Sequel: Smile
Status: Happy reading!

Remember Me

Devon

The next day I went with the boys to practice, fully dressed this time, so Jonathan wouldn't have much to stare at. I sat in the stands, smirking. I could perfecty remember seeing Jonathan stare at my ass when I got up last night. Of course, it was my choice to not wear pants, but it didn't give him the right to look. But then again, he was my 'boyfriend.'

"Dev!" I looked up and saw a girl walking over.

"Hey," she said, breathlessly, sitting down next to me.

"Um, I'm sorry." I said. "Who are you?"

"Oh, gosh, sorry. I forgot abut what happened. I'm Lennox. Brandon Bollig's fiance." she said sticking out her hand.

"Which one is he? I'vve only met a few of the guys." I asked.

She pointed to tall, olive-skinned man. He had short brown hair and- from my seat- the most beautiful eyes I'd ever seen. "How long have two been engaged?" I asked.

"It'll be 5 months in a few days." she said.

I looked at Lennox, intently. She was beautiful, no doubt. She had long light brown hair, blue eyes and a brilliant smile. She frowned as I furrowed my eyebrows.

"If you're wondering, we're good friends." she said.

I smiled. "When are you two getting married?"

"We haven't set a date yet, but I want it to be this July." she said with a smile.

I nodded. "Lennox. That's such a pretty name."

"Everyone calls me Lenny or Len."

I nodded. "Dully noted," I turned back to the ice and followed Jonathan's every move, trying to remember what hockey is like.

Image

When all the men disappeared from the ice and into the locker room, Lennox andI got up and slowly made our way to the locker room. There we found, Corey Crawford...the Corey I said I remembered. He smiled at us.

"Hello, girls." I smiled.

"Hi, Corey." we said in unison.

He raised an eyebrow at me. "You remember me?" I nodded.

"You and Brent." I said.

"Here to see your men?" he asked.

"If you want to describe them as men, then yes. Yes, we are." Lennox said.

Corey chuckled and then stuck his head into the locker room. "Cover yourselves up, we've got women coming in." A few seconds later, we heard a sarcastic, "Come in!"

Lennox walked in with a smile on her face and immediatly went to Brandon. I stood in the doorway, looking around. Then, I noticed the back of Jonathan. The back of a shirtless Jonathan. I walked over to him slowly and he turned around. He was surprised to see me. I could see it in his facial expression. He smiled at me.

"Hey, Devon." he said.

I tilted my head and looked down. "Do you want to get lunch? I want to learn more about...us."

He smirked. "Just a warning. Most of the important things you're going to ask about, are probably going to be sex."

I rolled my eyes. Then, my eyes landed on his stomach. Abs. I looked up at his arms. And all I could think was, Arms, arms, arms, arms, arms...DAMN.

I saw him grin out of the corner of my eye. "Don't worry. There's more of me you have yet to see." He said, pulling a sweatshirt over his head.

He looked around and saw everyone was pre-occupied with something or someone else. Then, he grabbed my hand and we walked out of the locker room. "Where are we going?" I asked.

"You're the one who asked me out." he teased.

"You're the one who knows Chicago better than me."

"Oh, calm yourself. No need to get sassy like Kaner."

"I'm not like Kaner!" I said, actually offended.

He rolled his eyes and pulled my arm as he walked out of the building. My skin burned against his. He loosened his grip on my arm and his hand slid into mine. His hands were soft. I blushed and he led me over to his car. He unlocked it and I walked around to the passenger seat.

"How'd you get here?" he asked.

I pushed hair out of my face. "Brent," He nodded and started driving.

I stared out the window for a few minutes. "Do we love each other?" I asked suddenly.

He chuckled. "We do. Unless you've been lyign to me for the past two years,"

I frowned and looked back out the window. "Do I have to stay with Brent... forever?" I asked.

He laughed loud now. "No, Devon. You can move back in with me whenever you'd like."

I blushed. "How about today?" I said in a low voice.

"Only if you want to." he said pulling into a parking lot.

"Where are we?"

"Your favorite chinese place." he said getting out of his truck.

"On a scale from 1 to 10, how much to I actually like chinese?" I asked him as we came together again, walking in.

He thought for a moment. "Spongebob, when he's going to work." I laughed.

