Status: This story does contain sexual content, but it's a romance story with a lil drama to add.

Should Have Kissed You at the Park

Christmas Day Drama

JUSTIN POV

I’m a proud uncle. Matthew did a great job and the best part was that he had all his family there to support him. We took up all of the second row and almost all of the third row too. When I say all of us were there, ALL of us were there. Me and my brother and sisters, our significant others, his cousins, my parents, and the whole crew, including Chris’s mom and aunt. The only person not there was is sorry ass father. I swear I wanna kick his head in every time I see him. I’m not gonna lie, when Taylor and Donovan 1st got together, he was cool as hell, even though pops said he never really trusted the dude. But when Tay got pregnant, all hell broke loose. That nicca straight flipped the script on everybody. He acted as though Taylor got pregnant by herself. He started treating her like shit, going out staying out late, talking down to her; that nicca even tried to put his hands on her. I thank God that I was there that weekend to protect her, because Taylor’s strong and stubborn, she would never tell anybody that he was hurting her. I shudder just the think about what would have happened had I not been there.

I was sitting next to Chris during service. I saw Taylor bend over and pull her phone out of her purse, then watched as the expression changed on her face. I didn’t need to ask, I already knew who it was. Chris asked if she was okay, and she forced a smile, but I know my sister, she wasn’t. If I knew Taylor like I do, she was pissed, but she was going to put up a good front for as long as she could, or at least until she stopped thinking about it. Chris put his arm around her shoulders and pulled her as close to him as the seats in the church would allow him too. Service was over by 12:45, we all went to the café inside the main foyer of the church and waited for everybody to get together.

“Merry Christmas sis” I said giving Taylor a hug

“Merry Christmas babyboy” she smiled as I pecked her cheek coming out of our embrace.

“You okay?” I asked concerned

“Yeah, why?” she smiled, this time a genuine one.

“I just saw your expression change when you checked you phone earlier, so I’m just checking” I said

“Oh yeah, that was Donovan, you know how he is, but I’m fine now, there is NO WAY he’s ruining my Christmas” she smiled bright as Chris walked up beside her.

“Whose trying to ruin your day?” Sydney asked as her and Keith stepped up to us, Maddison asleep on Keith’s shoulder

“Merry Christmas to you too Syd” Taylor laughed

“My bad, Merry Christmas ya’ll. NOW, whose trying to ruin your day again. It better not be that sorry ass Donovan” she said, her face all frowned up

“Sydney Michelle Clark, watch your mouth” Taylor scolded our older sister

“What, ass is in the Bible”

“Yeah, Syd, but I don’t think it’s used the way you just did” I laughed lightening the mood a little.

“Don’t worry about it Syd, he can’t ruin my day. I’ve got all my family here and we’re about to go throw down on mama’s Christmas dinner, so it’s all good. He couldn’t ruin it if he tried” she smiled as Chris wrapped his arm around her waist

“Maamaaa!” Matthew yelled running up to her and throwing his arms around her legs, causing her to stumble back a little.

“Heyyy bubba!!! I’m so proud of you!” she exclaimed leaning over wrapping her arms around his back. “Look whose here” she smiled up at Chris

“Chrisss!!! You’re home!!” Matthew yelled throwing his arms around Chris’s legs “Did you see me singing?” he asked as Chris picked him up

“Yeah I did buddy, you were great. I’m so proud of you” Chris smiled at him big and bright.

“Hey mama, Merry Christmas” Taylor smiled as our mom approached her and extended her arms towards the both of us. Mama smiled and wished us a Merry Christmas, kissing us on our cheek, then speaking and hugging Tammy and Chris.

“Hey daddy” Taylor smiled giving my dad a big hug

“Mama, Nanny and Gramps got a big tree, and we decorated it last night”

“Really?”

