Status: Complete!

Saviour

Mom.

I entered the Coffee Shop with Sammi and Ella either side of me. I found my Mom sat in the corner straight away. I sighed and turned to the girls.

“Can we leave?” I asked.

Sammi chuckled but shook her head.

“Sorry sweetie, it might be best that you hear her side of the story. We’ll be here with you, we’ll sit as close as possible, but not so we can hear everything. Promise.” She smiled sympathetically.

I nodded and looked at Ella, who nodded with a slight smile. I sighed and turned around to see my Mom watching us. I started walking over to her, while Sammi and Ella went over to the counter and got themselves a drink. When I reached my Mom she smiled and stood up.

“I’m so happy you made it.” She said, going to hug me.

I started walking backwards away from her. She frowned and sat down, pointing at the chair opposite her for me to sit in.

“Don’t think that because I’ve come here means I’ve forgiven you, because I never will.” I said harshly.

She sighed and nodded.

“I know.” She said. “I got you a drink; I hope it’s the right one.”

You’d know if it’s the right one, if you noticed me and got to know me.

“Thank you.”

We stayed silent, both of us sipping our drinks before I spoke up.

“The Police said that a ‘Mrs Parker’ filed a report against Dad, I’m guessing that’s you.” I said.

Mom looked up and nodded.

“Why? I thought you ‘loved’ him?” I asked.

“I stopped loving him before I had you.” She muttered.

“Then why did you stay with him?”

“He forced me to.” She said looking down at her hands, which were wrapped around the mug.

I looked at her confused.

“He forced you to stay with him?”

She nodded.

“I’m confused.” I said.

“Shall I start from the beginning?” She asked.

“Would be a good idea.” I muttered.

She looked around before she started talking.

“When I met your Dad, we were both teenagers, he was the guy every girl wanted to be with, the guy all the other guys wanted to be, he was the most popular person at school. I wasn’t part of the popular crowd, but pretty much everyone at the school knew my name, but nothing about me. But the night of our leavers dance, they still did the king and queen of the year, and it just so happened that your Dad and I won. We got talking during our dance, and then spent the rest of the night talking; he invited me out the next day…”

I stopped her, not wanting to hear all about how they met or how they got together.

“I don’t need to know all that, it doesn’t explain why you suddenly want him locked up.” I said.

She sighed and nodded.

“When we were 21, the year before I had you, we went to a party, everyone from our school year were having a get together, a catch up. People were shocked at the fact that me and your Dad ended up married, by the age of 20.” She went off into her own little world, smiling slightly.

I sighed and looked around, seeing if I could locate Sammi and Ella, I found them sitting 4 tables down, Ella looked over and gave me a look as if to ask if it’s going okay, I nodded and she smiled, continuing her conversation with Sammi. I looked back at my Mom and saw her still daydreaming.

“Mom.” I said, trying to get her attention. “Mom.” I shouted.

She jumped and looked at me.

“Oh sorry.” She muttered.

I looked at her and waited for her to continue.

“Anyway, your Dad had gone off with some of his mates to get some drinks that were in the kitchen, when your Dad’s enemy, but my friend, came over to me and asked for a dance, I agreed and we started dancing. It wasn’t anything like you kids do you, but your Dad still didn’t like it when he came back into the lounge. He came over, pulled the guy away from me, punched him and dragged me home, the closer we got the tighter his grip was on my wrist. When we got in, he started accusing me of cheating on him and started smashing things. When I thought he calmed down a bit. I sat down on the couch, he sat on the other and took his boots off, before I knew it, they were flying towards me and hit me in the face. When I cried out in pain he came storming over to me and slapped me, telling me that if he finds out that I really am cheating on him he’ll kill me.” She looked down at her hands before looking at me.

I showed no emotion what so ever. Of course I wanted to hug her, and cry with her, she’s my Mom, but she’s also the woman who let the exact same man do the same to me, her daughter.

She sighed and continued.

