Status: Complete!

Saviour

Interview.

I woke up the next morning confused about my surroundings, before remember that I’m now staying with Hayley. I looked at my phone remembering today was the day of my interview. I was more excited than nervous, which I suppose is a good thing. I looked at the time and saw that it was 9.30am. I might as well get up.

I looked around and saw Hayley was still asleep. I shrugged before getting out the bed and stretching, and then made my way out of the room. I quietly closed the door behind me, and made my way downstairs. I could already hear Jen doing something in the Kitchen. Once I reached the bottom of the stairs I looked around and padded into the kitchen.

“Morning Mrs Campbell.” I yawned.

She looked around and smiled.

“Morning.” She said. “What did I say about calling me that yesterday?” She smiled.

I laughed.

“Sorry, Jen.”

“That’s better.” She said before turning back around and continuing whatever it was that she was doing.

I went and sat down at the table, and looked around the kitchen. Just by being in here and in Hayley’s room, I can tell they have a much nicer house than my parents.

“Coffee?” Jen asked.

“Yes please.” I said, looking at her and smiling.

Jen took a mug down from the cabinet and poured the coffee into it before picking it up along with another mug and sat down at the table with me.

“So, why you awake this early?” She questioned, passing a mug of coffee over to me.

“I’m just excited about later on today.” I smiled.

“Why? What’s happening?”

“I have an interview with the creator of AP Magazine at midday.” I said.

Jen looked at me confused.

“What’s AP Magazine?” She asked.

“It’s a music magazine.” I chuckled.

“Oh. So how did this come about?”

“Someone I met last week, said they were determined in helping me achieve my dream, which is to photograph bands. So yesterday they went and spoke to someone who works to AP Magazine, and showed them some of my photos, and they later called me asking to go in for an interview.” I said.

She nodded.

“Oh, so you’re a Photographer.”

“I hope to be.” I nodded.

“Is there any way I can have a look?” She asked.

I nodded and stood up; making my way to a bag I left by their front door last night. Yeah, I decided to get everything done last night, at least then I wouldn’t have to rush around this morning and then forget something. I picked up my Portfolio and made my way back into the kitchen. I placed the book in front of Jen on the table and sat back in my seat.

It was mainly all the photos I had put on the net only I had edited them and wrote a bit about them all. I even started the portfolio off about what camera I use and all the equipment I use.
I sat watching Jen looking through it. She wasn’t like most people who just flick through it; she actually studied the photos and read what I had written next to the photos. When she had finished, she pushed it back towards me.

“Wow. Well the people at that magazine company would be fools to not hire you.” Jen smiled.

I smiled back and nodded. Before standing up and taking my now empty mug to the sink and rinsing it out. Once I dried it and put it back in the cupboard, I turned round and faced Jen again.

“I better go and get ready.” I said.

“Okay, you go and do that. I’ll wake Hayley up and get ready myself, and then we’ll drop you off for your interview if you want.” I smiled and nodded.

“I’d really appreciate it, thank you.” I said.

“It’s not a problem.” Jen said. “Now off you go and get ready.”

**

By the time we were all ready it was 11.15am.

Hayley and I rushed down the stairs. I doubled checked I had everything I needed in my bag before grabbing the piece of paper with the address on and handing it to Jen so she knew where we were going.

We went out to the car, Hayley got into the passenger seat in the front while I place my bag in the back before getting in myself. During the whole journey we made small talk, talking about anything and everything.

“So Lizzie, you nervous?” Hayley asked turning around in her seat.

“Actually, I’m not. I’m pretty excited.” I smiled.

Hayley smiled as well before turning back around in her seat.

“Good, that’s what I wanted to hear.” She said.

I looked at my phone and got Twitter up.

@ItsLizBiatches: On my way to job interviews #Excited. I pressed spend and placed my phone back into my bag.

I looked out the window and saw us pulling up to the office. Jen stopped the car and turned round.

“If you get out here, and go in, we’ll find somewhere to park and then come and wait for you.” She said.

I nodded and grabbed hold of my bag before getting out the car. I closed the door and stepped onto the path. I grabbed hold of the hair band on my wrist and gathered my hair into a ponytail before walking into the office.

When I entered, the young girl behind the desk looked up as I walked over.

“May I help you?” She asked, smiling up at me.

I nodded.

“Um, yeah. My names Lizzie Parker, I got a phone call yesterday asking to come in for an interview today.” I said.

She nodded before typing away on the keyboard.

“Ah, yeah. 12pm with Katherine. If you take a seat, I’ll go and let her know you’re here.” She said.

I nodded and made my way over to the seats and placed my bag on the floor in front of me. As I sat waiting, Hayley and Jen came in and sat with me.

The longer I sat waiting, the more I felt my nerves kick in. It wasn’t until Jen placed her hand on my knee that I realized my lap was bouncing. I looked at her and she smiled at me when a lady came out of her office.

“Lizzie Parker?”

I stood up and made my way over to her.

“Good luck.” Both Jen and Hayley shouted out.

I looked over and smiled, before turning back around.