“Yes, are you coming over to see it?” he asked as Chris put him down

“You know I am” she smiled

“Oh ma, there are some people here that want to see you” Taylor smiled as she stepped to the side so that mama could see Mama J and Aunt Christine. Mama actually screamed when she saw them.

“Oh my Gawd, what are ya’ll doing here? Wait a minute come to think of it; Chris, you’re not supposed to be here until tomorrow” mama exclaimed wrapping her arms around Mama J, as we laughed at how mama had just realized it was Christmas day and Chris was home.

“We got snowed out in Connecticut, so we headed straight here” Aunt Christine smiled as she came out of their hug.

“Hey Matty, you were great!” Mariah said as she stepped up to us.

“Heyyy Mariah” Taylor and Cai said in unison, smiling at her all bright, causing her to blush

“Ya’ll are making me blush, stop that”

“So, did you have fun last night?” Chris smiled as the rest of just laughed

“I had a great time, thanks again Taylor, that was AWESOME” she smiled “I just came to speak and tell Matt that I was proud of him, I’ll see ya’ll later”

“Mariah, why don’t you stop the house later on after dinner? Everybody’s gonna be there” mama extended the invitation.

“Ok, thank you Mrs. Martin, I’ll see if I can” she smiled “ Ya’ll have a Merry Christmas”

We sat there and talked a few more minutes before we all headed off to our cars. Within 30 minutes, my parents’ house was packed with people. It was a beautiful day, not too cold, sunny with a light cool breeze blowing. The formal dining room table was set; it was big enough to fit everybody too. The kids sat at a table that my parents put up right outside the dining room. My mom had made all of our favorites. There was smothered pork chops, turkey, baked chicken, dressing, mustard and collard greens, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, candied yams, and green beans. Man you name it, we probably had it. I didn’t even mention what was for dessert. There was apple pie, peach cobbler, banana pudding, Taylor’s German Chocolate cake (which Tyga damn near ate by himself), Sock-it-to-Me cake, ambrosias in the fridge for the kids, and fresh baked chocolate chip pecan cookies. Man we ate good. I don’t know about anybody else, but I definitely had the “itis” when I was done. After dinner, we all opened our gifts. Not a person in the house was empty handed.

After all the gifts were opened, all the guys headed out to the back yard with the boys to play with their new remote control helicopters that my dad had gotten for them. The women stayed in the house with the girls talking and cleaning up from dinner. I could see from the back window that Mariah was able to come.

“Hey JB, looks like your girl just made it” I called over to him, he was playing with the helicopter with Matthew and Chris. Keith and Bow were playing with KJ, and DJ and Dad were playing with Devin. Me, Tyga, Trey, & Drake were playing bones at the table set up under the porch. Mijo and Jermaine were playing cards.

“Oh yeah?” he blushed from the middle of the back yard

“Looks like somebody may have a new chick” Drake teased

“She’s cool, but I dunno man, we’ll have to see” JB replied

“Hey, just take it slow, you’re young and famous, just be sure it’s something you want to get into before you do it. Don’t break her heart” Trey said

“Spoken like a whipped man” laughed Tyga

“I’m just saying, be sure it’s what you want before you jump in, that’s all. I mean he’s a celebrity and she’s a regular girl….” Trey started

“I wanna regular girl, wanna regular, wanna regular, wanna regular girl, I wanna regular girl when I get home yeah” Chris bust out singing making everybody laugh because that’s just how he is. Whenever someone mentions a song title, he just usually starts singing the song, that dude is silly for real!!

“Yeah, like I was saying before pretty boy over there bust out with the soundtrack” Trey laughed “you just want to be careful, she’s young and this could be a really big thing for her, you know what I mean?” he finished as JB walked up to the table

“Yeah, I feel ya bruh” he said as he made eye contact with Mariah and nodded a hello with a big kool aid smile on his face.