“He grabbed me by my hair and dragged me upstairs, to our room and forced me on the bed. He then, he raped me. Once he was finished, I curled up on the bed, while he went back downstairs, he was still angry. I could hear him smashing things up, before I heard him coming up the stairs again, he came into the room holding the television, which was broken, he had smashed it, bits of the screen sticking out. He looked at me before throwing it at me. That’s what that ugly looking scar is on my leg; the screen had cut my leg badly. That night he slept on the couch, while I stayed upstairs on our bed, crying, my leg hurt too much for me to get up and go and do anything about it. The next morning he took me to the hospital to get stitches for me and fed them a lie, which they believed. When we got home, he told me I’ll never be able to leave him for another guy, and I believed him, I still do, it’s why I’m still with him, even though I wish I wasn’t.”

I sighed and looked around.

“So why did you let him do it to me? If you’ve been through it, why let him do it to me? Your daughter? Or did you feel it was okay because I’m different? I mean, it’s pretty obvious that you hate the way I dress, the music I listen to, you seemed happy that I had no friends. But that’s no excuse to let him beat me, and then years later rape me, Mom, why? Why did you let him get away with it?Fuck! Why did you join in?” I questioned.

“I-I joined in and didn’t stop him, because I was still scared of him, he forced me to. And the times I didn’t join in, when you would run out he’d rape me again, Elizabeth, you have to understand that I wasn’t doing it because I wanted to, I was doing it because he forced me to. I never wanted to hurt you. And as for the fact you dress different doesn’t bother me, you’re still Elizabeth Parker, my daughter.”

“I don’t believe you.” I said, simply.

“W-what?” She asked, looking at me shocked.

“I don’t believe you. I mean I believe that he did all that to you, but the part about you joining in? It’s bull shit.”

“Elizabeth, you have to believe me. I want to help you now.” She begged.

“I don’t need your help anymore. I have a whole new family, friends who care for me and a loving boyfriend.” I said.

“You have a boyfriend?” She questioned.

I nodded.

“Who is he?”

“Oh you know, the band I went to see those months ago? And Dad laughed calling them fags? Yeah, their lead singer.” I said smugly.

“Oh so you’re mixing with rock stars now?” She questioned.

“I guess you could say that.”

“Doesn’t sound very safe does it? Who knows what they do.”

I laughed at her.

“Oh you make me laugh, Mom.” I said with a straight face.

“What?”

“They’re not very safe? Who are you to tell me what’s safe or not? He helped Dad attack me for around 8 years of my life, that wasn’t safe. These guys, my boyfriend are safe, they have done nothing but look after me. Andy hit Dad when he went after me while Andy was around; he also left his tour early for me because I put myself in hospital. He cares very much about me, as do the rest of his band; they’re a family I have never had.” I said.

“W-why were you in hospital?” She asked, looking concerned.

“Wouldn’t you like to know?” I muttered.

“Of course I would, you’re my daughter.” She said.

“Oh stop using that fucking word. I’m not your daughter; you stopped treating me like I am years ago. So you can stop acting like you suddenly care.” I spat.

“But I do care, I’ve always thought of you as my daughter and that’s because you are, I do love you Elizabeth, I’m sorry I never helped you before.”

“So you want to know why I was in hospital.” I asked.

She looked up and nodded.

“You know that day you got Lauren to come over to Hayley’s? Pretending Dad had attacked her?”

Mom nodded.

“Yeah, we you guys pushed me over the edge, for weeks I locked myself in my room at Hayley’s not eating, hurting myself, refusing to talk to anyone. I spoke to Andy for about 5 minutes on my birthday and that was it, I didn’t answer his calls for the rest of the time. Hayley obviously called him home early because he was back two days before he was meant to me and guess what he first saw me do the second he came over? He saw me try and take my life, before of you guys.” I said.

I took my arms off the table and placed them in my lap, I looked down and rolled my sleeves up, revealing the scars big scars running up my arms, I went to the doctors the other day to get the stitches out. I ran my finger along the one of my left arm and hissed slightly at how tender it still is.

