Status: Completed :)

The One for Me

Chapter Fourteen

I stood at the open door in shock. Was I supposed to go after him? I wasn’t sure about ‘us’ anymore. How could I be? Because of the ‘us’ I could get someone he cares about killed. Or I could get him killed. Because of the ‘us’ he could kill hundreds of lives just because he loved me. I felt strong warm hands massage my shoulders. I wiped a tear and shrugged Kiesop’s hands off.

“Don’t worry about him,” he sighed as he followed me back to the patio. “It’s obvious that he doesn’t care about you anymore.”

“Will you just shut up?” I snapped. I plopped myself on to the loveseat we had occupied prior to Jonghyun’s visit. I wondered what it would be like to make love on such an object. Would it be uncomfortable?

Kiesop cleared his throat immediately bringing me back from my thoughts. “You’re too beautiful to deal with so much stress.”

“Stop talking,” I growled. Why had I invited him in? He had come to the door while I was sulking on the patio and when I didn’t answer he thought it would be okay to climb over the fence and join my pity party.

”Don’t cry,” he had said. He sat beside me and grinned. His teeth were perfectly straight and I wondered how that could have been since I knew he wasn’t a noble. “Tell me what’s wrong.”

“It’s too long of a story,” I sniffed. He scooted closer to me and put his arm on the back of the loveseat. I felt smothered. It was way too hot outside and I just wanted to crawl in a corner and die. How could I have been so stupid as to think it would work itself out in the end?
Kiesop flipped his bangs, which covered a third of his face well, out of his face. His blue eyes seemed darker for some reason. “Good thing I have a lot of time,” he winked.


I had told him everything. Everything except the part about me overhearing someone talk about poisoning the royal family. He rubbed my knee and sighed. “Key,” he waited until I was looking at him. He smiled and I felt the corners of my mouth turn up. “See such a pretty smile!”

“Why are you here?” I asked as I rolled my eyes and pushed his hand off my leg.

“Well ever since I saw you I couldn’t get you out of my head,” he shrugged.

I felt a lump in my throat. “H-how can I just sit here and let him think I’m cheating on him?”

“Well are you?” Kiesop questioned with a raised eyebrow. I bit my bottom lip and shook my head. I had to admit Kiesop was attractive and he made me forget about Jonghyun until he showed up at my door. But I missed him. I missed his touch and his kisses. “Then go talk to him.”

My eyes widened. “Are you okay?” I pressed the back of my hand to his forehead.

He chuckled and removed my hand. “I’m fine… go on.”

“You’re not going to tell me that I should give up on him?” I asked incredulously. I watched as he turned my hand over and traced the lines of my hand with his index finger.

“No… sometimes fighting works. And you don’t need anyone to fight for you Key… you do great all by yourself,” he grinned. I beamed and we embraced each other.

“Thank you,” I whispered. He nodded as I stood and ran out. I felt a little odd leaving him at my house but figured he could just climb over the fence to go home. I hurried to the royal side of the castle and barley ran in to Haku in my haste. “Have…Have you seen Jonghyun?” I asked breathlessly.

He nodded. “He walked off in to the forest about a moment ago…”

“Do you know where he’s going?” I questioned.

He slowly shook his head. “He went there earlier with Kyun-hyung… that’s all I know.”

I narrowed my eyes at him. I took a step closer and glared down at his shrinking form. “So you do know where he went… and he told you not to tell me?”

“I-I... y-you should ugh… I really don’t want to be a part of this!” He stuttered.

I grabbed his arm and spun him towards the forest. “Let’s go.”

“Together? Like to find him?”

“No to find lions and tigers and bears,” I spat sarcastically. “Yes to find him!”

Haku shook his head and I pushed him forward with my finger. Soon he began to walk on and I followed. Why had Jonghyun gone to the forest? Why wouldn’t he just take a carriage to get to where he’s going?

************

A small cabin came in to view as we walked in to an open space. It was beautiful. The grass reached my calves as we strolled towards the wooden shelter. Haku froze at the door and I sighed in irritation. “Why do you look so scared?! Knock.”

“He was really pissed off….”

