jermaine and walked over to Justin. I told him to call her up and let her sing her song, and he said that he would. If I had to do an impromptu performance, so was she.

CHRIS POV

I got my drink and texted JB to see what time he was hitting the stage. He replied letting me that he’d be the last to perform and that he had the song that we agreed on doing so that I could surprise Taylor. As I got my drink, I heard Justin call Taylor to come up on stage. He asked if she remembered the song that she would perform at their family Christmas parties when they were younger and if she’d sing it for everybody. She said yes, but it was a duet and she needed her partner to sing with, that’s when Evan walked out on stage surprising her. She agreed to do the song with Evan. I took a seat between mama and Aunt Christine as Taylor began to sing. She looked beautiful. Her and Evan put on a good performance, coyly flirting with one another. I’m glad I know the relationship between them, otherwise I’d be getting a lil jealous. Hell, who am I getting, I am getting a lil jealous, because I would give anything to be in Evan’s shoes right now, just to be that close to Taylor.

“Baby, I didn’t know Taylor could sing?” mama said bringing me out of my thoughts.

“Yeah, and this is the 1st time I’ve ever heard her do it in public. She usually only sings in the car and around the house or in the dark room” I replied turning to her.

“Nephew, she is very pretty too. Not the type of girl I’m used to seeing you with, but very pretty. She has a pretty voice too” Aunt Christine smiled to me taking a sip of her wine.

“Yeah, she’s not my usual type” I said turning to watch my girl perform, admiring her proudly.

“Well, sometimes you have to go outside of your norm to get better results. If you keep dealing with your normal type, you’ll keep getting the same results” Aunt Christine said patting my hand. “And from what I see, the results are better than what you were getting before” she finished taking another sip from her wine glass

“Christine, you’ll love her. She’s a very sweet, mannerable, funny, out going girl. And she’s independent” mama smiled looking over me to my aunt.

“She’s Justin’s sister right?” my aunt asked

“Yeah, she is” mama replied

“Oh well, I know she’s a sweetheart. Justin is one of my favs” my aunt smiled

I continued to watch my girl in pure and total adoration. She looked sexy as hell too. I couldn’t wait to wrap her in my arms. When they finished performing, I excused myself from mama and my aunt and went to see what was up with my crew.

“Chris, you didn’t tell us that Taylor could sing!” Lauren exclaimed as I approached them.

“Well, hello to you too L Boogie” I said giving her a hug

“Oh hey Chris, now why didn’t you tell us about Taylor’s voice?” she started up again.

“I dunno, I guess I’m used to hearing it around the house, just don’t make a big deal of it, she doesn’t like to broadcast it” I smiled

“You ready to see your girl?” Bow asked

“Yeah, you know I am, I have a few more minutes before I can see her though” I smiled taking a drink from my glass.