Status: Complete

Alive Till Kingdom Come.

Training.

The next day I put on a grey long sleeve, black pants and leather boots, and silently went to breakfast. I was the last one there. Perprismia, mother and Rosemary’s stylist: Lysander where having a discussion on one end of the table and Oswald, Seeder, and Chaff on the other. Rosemary sat at the end by herself. I sat across from her and digged in immediately.
“G’morning.” I say yawning. I didn’t sleep well last night. More dreams of children dying, this time I was tying the knot of Willow’s noose.
“Good morning. Sleep well?” She asks.
“Alright, how ‘bout you?”
“Slept ok.” She probably had a few nightmares herself.
I just nodded, while I chewed on a muffin with small pieces of chocolate in it.
“Now that Mr. Wellwood has arrived, I can finally tell you how well you both did last night. Everyone is talking about you too!” Oswald says, gleefully. Perprismia claps “I knew you would do well, Abram! And Rosemary, you were so adorable!”
“Aye, thanks.” I smile while pouring a glass of orange juice.
“Today’s training day. Are you both ready?” my mother asks.
“Yeah, I guess.” Rosemary says.
“Just stay close to me. You’ll be fine.” I say smiling down at her.
“Don’t forget about you’re hot date today, Abram.” Chaff says sarcastically.
“Hot date?” Oswald asks.
“Abram, here got himself a date with the girl from district one. They’re going to talk alliances today.”
“Oh, how exciting!” Perprismia chirps.
“Do, you have any advice for today?” I ask
“Well, for starters-“ my mom begins.
“I was asking, Chaff.” I say threw gritted teeth. Chaff smiles innocently at my mother.
“It would be smart to hide your talents and whatever you don’t know, you should act like you have it down. If the district one girl wants to judge you’re skills before she makes an alliance with you, you should appear faultless. If you can make more alliance’s that would be smart too. ”
I just nod and occasionally send death glares to my mother. That can’t be too difficult, right?

Training begun at 12 o’clock sharp and Oswald wouldn’t allow us to be even a second late. All tributes gather in the center while the lead trainer gave a small speech about the rules and procedures. Rosemary was at my side the whole time.
“Hey.” Ruby whispers in my ear. I cross my arms and look down at her, smirking.
“Are you trying to get me in trouble? I’m trying to listen.” I say laughing. Ruby snorts and rolls her eyes.
“Oh, yeah, that’s my life’s goal.”
“Well good, I hope you’re life revolves around me.”
“So, about that alliance. Obviously, this wouldn’t include Caius or Orion.”
“Oh, what a shame! I thought they loved me.” She rolls her eyes again.
“It will be just between the two of us. Well, if I think you’re good enough, pretty boy.”
“Like wise, pretty girl.” And the crowd breaks up and goes to different stations. This just left Ruby, Rosemary and I.
“Good luck. I’ll be watching.” Ruby says while heading towards the spear throwing station.
I turn to Rosemary, “Lets show off a bit and go to the climbing station.”
She smiles at this, if one thing district eleven kids are good at, it’s climbing.
We casually walked around to different stations. Climbing, spears, knives, knot-tying etc. I occasionally look over at Ruby and see her smiling at me. I assume, I impress her but she never said anything. Probably, doesn’t want her brother involved…
Rosemary and I where at the knives station. I could practically feel Orion and Caius breathing down my neck however, I didn’t miss a single target.
“Can you take any longer?” Orion mutters. I turn around, smiling. ‘Kill them with kindness, right?’
“Why don’t you watch a little longer, you could learn something.”
“You may have my sister tied around your finger but doesn’t mean anyone else here is buying it.” He seethes.
“Whoa, that’s shocking. You’re actually smart enough to talk and breath at the same time. Keep working on it and maybe one day you can talk and walk at the same time.”
“What did you say?” Orion is seething.
“Did I use to many big words? Aw, I’m sorry.” I say as if I’m speaking to a baby. I can see the gamekeeper’s eyes on us. Judging us.
“That’s it!” he grabs a fist full of my shirt and swings at me. I swiftly move my head to the side, avoiding his huge fist. I push on his shoulders, freeing myself from his grip and I’m about to swing at him when a few trainers pull us apart.
“All right, break it up! Plenty of time for that in the arena!” says the head trainer. I look up to see Orion give me a death glare and spot Ruby behind him, giving me a wink.
Guess I have a alliance. I look over to the right to see the guy from 7 staring at me, calculating. He’s gone before I blink.
“If he backs off.” Orion spits.
Never mind, killing with kindness is completely overrated but at least I’m rememberd.
♠ ♠ ♠
xo, Jessie