Status: Complete!

Saviour

"Welcome home."

Today was Curtis’s last day of work experience. The two weeks had gone by so quickly, but I suppose that’s because I’ve been happier. Andy’s back in my life, we’re happy together now, in fact happier than we were when we first started dating, Andy had gotten his temper sorted, which I was glad of. I didn’t like waking up in the mornings worrying that that day would be the day he snaps and attacks me. It didn’t happen thankfully. It’s not that I thought of him as the kind of guy to do that, it’s just living pretty much my entire life like that becomes a bit of a habit and when Andy gets angry, he really gets angry, he becomes scary.

Right now, I was sat in my office staring blankly at the computer screen. To be honest there wasn’t really much to do, seeing as the last two weeks had been spent helping Curtis, the last photo shoot I did myself was the one with All Time Low, and since then in the time I’ve had to myself I’ve edited the pictures and sent them copies, just like they asked. I haven’t done any photo shoot since, so it wasn’t like I had any editing to do.

I looked at my phone on the desk, just as the screen started flashing with Andy’s name across the screen.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Hey.” He said. “Are you busy at work today?” He asked.

“Not really, why?”

“Do you think you’ll be able to finish early? Y’know, so we can start moving your stuff in?”

“Oh yeah. Uhm, I’ll have to check with Katherine, though it should be fine.” I said.

“Okay, well let me know.”

“Will do.”

“Love you.”

“Love you too, bye.” I smiled and we hung up.

I guess I forgot to mention earlier, Andy asked me again to move in with him, and this time I agreed.
There was a knock on the door, causing me to look up and tell the person they can come in. The door opened to reveal Katherine. She didn’t push the door open fully and stood between the gap.

“Curtis is here by the way. He’s just going around saying thank you to everyone.” She said.

I nodded.

“Katherine.”

She looked at me and waited for me to continue.

“Is it possible for me to finish early today? It’s just I’m moving in with Andy and-“ She held up her hand, stopping me from continue.

“As soon as Curtis has been to see you, you can leave.” She smiled.

“Thank you.”

“No problem, and enjoy your weekend.” She said.

I nodded and looked back at the computer as she pushed the door open fully.

“I believe these belong to you, Lizzie.”

I looked up to see Curtis stood there with a bunch of flowers. I smiled at him as he walked into the room. Katherine stood there watching. He handed me the flowers and a card and stood watching me.

“Oh wow, these are lovely.” I said, smiling up at him.

I placed the flowers down and opened the card he had given to me. A thank you card.

“Thank you Curtis, these are lovely.” I said.

He smiled and nodded.

“I wanted to say thank you, because you’ve been a big help these past two weeks and made me feel so welcome here.” He said.

“Come here you.” I chuckled, standing up and walking around the desk.

Curtis walked over to me as I flung my arms open and giving him a hug, he giggled nervously and hugged me back.

“Now go and say thank you to Katherine, she organized all this.” I laughed.

He nodded and walked over to Katherine and thanked her. I went into my drawer, where I kept the folder of information and the work sheets Curtis had to do while here and placed it on my desk.

He walked back over to me and stand thank you again as I handed him the folder.

“I hope you get a job somewhere like here soon, Curtis. You’re a good guy and talented at what you do. Keep it up.” I said as I sat on my desk.

He nodded and smiled before saying bye and turning to leave. Katherine looked at me and held a finger up, signalling one minute as she led Curtis out.

I had a feeling I was actually going to miss having him around here, we was funny and just an all-round good kid, he didn’t do anything to try and piss me off, always did what I asked him or the other asked him to do.

I sat doodling on a random bit of paper when there was a knock on my door and, I shouted come in and Katherine walked in. I smiled at her and put the pen down and scrunching up the bit of paper I was doodling on and threw it in the bin.

“You did a really good job these past two weeks Lizzie.” Katherine said.

“Thank you, he made it kind of easy though, he was well behaved.” I said.

She smiled and nodded.