I rolled my eyes and knocked. Haku ran around the cabin and when I didn’t get an answer I turned the knob and waltzed inside. Jonghyun’s red eyes met mine and my heart broke. How could I have let him go like that? I sat timidly beside him on the bed.

“I’m not cheating you,” I said. I stared hard at the side of his face as he bore his eyes in to the dusty wooden floors. I sighed. “Jong! I’m not-” My voice caught in my throat once he looked at me.

“When I was little… my mom would come here to get away. She and my dad would get in to arguments so bad that they would make her cry. So she went away for days… I didn’t know she came here until Kyun told me,” he breathed. Why was he telling me this? “I-I thought that maybe if I came here that I would feel how she felt after she got mad at him… b-because I got mad at you.”

“But I-”

“Didn’t cheat on me… I know,” he shrugged.

“Kiesop was there… but he was just there to listen to me talk about you,” I confessed. “Nothing happened.”

“You were talking about me?” he asked.

I nodded. “I felt bad for running out on you that day I met the King.”

“Why did you run out on me?” he prodded.

“Nerves,” I lied.

“You don’t have to be nervous Kibummie, he’s just my dad,” he replied. I gave him a tight smile. It hurt me to lie to him. Well I wasn’t lying about being nervous but I was lying about why I ran out. I still couldn’t figure out who it was, or where I heard that voice before.

“I love you,” I said softly.

He pecked my lips. “I love you more.”

I grin widened as he pushed me flat on the bed. I could feel the heat pulsating off of our bodies. I wanted to stay with him there but I had a feeling everyone would be looking for their Prince. “We can’t.”

“Why not?” he pouted.

“Haku’s outside and I don’t want to get caught by your maids when they come to get you,” I sighed.

Jonghyun groaned and rolled off of me. “But I really wanted to see what it was like to do it on a table.”

I scoffed, “As if I would lower myself to such standards.” He turned to wink at me and I smirked. How could I let the boy I loved die just because I wanted to be with him?

“You’re so bad at hiding you’re curiosity though,” he growled as he bit my ear. I found the gesture erotic but I pushed him aside before I got too excited.

“Stop that,” I spat failing at hiding a smile. Jonghyun nipped at my ear and held my hand to prevent me from stopping him. I bit my lips; I refused to show him the satisfactory of getting a noise out of me. “Jong please!”

“Mmmm,” he hummed. “Say it again… my name.”

“No, stop it.” He moved his lips to my jawline while his other hand ran down the middle of my stomach. My neck arched and I could feel his lips curl up in to a smile.

“Say you like it,” he demanded. I shook my head and he lowered his hand. “Say it!”

“Say you’ll run away with me,” I whispered. He removed his lips from my jawline and stared in to my eyes. I had no idea why that had blurted out of my mouth. I felt as if the air was suffocating. He only stared at me as if I wasn’t really there.

“Run away?” he questioned. It sounded more like a statement but I hated how it sounded coming out of his lips. I opened my mouth and he sat up. I sighed. Why had I said that? “I can’t… you know I can’t… I-I have to marry Hana-ssi.”

“Yeah,” I replied. It sounded so bitter to me when it came out of my mouth.

He turned to me. “Seriously?”

“I’m sorry…”

“Are you?”

“I just think that Hana-ssi isn’t all who you think she is,” I shrugged.

He narrowed his eyes. “What do you mean?”

“I think she’s manipulative and evil not the cute little girl you think she is,” I answered calmly.

“That’s ridiculous,” he sighed. He shook his head and stood. “How could you say that about her? She has been nothing but kind to you!”

I arched an eyebrow and shot up filled with rage. “Kind? She had done nothing but made our relationship a living hell Jonghyun and you have been oblivious to it!”

“What?” he sighed and put his hands on his hips. “She’s the upcoming Queen.”

“And what I am?” I asked. “Nothing. Not to you and not to this country. So goodbye.” I stomped over to the door and turned over my shoulder. “For good.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this update took forever! SHow Choir camp....and it's hell. So I am very sorry lol I hope this story comes out great! So comment and if you haven't already subscribe! ^_^ I love you.

Thanks for reading! ^-^