Status: Don't forget to check to see who's POV you're reading :)

Honour Thy Lady

Chapter Seven: Cecile's POV

I was still in a confused daze when i was finally ready and escorted down to the Grande Dining Room. Of course Sir Marcus was one of the men to escort me, it was his soul duty to be by my side, but he kept his eyes towards our destination and not once looked back over at me. Unsure of how to act i rounded my shoulders and lifted my head up. After all, i heard my father and my property bidder would be my host for the night. As i walked in all i could see were the millions of blue lights shinning around me. Then the screaming hit me.

What i took for magic, were in fact the cousins of the pixies, the fairies.
Adult fey were just as large as humans, but in their youth, human years one to fifty-five, they were only the size of my palm. It was a defense maneuver to help them hide, for as younglings the fey magic never leaves their body and makes them glow all the time.
I wanted to run and release all of them, but i was as much a captive as they were. So instead i held my breath and walked across to my father. He kissed my hand in a formal manner and whirled me around to a man almost his age. I felt the shock but my face was a perfect smiling doll.

"Why Harold, she is as beautiful as the fey themselves just as you said." They way Sir Fredrick said this, all while slinking his hand into mine without asking so as to kiss it made me want to faint just to have my Protective Hands take me away from him as quickly as possible. I swallowed the vile taste in my mouth and talked him kindly.

After that nothing really happened other than delectable dishes i was to sickened from the screams to eat, and political talk between the men. That was until i heard yelling coming from the kitchen. I felt more than saw Marcus move in closer to me just as the door burst open and a very drunk Germaine stumbled in.
Even from here i could see pure hatred in her eyes, directed at everyone, and knew without a doubt things were about to get interesting in a bad way.

Suddenly i was thrown out of my chair and right into a carving knife. All i could understand out of all the screaming and telling was how Fredrick had taken guardianship as to marry her at a proper age, and how the war would be soon and a pretty face to rival the fey wouldn't save him or his land from them. Then my father was there grabbing me by my injured arm and telling me to take care of myself, and behind him i saw Fredrick slapping the poor mind altered girl into silence.

All of it was to much, and for the first time in my life, i lost it.

The magic pitch of my voice had rose above the catastrophe of the room before i had even opened my eyes. The moment i opened them i knew something was wrong as everything was distorted and wrong, and there was a purple haze to everything. It was at that moment i knew my power had taken full effect and my whole body was glowing purple. Everyone but Marcus backed off. He was calling my name and sounding in pure pain and i feared someone was hurting him too and my voice rose even more causing everyone to cover their ears.

And then the jars holding the fairies broke.
They started to attack as my will for them to destroy everything bad escaped in my song. I heard Marcus yelling again and could feel the castle guards closing in on me, just as i felt his arms grab me and carry me at a dead run.
I felt the cold air on my face just as all the wind left my body and i fell silent and dazed as we broke through to the woods.

There a few feet away i saw the young guard Javis holding three horses. My amazing Knight lifted me onto the stallion with no questions or fear towards me and connected his horse to mine, then checked the surprise. He looked up and saw my bewildered face at all of this convenience.

"After i met the girl i felt something was wrong and decided to be prepared, shall we my lady?" he said mounting his horse.

And just then the hunting horn sounded from the castle.
♠ ♠ ♠
aannndddd.....this chapter is brought to you by barq's caffeinated root beer.

well now didn't i tell you it would be worth it?
tell us if it was! we'd love to know how to make this more fun for you all.

yyooouuuurrrr up Sir Marcus!!! (hope these were worth the wait, they were hard to write.)