“What are you looking at?” Mom questioned, standing up and leaning over the table so she could see my arms.

She noticed before I had the chance to cover them.

“Oh Elizabeth. I’m so sorry that I’m to blame for this.” She said covering her mouth as she sat back down.

I shook my head and closed my eyes and tears threatened to fall down my cheeks.

“I-it’s not your fault. It’s Dad’s.” I choked out.

“I still feel bad.” She said.

She grabbed my hand causing me to flinch and pull it away, she looked hurt.

“Sorry, I’m hardly letting anyone touch me at the moment.” I said.

She nodded in understanding.

“Can I try and make up for all of this please, Elizabeth?” She asked.

I shrugged.

“Maybe. I mean, I want my Mom back, but I can’t just easily forgive you, that’s going to take years.” I said.

She nodded.

“Can I ask you something?” I asked.

“Anything.”

“When, er, when was the last time Dad, er, y’know, raped you?” I asked quietly.

She looked down and sighed.

“The day before he was arrested.” She said.

I nodded.

We stayed silent.

“Is Lauren at home?” I asked about my sister.

“No, she now lives her friend, she walked into our room while your Dad was doing what he seems to do best, and it scared her, she didn’t want to live in the same house as him.” She said.

I nodded and looked up to see Ella and Sammi making their way over to us. Mom looked over to where I was looking and looked back at me confused.

“Lizzie, the guys are on their way here for their lunch break.” Sammi said.

I nodded and looked at my Mom.

“Sammi, Ella, this is my Mom. Mom this is Sammi and Ella.”

They all said hello to each other before I spoke up again.

“Sammi is Jinxx, sorry I mean Jeremy’s fiancé, and Ella is Jake’s girlfriend.” I said.

“And those guys are in a band with your boyfriend?” She asked looking at me.

I nodded.

“Well, if they’re on their way here, do you want me to leave?” She asked.

“No. I want you to see for yourself, that these guys are caring and not your typical ‘rock star’.” I said.

She chuckled slightly and nodded. Just then, the door opened, and the Coffee Shop suddenly sounded ten times louder. They all looked over and made their way to us while Jinxx went and ordered the food and drinks. Ella ran into Jake’s arms, while Andy made his way over to me. He gave me a look of concern while I nodded. He smiled slightly and pulled me to him, kissing me gently on the lips. He pulled away and took a seat at one of the bigger tables.

“LizLiz, can I get another hug?” CC asked.

“Don’t hurt me.” I said.

He looked at me hurt before hugging me.

“I would never hurt you.” He said and pulled away.

They all made their way over to the table Andy was sat at, while I turned to my Mom.

“He seems lovely.” She said.

“He is. Come on, I’ll introduce you.”

She stood up and followed me over to the table.

“Guys, this is my Mom.” I said, they all smiled. “Mom, you know Sammi and Ella. Anyway, this is Christan, better known and CC. Next to him is Ashley, then you have Jeremy, but we know him as Jinxx, then we have Jake, and last but not least, this is Andy.” I said pointing to them all.

They all smiled and waved, apart from Andy. He frowned before standing up angrily and storming out of the Coffee Shop.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't go thinking she's forgiven her Mom so easily, because I can promise you she hasn't. Expect plenty more arguments between the two of them.

Sorry it's taken me so long to get this one out, still feel really ill and it's been putting me off wanting to update, but I did this today because I feel bad making you all wait so long while I know what is going to happen.

I tried to explain what her Mom is saying as much as possible, without upsetting myself too much while writing it. Certain bits actually have happened between my Mom and Dad just a matter of years ago, so it's still fresh, I felt it kinda fit with the story line so I put a bit of it in.

Also, I'm thinking of writing a new story, a Falling In Reverse one, well a Jacky Vincent one. Let me know if you guys would actually read it, and I'll start working on it soon.

Thank you guys so much for being patient with me on this, and to everyone who comments on every update. I know I'm no where near the best writer on here, but the fact that you guys are sticking with this story, makes me happy. I love you all <3

Becky xx