Tell Me All Your Secrets

Chapter 5

As it turned out, today was a short day. Who knew right? Dan told whilst we were sitting in our 3rd lesson. I still can’t believe it.

“So you’re telling me I started school today and I only have to go to three lessons? And it’s only thursday?” he proceed to do this weird nod shrug thing. “Yeah, this school is a bit odd.” I couldn’t help but roll my eyes.

‘A bit?’ I thought incredulously. Paedophile teachers, teachers that looked like rockstars, and currently teachers that let you do whatever the fuck you wanted. Not to mention people who leave depressing books all over the place.

“Dan!” I say suddenly, he rolls his eyes. “Josh! What can I do for you?” I narrow my eyes at him. “Don’t mock me!” I say hitting his shoulder. He clutched it saying ‘ow’. I scoffed. “Get over it you pansy. Anyway, have you ever seen this before?” I asked him pulling out the journal I found earlier. He stared at it for a second before shaking his head.

“No... Well, wait. I think I’ve seen Oli with a book like that. So you’ll have to ask him.” I nod lightly, thinking back to the doe eyed, pouty lipped boy. I wonder what he can do with those lips of his...

I shake my head, slightly disgusted with myself. Josh, now’s not the time to be a horny fucker. I practically scolded myself. Even with how attractive that guy is. “Josh! Josh!” Dan pulled me out of my thoughts, waving his hand in front of my face.

“Hmm? Sorry mate. I zoned out a bit.” He rolled his eyes. “Obviously. I asked you if you wanted to hang after school? Me, Chris and Oli are. You’re welcome to come.” I grinned at him, before remembering my mum-- a small frown setting its way on my face.

“Ugh. I’m sorry, mum wants me home after school. Probably wants to be reassured I’ve haven’t burnt down half of the bloody school already or something.” Dan looked at me for a second before erupting in a laugh. “Have you done that before?”

I scoff, shaking my head. “Of course not. Do you think they’d let me back in a school if I did?” He looked thoughtful for a second before shrugging. “I guess not.” I sigh, running a hand through my hair. “My mum’s just got this idea that I like to cause trouble.” Dan raises an eyebrow.

“So you’re like the perfect child and your mum can’t see it or what?” I snorted with laughter, my signature smirk setting its way on my face. “Hardly. I’m just not as bad as she thinks I am. My mouth tends to get me in trouble.”

“I doubt that.” Dan muttered sarcastically. I pout slightly, “What?” He rolls his eyes. “I’ve known you for an hour and a half, and you seem like a total smart arse.” A grin stretched across my face as I throw my arm around his shoulders. “You haven’t even seen half of it Danny boy. You haven’t even seen half of it.”

The rest of hour was spent cracking witty jokes and pissing ourselves. That’s the way to spend a lesson. “Well, I’ll see you tomorrow Josh.” Dan told me as we walk out of Mr. What’s-his-name’s class I smile and wave at him-- calling down the hallway. “Don’t miss me too much Danny boy!” I saw him say his head in laughter. “I’ll try not too Joshy dear.”

“Hey Josh!” I turned around to find Sean looking happy as usual, with Gavin by his side. “Hey guys.” I greeted them nicely. “You want to hang with us?” Sean said all spaz like-- which I’ve come to know was just Sean. Gavin rolled his eyes. “Sean, you have detention with Watkins.” Sean scoffs, “I can get out if I want too. Plus, I’ll just make it up later.” He said to Gavin with a wink. I resisted the urge to raise an eyebrow. “Can’t I’m sorry, mum wants me home.” They both looked a bit sad, but what can you do? We said our goodbyes and I was on my way home.

Walking home was... fun. We didn’t live too far from the school that it killed me, but we didn’t live extremely close ether. “Mum! I’m home.” I called throughout the house, but no answer came. There was a note on the kitchen counter...

Josh

Me and your father went to visit Elissa at her school, but we should be back by the time you get off school. Stay safe.

Love, Mum.


I sigh, a woman of many words. They should be here soon though... wait, she probably thinks I get off school later. My eyes wander around the empty house, my eyes setting on my book bag. I walk over pulling out the book I found earlier, flipping to today's date..

Nov. 17th 2012.

The Fox and The Wolf.

