Status: Contest entry, let me know what you think!

Family Is All It Takes

Chapter 3

“Geno!” Mackenzie giggled. “Put me down!”

The Russian obliged and placed her back on her feet. “I sorry. It what Jordan do.”

She nodded. “Very, very true.”

“So what are you writing about this time?” Sidney asked hugging Mackenzie.

‘This time?’ Brandon wondered. She had done this before? Mackenzie seemed so young.

“I’m going to observe and see how the recent departures of the team leading from Max up to present day and the new arrivals have affected the team and changed the dynamics,” she explained. “It should be fun.”

“How long are you with us this time?” Pascal asked. “Last time it was just for the playoffs.”

“I should be here until the end of November. So a rather long time,” she said. It was only the end of September.

“Just like old times, eh?” Kris asked.

Mackenzie gave a sad smile. “Almost. Almost like old times.”

“How’s Jake?” James asked.

“Wait,” Marc-Andre said. “How do you know about Jake?”

“I met James while I was covering the All-Star Game for that newspaper in Montreal. I had Jake with me,” Mackenzie said. “And he’s great. My mom’s going to bring him in later because he misses you all so much.”

“We can’t wait to see him,” Sidney assured her. “Is he bringing his hockey stuff?”

“I tried to convince him not to, but yes, he is,” she nodded.

“He still wants to be a goalie?” Marc-Andre asked.

“Nope, he’s moved on to a defenseman,” she said. “It changes every practice.”

“Who’s Jake?” Brandon asked speaking up for the first time.

“Jake’s my son. He’s a little hockey obsessed,” Mackenzie explained. “He should be here in about an hour.”

“Well let’s get to practicing, boys. We’ll see Jake and Mac in a little while!” Sidney announced.

There was a murmur of agreement from around the room and everyone moved to get there things. It was going to be a long practice.
♠ ♠ ♠
So... what do you think? I know there wasn't much Brandon in this one, but I wanted to establish the relationship Mac had with all the boys. Let me know what's on your minds, lovelies!