CHRIS POV

Service was great. I had missed being able to come to church, I may not go every Sunday when I’m home, but I do go. Matthew did a great job. After church, we all headed over to the Martin’s house for dinner. I don’t even have to tell you how good dinner was. I love Mama Justine’s cooking, and the best part is that Taylor cooks like her mom too. Being apart of this family definitely keeps me working out. All the guys were outside playing with the helicopters that Pops (that’s what I call Mr. Martin) had gotten for the boys, or playing dominos and cards . The ladies were in the house talking. When Mariah arrived, Trey started being a relationship expert, and giving JB advice about taking things slow and being careful, not to play with hearts. “Mr.StealYourGirl” was giving relationship advice…we all shock our heads at that. But I will say that since he’s been with Nicki, he’s a different guy, for the better that it.

“You should have seen him, he was checking all the doors, like if anybody actually came in on us, he was gonna beat ‘em down” Taylor laughed as the ladies came outside to join us.

“Babyboy, can you go get the extra chairs out of the garage for us son?” Mama Justine asked

“Yes ma’am”

“I’ll help you bruh” I offered handing JB the remote “I’ll be back”

We went and pulled out enough chairs for the ladies from the storage in the garage. We brought them out to the back yard and set them up for the ladies to sit in. Then I headed back over to JB and Matthew with the helicopter. I helped Matt control the toy for a few minutes before Devin called for him.

“Matthew, do you want to play football?” he called over to him.

Matthew looked up to me “Can I?” he grinned

“Sure go ahead” I smiled as he handed me the remote to the helicopter, then ran over to DJ and Devin. I landed the helicopter and moved it out of the middle of the yard so that they would have room to run around in.

“So ma, did Tay tell you that Evan came by the club last night?” Justin asked Mama Justine as I walked up to them sitting under the patio. I sat on the arm of the chair that Taylor was sitting in.

“No she didn’t. How is he?”

“He’s good. Justin put me on the spot and had us sing our duet” Taylor blushed

“I loved it” Aunt Christine smiled “You and Cai have beautiful voices”

“Thank you” they said in unison then giggled like some school girls.

We sat and talked with everybody for a little while. About an hour later the only people left were family. My mom and aunt left to go back to the hotel to get some rest for the concert tomorrow, and the rest of our crew left to go spend time alone with their significant others. JB drove Mariah home and said that he was headed over to Usher’s house for a little while.

“Babygirl, that’s a beautiful necklace” Angie smiled

“Thanks sis, it was a Christmas present from Chris” Taylor smiled kissing me on my forehead; she was sitting in my lap. The kids were still playing football. They are definitely going to be tired when it’s time to go.

“Did he go to Jared’s?” Cai teased

“I dunno, but I love it”

“Daddddyyyy” Matthew yelled causing all of us to turn our attention to the direction that Matthew was headed in.

“Heyyy son” Donovan smiled squatting down to Matthew’s level, dropping the gifts that he had in his arms for him, and giving him a hug. Taylor slowing got up from lap.

“You okay Ro?” I whispered as she got up

“I’m just fine baby” she smiled kissing my lips. I have to admit, she did look more at ease than the rest of us as we watched Donovan walk further into the yard with Matthew. Devin and KJ continued to play football as though they were not phased by Donovan’s presence.

“Hello Martin family…and friends” Donovan greeted all of us with a smile

“Donovan” everybody said randomly

“Merry Christmas” he smiled as Matthew took his gifts and went off to the side to open them, KJ and Devin finally joining him in a corner of the patio.

“Merry Christmas Taylor” he said handing her a small rectangular box and giving her a peck on the cheek. I could feel my blood pressure start to rise. How could he put his hands on Taylor and then after all this time have the nerve to try to kiss up to her? I know that nicca didn’t just put his lips on my girl!!! Taylor didn’t flinch at his kiss, but her body was cold and numb.

“That’s nice of you Donovan, but you don’t have to get me anything” she replied, her voice in a tone that I had never heard from her. It was a dry monotone, a lifeless tone so to speak.

