Status: Complete

Alive Till Kingdom Come.

Entrance.

The rest of the day was a blur. After making it to the capitol, we got rushed to get our makeovers. Before I get to meet my stylist, I have to be “groomed to perfection” as one of the members of my prep team, Mika, said.
Mika, Milo and Miko, the triplets that are now my prep team. All three of them had the same shade of turquoise hair, ridiculously intense makeup (they gave me the impression of raccoons) and had a very plastic look to them. They really seemed to care and wanted to make me look as good as they can but they treated me like a dumb animal (something I’m starting to get used to here at the capitol). Talking down to me, poking and prodding me. ‘It’s so odd that you district 11 folk don’t die your hair.’ Or ‘you poor thing, you don’t have any makeup back home!’ but, I grin and bare it to the best of my ability, despite how much pain it caused me. I got waxed, my eyebrows plucked, my hair trimmed, got three different baths with different kinds of soaps that stung my now bare skin, I was lathered in lotion and finally I wore make up that ‘highlighted my already naturally handsome good looks’ which felt disgusting. Finally, I was left waiting, naked, for my stylist. A women with pale pink hair and many tattoo’s walked in. she was very short and despite her tattoo’s and hair, she looks as innocent as a young girl. But when she spoke I realized she was most likely in her forties.
“Hello.” She says in a soft and peppy, high pitched voice.
“Hi” I say lazily.
“So, you’re the black widow’s son?”
“I’m sorry, but what’s your name?”
“Perprismia” she practically dances around me, looking at my entire naked body. I do my best to look like I don’t care. If I’m as handsome as everyone says I am, I might as well get use to being treated like this. Abram Wellwood…the handsome piece of meat from district eleven, Joy…
“Nice to meet you.”
“Like wise, Abram.” she hands me my robe, which I happily put on and beckons me to the table with our lunch on it. A roast with mashed potatoes and bread rolls. Pudding for dessert.
“I designed for your mother many years ago. I was only twenty and it was my first year.”
“How come you didn’t get switched to a better district?” I said, changing the subject from my mom to something more pleasant.
“I have a fondness for district eleven.”
“Oh?” I say digging into my meal
“Yes, I must say you look a lot like Sinestra.”
“I’m nothing like her.” I say through gritted teeth.
“We’ll see.” She says a bit to cheery for my taste.
“So, for the parade, what will I be wearing?” I hope I’m not in a burlap sack. (for the recorded this has happened once!)
“Chaff and I have come to a agreement on what would be best to present you in.”
“And what might that be?” I ask while pulling a bun apart, the steam hitting me in the face.
“You’ll see.” She said smiling.

A half hour later I’m fully dressed and ready for the parade. I’m dressed as…Well, I’m not really sure what I am to be honest. I’m wearing black dress shoes, black slacks, a see threw Navy blue button up and a crown of flowers and berries. It’s safe to say I look ridiculous but compared to past district 11 tributes, I get off easy.
My prep team, Perprismia and I make it to the chariot room. I spot Chaff right away and walk up to him.
“Hey.”
“Hey, Well, aren’t you a looker. Careful, I don’t think we can see enough of your abs.” He says sarcastically. I roll my eyes but find myself laughing.
“Why don’t you go make some friends?” He says nudging me in the ribs while looking at the district one and two chariots. I shrug my shoulders. “Might come in-handy to have some friends in high places.” he says before I walk away.
I make my way to the district one chariot and spot the girl tribute.
“Hey.” I say nonchalantly, like I just so happen to be here. The girl was wearing a completely bejeweled dress, her hair was flaming red. She was very pretty but in a different way then Liv. The thought of Liv made my cheeks burn up.
“Hi.” She says while looking me up and down, sizing me up.
“Don’t you look pretty. Can I get a name?” I say while giving her my hand, which she shakes.
“Thanks, the name’s Ruby. You’re Abram Wellwood, right? From district eleven?”
“You’ve been keeping tabs on little ol’ me? Aw, I’m flattered.” She giggles. I rest my elbows on the district one chariot.
“Don’t be to flattered. I know your type.”
“Oh, really? What’s my type?”
“The kind of guy who thinks he’s all that because he’s good looking and has a parent who’s a victor. Trust me, we have a lot of you’re type back home. You must get a lot of attention in you’re district.” I put my hands up in defense. ‘Not even close, if I can get this girl to believe that’s who I am, the capitol will be a piece of cake’ I think to myself.
“Alright, You got me. You on the other hand I have no idea what your type is.” Ruby opened her mouth, about to speak when another person answered.
“And I don’t see why you should know.” It was the boy from district 2 who spoke but the boy from one was by his side. I smiled innocently, both boys where about my height. The boy from two had blonde curls and the boy from one had flaming red hair like his sister….maybe it wasn’t a good idea to flirt with Ruby…
“Hey, no big deal. We were just talking. The name’s Abram. Yours?” It’s better to act confident then runaway screaming.
“I’m Orion this is Caius.” Said the one from district one. we shook hands, it felt like he was trying to break my hand. I did my best to return the pain.
“So, what are you doing all the way over here, pretty boy? Lost?” Caius said while shaking my hand with the same death grip as Orion.
“Nope,” I said popping the ‘p’. “Just making friends.” I say smirking, Ruby laughed.
Chaff comes walking up to us.
“Time to get on your chariot, Abram.” He says simply. I nod.
“Well, see you later. I’m going to walk backwards so that way Ruby doesn’t stare at my ass.” Ruby laughed but Orion looked like he wanted to hurt me. I waved. Chaff just smiled and walked me back to the district 11 chariot.
“Way to make first impressions.” Chaff says chuckling softly while helping me onto the chariot, the horses where wheat brown.
“I try.”