"Ahh, Miss Devon. So good to see you. We heard about your accident and we are sorry." A chinese woman said coming up to us.

"Thank you," I said softly.

The woman looked at Jon. "Usual table?"

"Please," he said smiling.

"They know my name." I said.

"That's because you come here like 5 times a week." he whispered.

We sat down and ordered different things. Then, we sat in silence for a few minutes. "How was practice?" I asked, breaking the silence.

He shrugged. "Same as always." I nodded.

"You talked to Lennox, right?" he asked.

I nodded. "She's nice,"

"You guys were like best friends." he told me.

I managed a smile. To say I was a little bit uncomfortable around Jonathan right now was an under statement. He seemed fine around me. Like everything was the way it was before my accident. I didn't feel like way. Hell, I didn't even know how it was before my accident.

I pushed my away from my face as our waitress brought everything over. I smiled. "Thank you," she nodded and walked away.

I picked up a pair of chopsticks and stared at them. I brought my eyes over to Jonathan to see how he was holding them. He saw me frown and chuckled.

"Just use a fork if you can't figure it out."

I shook my head. "No. Show me how."

He held the chopsticks he was holding, up in front of my face. And he picked up a piece of orange chicken. Then, he ate it.

I looked down at my chopsticks and adjusted my fingers. I picked up some food and slowly brought it to my mouth, but it fell off. He laughed at me.

"Fuck this," I picked up a fork and ate with it.

Image

Jonathan drove to Brent's apartment building around 6, because he drove around Chicago, showing me places that I would go to on an everyday basis.

"Hey, there you guys are!" Brent said as we walked in. Kaner, Duncan Keith, Brandon Bollig, Lennox, and Corey were sitting around in Brent's living room, obviously waiting for us.

"What's going on?" Jonathan asked.

"We're gonna go out to dinner. So Jon, go back to your place and get dressed. And I'll help Devon get dressed." Lenno said, standing up from her spot on Brandon's lap.

I looked at Jonathan and opened my mouth, but Lennox dragged me into my room. I looked over my shoulder and saw Jonathan smile softly at me and leave the apartment.

Lennox sat me on my bed and played with my hair for a second. Then, she went into my bathroom and came back with bobby pins. "Wha-" she sat behind me and pinned parts of my hair up and left most of it down.

Lennox was already dressed. She had on a blue strapless dress and had her hair curled.

Within 15 minutes, I was dressed and my makeup was done.

We went back out into the living room and all the boys were dressed, too. Jonathan had a plaid shirt on with a black vest over it. He looked really cute. Not even cute. He looked sexy.

"Where are we going?" I asked Corey, who was sitting on the arm of the couch in dress shirt and dress pants.

"Apparently, we're goin to a fancy resturant in downtown and then a club to get drunk." he said the last part in a sarcastic tone.

"Ooo, fun." I said back in a sarcastic tone.

He put an arm around my shoulder and then shook his head. "You keep it up, and you'll be back to normal in no time, kid." he said.

"WHO WANTS A SHOT?" Patrick yelled from the kitchen.

'Kaner, we're going to a club after dinner." Brent said.

"What the fuck is your point, Seabrook?" he said downing a shot.

Corey got up and went over to Brent. I rolled my eyes at Patrick and then I felt a hand on my back. I looked up and there was Jonathan. He smiled down at me. "You look nice," he said softly.

"So do you," I said looking back over at Patrick in the kitchen.

"Does he always do that?" I asked.

"Who? Kaner?" I nodded. "What? Like get drunk before we even leave?" I nodded again. "Yeah."

"Let's go!" Kaner yelled opening Brent's front door and leaving.

I stopped leaning against the arm of the chair and Jonathan kept his hand on the small of my back. When we were in the elevator, he dropped his hand from my back and slid his hand into mine. I looked up at him and he had his head turned in the opposite direction, lecturing Pat about something. Probably not to drink anymore until after dinner.

I sighed and wrapped both my arms around his one arm. He finally looked down at me, but I looked down at my heels when he did. Lennox nudged me with her elbow and grinned at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
hi guys. hi guys. hi. anyway. thanks for the comments, i'm glad you guys like the story so far. i'm still debating how fast i want her and jonathan to get back to their 'boyfriend-girlfriend' status. but they kind of already are. well almost.

comment&sub?