Status: Sort of on hiatus...updates will be slow

Only Fools Rush In

Chapter 10

“I didn’t know you were serious about dinner, Sara.” Alex groaned, walking behind his desk to collect his things a he tried his best to hide his aggravation.

The brunette was sick of her attempts at wooing him that only made him feel sick and uncomfortable in her presence. He didn’t understand why she continued flirting with him when he never encouraged her to do so.

“Well, you did help me when my car broke down. It’s the least I can do,” she replied, smirking at the young man as she cornered him against the wooden counter. Miss Bruce ran her eyes up and down the other teacher, making him shudder in disgust.

“I just meant it as…it’s just a figure of speech. You don’t have to make me dinner or anything like that.”
“But I really want to, Alex.” the blonde whispered in his ear as she pressed her body against his.

And that was too much for Alex.

“Stop it!” he barked, gently pushing her off of him and taking a few steps away. Her expression changed from sultry to puzzled when the brown haired man cracked.

“Sara. I don’t know why you keep doing this. You’re setting yourself up for a failure every time you come on to me. Surely you’ve noticed I don’t feel the same way towards you?”

The slutty teacher didn’t comment further. She let her scowl say everything she was feeling, obviously new to the whole ‘rejection’ thing.

The brown haired male wasn’t sure if he had said it too harsh, or if she was just sensitive and hated not getting what she wanted.

“So, you don’t find me attractive?” she snapped while glaring at Alex, who was relieved she had spoken, though still irked.
“Not in that way. Yes, you are a beautiful woman but you’re just not my type.” Jack Bassam Barakat is though. a small voice in the back of his mind sniggered.

“Oh, I’m ‘not your type’? What is your type then, Alex? That redheaded, gap-toothed bitch in the Spanish department?” Sara seethed.

“Who are you talkin- …wait. Do you mean Molly? She’s married and expecting.”
“I don’t fucking care! But I bet you’d love to have your way with her just like the rest of the guys who work here!”

Alex wasn’t sure if it was out of shock or just the ridiculousness of their conversation, but he couldn’t stop the wild cackle that escaped him.

“Are you fucking kidding me?!” he snorted. “I’m sorry, but I don’t want to be some home-wrecker or an easy lay, unlike yourself. I’m not interested in you, so please stop trying to get in my pants ‘cause it’s not gonna happen!”

Huffing and screeching, she gave the brunette the finger and stomped away from him towards the door. Before she exited the room, she made sure to shout, “fuck you, Alex!” only to be replied with a “you wish.”

With the door slamming shut, the teacher let out a heavy sigh. Except, he couldn’t relax for too long as he had to find the upset boy who left his classroom without the teacher’s explanation.

Grabbing his things, Alex ran out of his room and once he had locked up, he dashed out of the nearest doors and into the school parking lot. Whipping his head around to search the place, he couldn’t spy the recognizable car that belonged to Jack Barakat.

“Shit,” he muttered to himself, kicking at the gravel that sprinkled the ground. Shaking his head in frustration, the brunette made his way to his own car and began to brood over how he could fix this whole mess.

Sitting down at his dining table with a plateful of spaghetti bolognaise and a stack of workbooks to mark, Alex put the plan he had come up with into action.

Hey man, could you do me a huge favour
and send me Jack’s number? I need to talk to
him but he took my number and I didn’t get his


Scrolling through his contact list, he selected Danny and pressed ‘send’, praying that his friend wouldn’t think too much into it and just give him the code.

After getting through a couple papers, the teacher’s phone vibrated on the table, alerting him to a new message.

Why don’t you just go to his house
if you need to talk? And I don’t know if you’ll
get much out of him since he’s been a moody
bastard since Saturday


Alex felt a pang of guilt at those words. He knew it was all his doing but he wanted to change that.

’cause his parents are there. Just give me
the number and I’ll see for myself what his mood
is like


He didn’t have to wait long for the digits to be sent to him, replying with a ’thank you’.

Deciding it would be best to actually speak to him, he pressed ‘call’ and waited impatiently for the boy to answer. Just as the answer machine was about to pick up, Jack’s timid voiced spoke through the receiver.

Hello?
“Uh, hey, Jack…” he mumbled, becoming nervous.
How the hell did you get my number, Alex?!
The elder groaned as he realised that his student was still pissed at him. “Danny gave me it. But I don’t want to talk over the phone, so can you come over to mine? We need to discuss this whole thing.”

Oh, are you not too busy with that skank of a teacher, Miss Bruce?” Jack retorted.
Whining, the brunette replied, “I didn’t have dinner with her, Jack. Sara’s not for me, so I told her to leave me alone and well, she did. So will you come over now?”