“I know, but I wanted to” he smiled trying to lighten her face and demeanor.

“Thanks daddy” Matthew said as he ran off to play with the remote control Chevy Silverado that Donovan gave him. He put the Wii games that his father had given him on the table.

“No problem son, I’m glad you like it” he smiled “Cai, it’s nice to see you” he directed to her

“Donovan” she weakly smiled. I’m glad I’m not in his shoes right now. He was seriously getting the cold shoulder from the entire family, blood and honorary members. He awkwardly stood there for a few minutes, his hands in his pockets, swaying back and forth on his heels.

“So Chris, how have you been?” he asked, being cordial I’m sure.

“Pretty good, I can’t complain.”

“I heard your show is sold out tomorrow. Congratulations!” he smiled

“Oh thanks man, I’m happy about that” I smiled as Taylor came and took a seat on the arm of the chair. I wrapped my arm around her waist. Donovan’s eyes immediately roamed over me and Taylor as she smiled down at me, the box still in her hand.

“So, Taylor, how are things with you?” he said, calling her attention to him.

“I’m great Donovan, thanks and you? Can I get you something to drink?”

“Busy, as usual. No thank you, I’m fine Mrs. Martin, how is the practice?” he directed his attention from me and Taylor to Mama Justine.

“You know Donovan, I can’t complain. It’s been doing pretty good” she smiled a warm smile. Mama Justine was like my mom, she always had a way of making you feel welcomed, even when you knew you weren’t.

After a few minutes of an awkward silence and of everyone taking turns eyeing Donovan, the silence was broken.

“Taylor, can I talk to you for a minute please?” Donovan asked

“Sure. Excuse us for a minute family” she smiled as she got up. I really didn’t want to let her go, because to be truthfully honest, I’ve never really trusted that dude from the moment I met them. He hovered over her like she was his property or something. Taylor gently kissed my cheek before leading Donovan into the house, still didn’t put me at ease. As they got into the house, I made sure to keep my eye on her through the window.

“I’m going to go make sure nothing happens” Justin said as he got ready to get up from his seat next to Tammy on the swing that was on the patio.

“No babyboy, let Taylor be, if she needs us, we’ll know” Pops started, “plus I think Chris is keeping watch” he chuckled nodding in my direction

“What?” I blushed “I’m just making sure my girl is okay”

“We Know!!” they all said in unison, lighting the mood and causing all of us to laugh.

TAYLOR POV

I walked Donovan into the house, making sure to stay in view of everyone outside, you know just in case he turned on me.

“What’s up?” I asked nonchalantly leaning up against the island

“Are you going to open up your gift?” he asked, his hands still stuffed in his pockets

“I told you, you didn’t have to get me anything”

“I know, but I wanted to” he blushed

“You don’t think it’s inappropriate? I mean since we’re no longer together, I don’t think its right for you to be buying me gifts”

“Oh I see, now my gifts aren’t good enough for you? This is about Chris huh?” his tone changed and his face started to harden

“No, it’s not that, and this has nothing to do with Chris”

“Well what then. Can’t you see that I’m trying to make us a family again?”

“Make US a family again? When were we EVER a family Donovan? When did you ever care about me and Matthew? Your job or one of your hoes has always taken priority over us. I could handle you putting me on the back burner, but when you start to put MY child in second place, then it’s a problem. So why now all of a sudden you want to do the right thing?”

“Hell, I’m trying to do the right thing, but you won’t let me!” his voice getting harder

“Donovan, you had your chance to make things right, but you didn’t want to. So now that you see I’m in a good place, you want to do right. I’m sorry, it’s too little too late kid”

“Taylor, will you at least give me a chance to do right by you and my son?” he stepped closer to me, reaching for my hand, his voice getting a little softer

“You missed your chance with me Donovan, and I gave plenty of them. You have had every chance in the book to make things right with MY son, but obviously that doesn’t matter to you either”

“I’m trying to be there for him”

“REALLY?!? When?!? Where the HELL were you today when he performed his FIRST solo Donovan? When he needed to see his father’s face in the crowd, supporting him like everybody else was, huh? Where were you for Thanksgiving when he was supposed to spend his week off with you?”