“He was. Anyway, I just want to say I’m giving you Monday off as well you have no photo shoots for next week, they’re all for the others, the only problem is one can’t stay to edit the photos, so I was wondering if you’d come in for a couple of hours Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to get his photos edited?” She asked.

I smiled and nodded.

“Great, well you’re free to go now and I’ll see you on Tuesday.” She said.

I thanked her as she left. I turned my computer off and pulled on my cardigan after I texted Andy, asking him to come and pick me up. I picked up my bag and placed the strap over my shoulder before sitting the card from Curtis on my desk and picked up the flowers from him too. I grabbed my keys and made my way out of the office and shut the door behind me before locking it. I placed the keys in my bag and made my way outside to wait for Andy.

**

After Andy had picked me up, we drove back to his place so I could put the flowers in water and put my bag away, before we made our way to Hayley’s so I could get my stuff. It was all packed, so it was just a matter of putting the bags in the back of the car.

While we were there Hayley started crying saying how Andy was stealing me from her, causing all of us to laugh, even she smiled slightly. I promised I would visit her and told her she was more than welcome to come and visit me at Andy’s which she got all excited about, yet again causing all of us to laugh.

I thanked Jen for letting me stay there, and for being a better mother than mine ever was. She smiled and told me I could talk to her about anything, before she hugged Andy and told him he was to look after me.

As soon were got to Andy’s place, which I guess is mine as well now, we had something to eat, before making our way upstairs to unpack my things. It took longer than necessary, because Andy thought it would be a good idea, every time he left the room, that when he came back he’d sneak up behind me and tickle my sides, causing me to squeal and laugh loudly as he continued, sending both of us flying onto the bed.

When we finally finished which was around 5pm we both collapsed on the bed. I looked at Andy before moving closer to him so I could cuddle up to his side. He looked down at me and smiled as he played with my hair.

“Did I ever tell you I prefer your hair like this?” Andy asked quietly.

I looked up at him and smiled, shaking my head no.

“Well I do.” He smiled.

I laughed and moved myself so I could kiss him. His head fell back on the pillow and his hand reached up and cupped the side of my face. He licked my bottom lip, asking for permission, which I agreed to by parting my lips slightly, causing his tongue to dart in and battle with mine. He moved us so I was lying on my back and he was leaning over me, with his hands either side of my head, keeping his weight off me. He eventually pulled away and rolled onto his side next to me as I cuddled up to him. He went back to playing with hair, humming slightly, before he started singing. It was long until I noticed he was singing ‘Saviour’.

I never meant to be the one who kept you from the dark
But now I know my wounds are sown because of who you are
I will take this burden on and become the holy one
But remember I am human and I'm bound to sing this song

So hear my voice,
Reminds you not to bleed
I am here

Saviour! Will be there
When you are feeling alone, ohhh
A saviour, for all that you do
So you live freely without their harm

So here I write my lullaby, to all the lonely ones
Remember as you learn to try to be the one you love
So I can take this pen and teach you how to live
But what is left unsaid, the greatest gift I gave.

So hear my voice
Reminds you not to bleed
I am here

Saviour! Will be there
When you are feeling alone, ohhh
A saviour for all that you do
So you live freely without their harm

Saviour! Will be there
When you are feeling alone, ohhh
A saviour for all that you do
So you live freely without their harm

When I hear your cries:
Praying for life
I will be there.

When I hear your cries:
Praying for life
I will be there!!!

I will be there!
I will always be there!
I will be there!


When he finished singing, he looked down at me and kissed me.

“Welcome home.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for neglecting this story for the last couple of weeks. I've been going through a lot and I needed to keep myself away from this story simply because it would get to me, it would send me spiralling down and I didn't want that, if I continued writing while I was in the state I was in, I would of basically made Lizzie feeling the way I'm feeling, I didn't want to do that, I wanted to get on a slightly happier side of this story. So I'm sorry and I'm going to try and stay this way now so I can finish this.

As you can see I have posted the Sequel, the idea I have down for that isn't the final one, I've been going between two, though that one is definitely looking to be the choice.

Let me know what you thought of this update and I'm hoping I'll get the next part up tomorrow.

Becky xx