And after a few seconds of silence Jack finally agreed, mentioning he’d be there in 20 minutes and hung up. The teacher felt exasperated from the short conversation, so he was a little apprehensive as to how the engagement would go.

Meeting the raven haired teen in the lobby, they were silent as they entered the elevator and made their way up to the penthouse suit. They were stood at either side of the cube, keeping their distance from one another.

However, Alex couldn’t help glancing at the lanky boy every now and then, taking in his appealing appearance of black skinny jeans, blue v-neck, and a zip up hoodie that clung nicely to his shape.

Walking out into the apartment, the teacher headed towards his kitchen to retrieve a glass of wine. “Can I get you anything to drink?”
“I’ll have what you’re having,” deciding it would be best not to argue with the kid just yet, he poured another glass of the red liquid.

Jack walked over to the counter that held his glass and leaned against it next to Alex, neither of them saying anything as they sipped the alcohol. It was after a few minutes of silence when the student spoke up.

“So…you and Miss Bruce.”
“No. It’s nothing like that. She annoys the fuck out of me and I would never go with someone so…fake. She’s just some desperate whore trying to get her claws into anything she can.”

Turning to look at the black haired male next to him, he found him to be gnawing on his lip and nodding his head slightly, as if he slightly doubted what the brunette just said.
“Forget about her, really. She’s nothing. We’re here to sort our thing out.”

Jack turned to gaze at the teacher, his eyes hardening. “I think you made your feelings pretty clear earlier. You’re confused.

“Why wouldn’t I be confused?! This wasn’t supposed to happen, Jack! I’m an educator. There are laws, and then you come into my class and I can’t help but break them. I love my profession and I don’t want to ruin it because of feelings I can’t seem to control.”

Running a hand through his dishevelled hair in despair, Alex sauntered from the countertop to the living area where he collapsed onto one of the large couches, placing his wine on the coffee table. He was still so perplexed and couldn’t think of how to resolve any of this.

He was beginning to think inviting the younger male over was a bad idea, even more so since Jack was still in a foul humour.

“Your job’s important, I know that,” the adolescent spoke as he wander over without his glass, “and I’m just some stupid kid you happened to fuck at a party-”

“That’s how you think I see you?!” he gasped, appalled that the youth would think such a thing. “I’ve liked you since day one, Jack. I’ve tried to fight it but when I saw you on Friday at Danny’s I couldn’t help myself. Then on Saturday, I thought I’d have you out of my system except I seem to want you even more now.”

The raven haired teen sat down on the same couch as Alex, looking at him with a mixture of emotions that the brown haired man couldn’t comprehend.

“To put it simply; if I wasn’t your teacher, I’d have you.”

A smile spread over his face when he found a light blush filling the tall male’s cheeks.
“I…I guess I could switch schools again or something.”
“No, you shouldn’t have to do that. Maybe if we…I don’t know, try this thing out and see if it’s worth the risk?”

He couldn’t believe the words that left his mouth, but they felt right. It would be a trial run, for the both of them, to find out if the feelings they held for one another were purely lust or perhaps something deeper.

“You…you’re willing to do that?”
“Yeah, I am. But this has to stay between us. No one can know”
“I wouldn’t tell anyone anyway. And it’s not as if I would mention this kind of thing to Rian or Zack.”

Alex wasn’t able to hold back his happiness at the mention of the kid’s new friends. He knew of their friendship and supported it, aware that the two said boys were decent people.

“Umm, what about Danny and those guys?” Jack asked, his brows furrowing.
The teacher hadn’t thought of them. “Well, uh…” he wracked his brain for an answer until it hit him. “The others didn’t know you, did they? So they wont know that you go to the school where I work.”

Alex mentally patted himself on the back for that; proud that he came up with the solution so quickly. And the response seemed to satisfy Jack.

The two men looked at one another with the same sly smirk. “So, this is really going to happen? We’re trying this?” Jack asked as he took a deep breath of air.

Instead of answering straight away, Alex smiled smugly and crawled over to the teenager like a cat stalking its prey. Leaning over the younger boy with his arms holding his weight, he pressed his lips against the other’s for a long, zealous kiss that both had been longing for.

Pulling back to look into Jack‘s deep, dark eyes he whispered, “fuck yes.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey!
So you may be thinking that this whole thing is going really fast. But I do have it all (mostly) planned out, and I did mention drama. Have a little faith? :/

Anyway, thanks for reading this story. I know there are much better Jalex fics you could be indulging in, so it means a lot that you're reading this measly one.

Let me know your thoughts & feelings, please :)

Thank you to:

KaatieeATL
mollymurach
ameliajade
notabletoconnect
catribecome
pasty-face
darkeyeddreamerr
Katiemacx14
iiGrace
erica520
f0reverbr0ken
Rose682

for commenting!

<3