You said you can't get to heaven unless you get high
But there's no word of hell on the way back down
You said it's now or never,
You only live once

Would you be so quick to walk over to my grave?
You said you'll never be younger than you are tonight
Now I've never felt weaker in all my life
You said it's only a one off, only a line
But now it's a circle, all of the time

Well, it's a one man cult and he's serving his line
It's a "Lust For Life" but it's a lifeless wine
He kissed her hand and then he found out her name,
It's Death and now he can't seem to wake

You can't run with the foxes and yet hunt with the wolf

Are you addicted?
Tell me the truth

I think I'm losing my mind

They say the poison's in the dos--


I furrowed my eyebrows, the word was cut off. Like the person who wrote this stopped writing in the middle of this. I just couldn’t get over it, this person... they have such a beautiful way of putting words together. Such a beautiful way of-- speaking if you will. But they sound so unbearably sad.. It gave me a soft ache in my chest. Dan said it looked like Oliver’s, but could he be so terribly depressed? He looked and acted like he was fine.

I slip the book in my back pocket, refraining myself from reading more. If it was his, I didn’t want to be all in his personal business. I’ve only known the guy a day. I sigh, I need some air. The sky is so beautiful here... it is bright blue, with light white fluffy clouds and it just seemed to go on for miles. “Are you new around here?”

My attention was pulled over to a brown haired blue eyed boy, fiddling with a camera. He looked oddly familiar... but I know I’ve never seen him before. “Yeah, Josh Franceschi.” I said, sticking out my hand. He took it, shaking it gently. “Tom Sykes.” He said with a slight smile and realization hit me, that’s why he looked familiar!

“You must be Oliver’s brother.” I said more to myself than him. Tom raised his eyebrow, “You know him?” I nodded. “Yeah, I met him in one of my lessons earlier. He’s older isn’t he?” Knowing what it I knew now it was obvious they were related. They looked extremely similar, except Tom had blue eyes and a slightly rounder face. Tom was was cute yeah, but not nearly as sexy cute as Oliver was.

“Yeah, only by a couple of years though.” I nodded. “Do you happen to know where he is?” He shrugged. “He went walking a couple of minutes ago, so he probably went to the park.” I nodded, I saw that park when we moved in a few weeks ago. I quietly thanked him and gave a quick goodbye which he returned with a see ya.

It wasn’t a long walk, it took about 5 minutes until I saw Oliver’s brown hair sitting on a park bench. “Hey! Oliver?” I shouted in his direction, mentally slapping myself. God, I sound too eager. He turned around and smiled. “Hi. It’s Oli.” I furrowed my eyebrows. “What?” His face went red slightly while he bit his lip. “Call me Oli.” I smirked, “Okay, Oli.” He smiled awkwardly. I took this as my cue to say something. “Say, weren’t you going to hang out with Dan and Chris after school?”

His large brown eyes widen. “Oh fuck. I forgot about that.” I laughed slightly at the look on his face, it was just too cute. “Won’t they be mad?” After looking conflicted for a few seconds he shrugged. “It’s not the first time I’ve forgotten.” A thought occurred to me. “Speaking of them, Dan told me this might be yours.” I fish out the book out of my pocket.

I swear I could see his eyes widen, but it was gone as soon as it came. Oli shooked his head... hmm, I must have imagine it. I sigh, putting it back in my pocket. “I’ll find out who it belongs to eventually.” He opened his mouth like he wanted to say something but no words came out. My eyes soften in concern, “Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just got a lot on my mind, I guess.” I set myself next to him on the bench. “What’s wrong? Sometimes people you don’t know give the best advice.” He thought about it for a second, before eventually giving in. “This girl-- Charlotte, she left me a note telling me she fancied me and to meet her on the soccer field after class... I don’t know... I feel like I did something wrong by not going.” A strange feeling rustled through my chest and I tried to ignore it. Of course he likes girls.

“Charlotte? The short, pretty blonde girl?” I asked hesitantly. He nodded, and I sighed.“Maybe you... fancied her and felt bad about not going.” The words burnt my tongue, but I smiled none the less. He just mumbled “I don’t know.” I grinned slightly, getting an idea. “You should come over and we could watch a movie or something... to get your mind off it.” A true smile lit up his face-- one that reached his eyes.

“Sure.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter update!! C:

Hope you guys like it!

Comment or Subcribe? :DD