“I told you I had to work, plus nobody wanted me there anyway. I’m in the process of making junior partner Taylor, my time is limited now” he voice got cold at the end

“Today wasn’t about you or if anybody wanted you there, it was about MATTHEW, and you being there for your son. So partner huh?!?”

“Yes, do you know how big this is babygirl?” he asked excitedly

“Wow, I guess MY priorities are all screwed up, because I would THINK that your son is more important that your job, but I see I’m wrong” I scuffed

“Look, you knew I didn’t want any kids right now, but that didn’t stop you from having one” he spat

“Last time I checked, it takes two people to make a baby, I sure as hell didn’t do it by myself! You’re an idiot if you thought I was giving up my baby for your dumbass career. A real MAN, knows how to handle both!” I spat back. Who the hell did he think he was, telling me to give up my baby for his career, I didn’t see him giving up anything for me? “Give up my baby for YOUR career? Yeah right? What the hell were you giving up for me? Not a damn thing. Hell you giving yourself to anything that wore a skirt, that’s ALL you were giving away, if that’s how you treat the person you love, I’d hate to see how you treat the person you hate” I replied sarcastically

“I loved you, I made sure to wrap up with them chicks. I wasn’t bringing nothing home” he said matter-of-factly

“WOW, REALLY Donovan?!? REALLY?!? It that how you see it? You’re a HOTMESS.com! I can’t believe that you would think that you were showing me love by not bringing ANYTHING home to me?” I shook my head “I’m glad to know that you’re not sorry for cheating on me or for breaking my heart, for making me feel like I wasn’t good enough, thank you Donovan” I finished sarcastically. “You’re just sad, you make me sick to my stomach. I mean, your parents see your child more than I do. Even they took time out to come support their grandchild today. You are a horrible excuse of a father” I finished, swallowing back my tears that were so close to falling. Just thinking about how many times this man standing in front of me had disappointed my son; and how many times I had to hear the disappoint in my son’s voice when his father had let him down again brought tears to my eyes. Then I looked out the window and saw the warm and lovingly brown eyes of the man that always made me and my son feel better when Donovan had said or done something to upset us, watching protectively from a distance, just warmed my heart and every ounce of my being.

“Look Taylor, I didn’t come here to upset you or fight with you, so I’m just going to take Matthew home with me for the week and go” Donovan sighed

“No, Matthew is staying with me. I promised him that he could go to the concert tomorrow night, and then we’re leaving for a week or so” I said flatly

“No he’s NOT, he’s going with me, you’re not taking my son anywhere, it’s my holiday to have him!” his voice rose at end. I glanced out the window; I could see Chris and Justin watching intensely.

“You gave up your holiday, remember?!? Your job took priority over your son, so I made plans for us, to keep his mind off the fact that his father is too busy to spend time with him” I returned the hard and cold tone.

“You’re not taking him anywhere Taylor. He is going home with me” he said coldly stepping around the island and stepping up to me, glaring down at me. His face hard and his eyes cold. I wasn’t backing down; I never have and never will. I heard the back door open and by the sound of the footsteps, I could tell who it was.

“Ro, everything okay?” Chris asked walking up, standing beside me.

“This doesn’t concern you Chris” Donovan glared at him out the corner of his eye

“I think it does” Chris clenched his jaw

“I got it baby, I’m okay” I said in a gentle tone, softly touching Chris’s arm. He stepped behind me. I could feel the tension that bounced between him and Donovan, as if there wasn’t enough tension between me and Donovan already.

“Taylor, you are not taking my son with this woman beater!” Donovan glared at Chris. I felt Chris’s fingers graze my thigh as he his fist balled up.