Once I’m on the chariot, I notice Rosemary was already on. She looked at my outfit and back down at hers. We were dressed the same. “I think I’m supposed to be a blueberry.” She mumbles. She’s wearing a navy blue dress that sort of bubbles out. Her blonde hair is in a bun on the crown of her head with a few curls that shape her face and the same crown of little flowers and berries I have in my hair, are in hers.
“Well, I think you look very pretty.” I say smiling.
Its almost scary how much she reminds me of Phoebe. I know I shouldn’t get to know her, it will be to painful if she dies but it feels better to have someone that reminds me of home. Like a little reminder why I’m acting like a complete idiot.
“You both look nice. Now, it’s time for the parade.” Oswald says.
“Knock the ladies dead, pretty boy.” Chaff says. ‘Guess I have a new nickname…’

The moment the door opens the roaring of cheers hits me like lighting. I never realized how loud it is on T.V. The chariot starts moving. I put my mask on, smirking casually even though on the inside I’m freaking out. We reach the streets and the cheering is even louder. I look down and see that Rosemary is shaking and looks like she’s about to cry. My older brother instincts take over and before I know it I grab Rosemary’s little hand and hold it in my own. She looked up at me shocked. I can see the tears forming in her eyes. “Smile and wave.” I mumble.
“play on the fact that you’re sweet and innocent. So, smile and wave.” She hesitates for a moment but then she does exactly what I tell her to do. She’s smiling, giggling, waving and even got a few roses thrown at her. I, on the other hand play up the whole handsome and I know it thing by waving lazily and smirking and when girls in the crowd cheer for me, I blow a kiss in there direction, while I lift a eyebrow like it was such burden to blow them a kiss in the first place. I swear all the girls where passing out. I wondered what Liv, would think of all this…I kept Rosemary’s hand in mine.

“You did excellent!” Perprismia squeals. Chaff helps me down from the chariot. I smile at both of them. “Thanks, I-“
“Hey, pretty boy!” I look over in the general direction the voice came from to see Ruby walking towards me. I smirk at her.
“Well, you sure hogged all the attention.” She says smiling.
“I don’t know about that, you seemed to get some fans.”
“Why, thank you.”
“So, what are you doing all the way over here, lost?”
“You wish. Actually I have a proposition for you.”
“And what might that be?” I say, smiling and crossing my arms.
“Tomorrow, during training if you prove that you’re of any use. We could talk about a possible alliance?”
“Maybe, if you prove that you’re of any use.” I say mocking her tone.
“See you tomorrow, pretty boy.”
“Sure thing, pretty girl.” She rolls her eyes, smirks and walks away.
‘I’m to good at this.’ I think.
♠ ♠ ♠
xo, Jessie