Status: Completed 2/16/2013

Love Will Save You

She Knows She's Hot, But That's All She's Got

-Melanie-

"Told you so," I sang after Danielle told me what happened between her and Jamie. She laughed and pushed my shoulder after drying off her hands. "I swear, Danielle. You're the only person I know who can manage to get chocolate everywhere but in her mouth and on her clothes," I giggled. "Oh, shut up, Melanie. You do it, too," she smiled. "That was one time, and you scared me!" She stuck her tongue out at me and we walked out of the bathroom and started walking down the small hallway back to the room everyone else was in.

We stopped before we reached the doorway because we heard people talking. "I thought you meant we were just taking a break, baby," we heard a girl say from inside the room. Ryan's voice came next, "How the hell did you get 'We're just on a break' from 'I never want to see your cheating ass again'?" "You weren't thinking straight, you were drunk. Just please, give us one more chance, Ry." "Don't call me that, Morgan. You know just as well as I do that I wasn't drunk. I told you, I'm done with you." "Morgan!" Danielle and I whispered to each other, wide-eyed.

I could tell Danielle suddenly got mad because she quickly rushed into the room. I followed behind her as she faked a smile, "Morgan!" "Um, who are you?" Morgan asked bitterly. "Danielle. From high school! Remember?" "Uh, I don't think so." "No, I know you remember. I think the words you used were 'jealous', 'loser', 'bitch'.. Oh, and then there's my personal favorite, 'slut'." "Oh, yeah. Of course I remember you. I can see nothing's changed either," Morgan said plainly. "Wait," Jamie started, but Danielle put her hand up to stop him. "No. It's okay, Jaim. I've got this," she said, never taking her eyes off of Morgan.

"Now, I'm gonna ask this question once, and I expect an answer," Danielle addressed Morgan again, "What the fuck do you think you're doing here?" "I think I'm here to get my boyfriend back," Morgan stated. "Really? Funny, because I'm pretty sure he hasn't been your boyfriend for what, six and a half months now?" "And how would you know that?" "Honey, the Beautiful Freaks find out everything." "So, you're fans?" Morgan said, looking over Danielle's shoulder at me. "That, too," Danielle shrugged. "Then how are you even in here?"

By this time, Ryan had walked over to me and had his arms around me. "Jamie and I are dating them, genius," Ryan said, rolling his eyes. Morgan laughed and looked at me, then at Ryan, "Seriously?" "Did you plan on your life ending earlier than you had expected it to?" Danielle nearly yelled. Jamie already had his hands close to her waist, ready to grab her if she got too angry. Morgan ignored Danielle and said, "That's what you go to after me? Are you kidding me?" "Yeah. Yeah, you did," Danielle said, taking a step toward Morgan. Jamie grabbed her waist and held her to him. She turned her head quickly to look at him, "Damn it, Jamie! She deserves to be hit!" "I know she does, babe, but that doesn't mean you should do it."

"Okay, them I can see," Morgan said, nodding toward Danielle and Jamie, "They bicker like an old married couple. But you and her? Really?" "Look, Morgan. I'm sorry that you're having a hard time coping with the fact that I'm actually happy now, but you don't need to take it out on my girlfriend," Ryan said, emphasizing the word 'girlfriend'. Morgan smirked before walking out the room, "This isn't over, Ryan. I always win."

"God, she reminds me of Sarah, except without the blonde extensions and 20 pounds of makeup caked onto the face her daddy bought her," Danielle sighed when Jamie finally let go of her.

"I told you it would happen again," I said, looking at Danielle before running out of the room.

-Ryan-

"Melanie! Wait," Danielle called, starting to follow her. "No, Morgan's my ex. I'll go talk to her," I said, walking out of the room. "Good luck, Ry," she yelled after me. "You're gonna need it," she mumbled afterward.

I looked in almost every room, but I couldn't find Melanie. I sighed and just decided to go outside for some air. When I stepped out onto the sidewalk, I saw Melanie sitting on a bench right next to the door. I could tell she was shivering, but she was trying to hide it. I took off my jacket and walked over to her. "Here, Mel," I said softly, trying to put my jacket over her shoulders. "I don't need it, Ryan," she said bitterly, pushing it away. "Melanie, it is the middle of winter in New York. You are either taking the jacket, or going back inside." "I don't want it. Just leave me alone," she said quietly. "Why? So you can freeze to death? I'm not letting that happen, Mel. Please, just take my jacket or I'm gonna have to carry you back inside." "Why can't you just let me freeze to death? I'm sure everyone would be happier anyway," she said, not looking at me.

I looked at her shocked, but put my jacket back on before picking her up and walking back inside. She only sighed, and I was surprised she didn't put up a fight, but I wasn't complaining about it. "Danielle, Jamie, Nash, Ian, Maggie, and I," I said as I put her down on a couch in the lobby, sitting next to her. "What?" she asked, looking up at me, confused. "We are why I can't let you freeze to death. We love you way more than you want to let yourself believe, Melanie. So a couple girls got jealous? You've got six people plus our fans that love you." "Your fans don't love me," she muttered, looking back down. "I know about how excited they get when you tweet them back. We get tweets all the time about how much they love you and Danielle both. Who cares if a few girls get jealous? It's only because they would probably kill to be you. But I don't want them, Mel. I want you. They just need to deal with it."

Melanie was silent for a couple minutes, and when she did talk, I heard her voice crack, "I love you, Ryan." I lifted her head up to look at me and I saw she was crying. I took her face in my hands, wiped away her tears, and smiled, "I love you, too, Melanie. More than anything."

"Ry, I'm cold," Melanie said as we walked back to the room everyone was in. "Well, I offered you my jacket at least 5 times so far, and you said no every time, so I don't know what to tell you," I laughed. "I don't want your jacket," she shrugged. "Then how do you expect to get warm?" "I want you to hold me," she replied simply. I smiled and wrapped my arms around her as we walked, "I can do that." "It's hard to walk like this," she giggled. "There's just no pleasing you, is there?" I chuckled, loosening my grip on her. She grabbed my wrists and pulled my arms tighter around her, "I just said it was hard to walk, I didn't say I wanted you to let go of me."

I smiled and we walked back into the room. Everyone turned to look at us and Danielle shuffled - or however girls run in heels - over to Melanie, throwing her arms around her neck. "Hello to you, too," Melanie smiled. "I just want you to know," Danielle paused and pointed at Jamie, "that had he not held me back, I would have beat that bitch up." Melanie laughed at Jamie's shocked expression and smiled at Danielle, "I know, but this band has a reputation to uphold. And that's getting drunk and making awesome music. Well, not at the same time, but you know what I mean. They can't have their merch girl running around beating people." "However, if someone tries to kill us or something, we'll know who to call, Danielle," I laughed. Danielle thought for a moment and then smiled before skipping back over to Jamie, "Okay!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Title: "Downtown Girl" by Hot Chelle Rae

I love Morgan, okay. I have nothing against her.
Just thought I'd clear that up. :)

Damn, I'm so good at ending chapters horribly, I deserve a medal.