“Shut up asshole, you don’t know shit about Chris, don't talk to him that way!! This is between ME and YOU” I looked up at him
“I guess you like getting your ass beat huh Taylor? You went from me to him huh?!” he coldly chuckled

“Dude, you need to step off” Chris said in a tone that I’d never heard from him before. It was kinda sexy, wait this is NOT the time to be getting turned on Taylor.

“Or what” Donovan chuckled

“Donovan, you need to leave” I replied

“I’m not leaving without my son, he’s coming with me”

“I said NO Donovan” I was starting to raise my voice

“Whose gonna stop me. Chris? He likes to hit women, he’s not man enough to hit a man” he chuckled coldly.

“Oh, and I guess you’re a man then huh?!? Wait, you can’t be because you put your hands on me! He’s man enough to be ALL the man that I need. He’s man enough to me more of a father to your son than you are” I snarled at him

“Well, don’t come calling me when he beats your ass”

I really don’t recall how it happened, because it happened so fast, but all I remember is Donovan stumbling backwards holding his jaw. I could see Chris shaking his hand out of pain from the corner of my eye. I turned to look at him and he was still clenching his jaw tightly. I grabbed his hand and reached it over the island and ran some cold water over it as I went to get some ice out of the freezer to put on it to keep the swelling down. The back door flew open and everybody rushed in. My mom, sisters, and best friend tended to Chris’s hand.

“Donovan, it’s time for you leave” my dad said sternly

I walked to the door and called “Matthew, come tell your dad bye and thank him for your gifts” My dad stood close by, along with my brothers, my cousin, and Chris who came and stood next to me, ice wrapped around his hand.

“Thanks dad for my gifts” Matthew smiled up at his father

“You’re welcome son. Are you going home with me?” he asked. I clenched my jaw in frustration; Chris wrapped his arm around my waist

“No, I’m going with momma to Chris’s concert tomorrow, then we’re going on the bus with Chris” Matthew smiled

“Ok son, if that’s what you want to do?” Donovan replied kneeling down to Matthew’s level

“Yeah, I can’t wait either. The bus a PlayStation and a Wii on it. It even has a bathroom on it dad” Matthew exclaimed

“Well, I’m glad you’re excited about it. Have fun and when you get back you can tell me all about it okay” he smiled, wincing in pain from the punch that Chris had thrown at him.

“Ok dad, I will. Merry Christmas” he smiled throwing his arms around Donovan’s neck

“Merry Christmas son. I love you” he replied

“Me too dad”

Donovan got up as Matthew ran back off to play with his cousins. He looked at me, then at glared at Chris, then back at me. His eyes actually showed a bit of sorrow in them when he looked back down at me. It was something that I had never seen in him before. “Take care of him Taylor, because contrary to what you might believe, I DO love my son” he said softly before turning and heading out the back gate.

I let out a deep sigh as I heard his MKX start up and drive off down the street. Chris pulled me into his chest and wrapped his arms around my tightly, as I wrapped mine around his waist. “I’m sorry babe, you okay?” he asked kissing my hair

“I’m just fine baby” I smiled up at him “Are you okay?” I asked stepping back and gently taking his hand in mine.

“I’m fine baby, it’s nothing that a lil TLC can’t fix” he grinned biting his bottom lip. He leaned over and pecked my lips.

“You ready to go home?” I smiled up at him

“Yeah, if you are”

“Yeah, I miss Christmas” I laughed “Plus we have to have OUR Christmas with Matthew” I smiled

“Ok, lets get ready to go then”

“Are ya’ll okay?” daddy asked as we walked back over to our family and took a seat on the porch swing that Tammy and Justin had occupied earlier. Chris wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me close to him.

“Yes daddy, we’re fine” I smiled at him. The atmosphere slowly started to settle back down as we sat there and talked with my family for a few minutes.