“Hello, my names Katherine, I’m the general manager of the Magazine.” She said as she held her hand out for me to shake.

“Lizzie.” I smiled, shaking her hand.

She nodded and stepped aside, letting me into her office before coming in after me and shutting the door.

“So Lizzie. Tell me, what made you apply for here?” Katherine asked.

“Well, it wasn’t me that did it myself. Someone I know came here yesterday asking if you were interested in having someone new work here and he gave them my details. I didn’t know anything until I got a phone call.” I said.

“Ah yes, Andy Biersack. So what made you agree for the interview?” She asked leaning forward onto her desk.

“Well being a Photographer has been something I’ve wanted to do for a while, and I’ve always wanted to specialize is photographing bands. Also I’m just in desperate need of a job, seeing as no one was interested in employing me just because of the way I look.” I said.

Katherine nodded and looked at the paper in front of her.

“Hmm yes, well when Andy can in yesterday, I presume he told you later that day.” She started.

I nodded.

“Well he messaged me with ‘you’ll thank me later’ and left it at that.” I chuckled.

“Yeah, sounds like him. We’ve interviewed him and the rest of Black Veil Brides a few times, so we trusted him on what he said about you.” She started. “Is it true you’ve had people asking for copies of your work?” She questioned.

“It is. It happened yesterday as well. People ask because they like what they’ve seen on my website or because they’ve witnessed me taking the photo of maybe someone they know so they come over and ask if it’s possible for a copy.” I said.

She nodded and looked back up at me.

“Well me and some of my co-workers looked at your website yesterday before calling you, and what we saw really caught our eye.” She looked down at the paper in front of her again before looking back up at me.

“Have you brought the portfolio I asked you to bring?”

I nodded and reached into my bag and pulled it out before handing it to her. She took hold of it and started looking through it, exactly the same as Jen did earlier this morning.

I sat there watching her the whole time, my mind going crazy with what she might be thinking. Does she like it? Does she hate it? What does she think of it all?

“So, you know how to edit these photos on the computer as well?” She questioned.

I nodded.

“How long have you been into all this?”

“I started taking photographs around the age of 13 and got into the editing around 15/16.” I stated.

“So how old are you now?” She questioned.

“I’m 19.”

“Have you ever worked for another magazine or website? Maybe for work experience or anything?”

“Unfortunately, no.” I sighed.

“That’s not a problem.” She started. She closed my portfolio and looked back at me. “I’m willing to sign you on, and get you trained up to do all this professionally.”

“Really?”

“Yes. If it’s okay, can I keep hold of your Portfolio, I will show it to my co-workers and see if they agree. As soon as I get an answer, I will call you back and let you know.” Katherine smiled.

I nodded. “That’s fine. Roughly how long will that take?” I questioned.

“As soon as they are free. I have a meeting with one of them later on today and another within a day or two. Is that okay?”

“Yeah that’s fine.” I nodded.

“Okay, well I just need to double check we have the right number for you.” She said.

She read out the number she had down for me, and I nodded, letting her know it was correct.

She typed something on her computer, before printing it off, and handed me the papers.

“I need you to take these away with you and fill them in, and bring them with you when we call you back in. You’re definitely guaranteed a job here. I’m really impressed with what I’ve seen of your work. As of now I’m not sure if it will be studio work or doing our gig reviews for us. Maybe both. But I’m also interested in training you to be a professional in the editing department as well.” She said.

“Okay, thank you.” I said.

“Is there any questions?”

“Nope. I think everything I need to know has been explained. I just want to thank you in letting me give it a go at reaching my dreams.” I smiled.

Katherine smiled back and nodded, before standing up.

“It’s no problem honestly. It’s what we’re here to do. I can see how passionate you are about it, which is exactly what we need.”

I followed her lead and stood up with her. She walked over to her door and opened it.

“Thank you for coming in, and we’ll see you in a few days.” She said holding her hand out for me to shake again.

I grabbed her hand and shook it. “Of course.” I smiled.

“You can go and let Andy know the good news.” She laughed.

“I will do. Thank you.”

“No problem. See you soon.” She said, and let me out the room.

I looked round at her and waved before making my way to Jen and Hayley.

“So?” Hayley jumped up as soon as I approached them.

“Well I’m guaranteed a job. They’re keeping hold of my portfolio for a few days, and she’ll contact me as soon as her and her co-workers have discussed what I’ll be doing.” I smiled.

Hayley pulled me into a hug as Jen stood up.

“That’s great, Lizzie. How you going to celebrate?” Jen asked.

“Well I need to go and call Andy and let him know as it is all thanks to him.” I smiled.

She nodded and we made our way back to the car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Recs: 8 Readers: 68 Subscribers: 25 Comments: 18 - Thank you so much.

The job I've described is my dream job. Only where I live it's almost impossible, so I'd have to move into the city to try and achieve it.

Not sure if I will update again tonight or not. But if not I'll make sure I get a few in tomorrow as I'm home by myself and stuck in my room.

Let me know what you think.

Comment/Subscribe.

Becky x