Niall's Princess

Taking Off

We soon left the signing after a few hours of crouching on the floor. If it weren't for Tom and the band, I would have been so bored, I could have died, but meeting some of the fans was a nice experience. They where generally warm to me, some more hesitant than others, but they where charming all the same. Niall kept slipping his hand behind the table as if to check I was still there. In the end, I rested my head upon his knee, so that he'd know if I so much as breathed. With a sore neck and aching legs, we left the shopping centre in a jovial manner. Niall decided to take the car with Tom and I, rather than Liam and Zayn. He decided that he wanted to go to Nando's, and considering we were all starving, there were no hesitations. It was a nice meal, completed with plenty of laughter and conversation. We were certainly the loudest table in the restaurant, and I almost choked on my cheesecake when the entire restaurant fell silent as Harry shouted out 'Mammary!' as a dare from Tom. There were a few disapproving looks given, but as we were all enjoying ourselves, we couldn't have cared less (although Harry did turn an impressive shade of crimson).
'So, we're going over to New Zeland soon - something to do with the new album. Do you two want to come?' Zayn asked me and Tom.
'I can't. I've got my job, my parents' birthdays, finishing my degree. Really haven't got the time. It would be nice though,' Tom sighed.
'That's a shame,' Liam frowned. Out of all the boys, it seemed that Tom got along with Liam the best.
'Chloe?' Louis questioned.
'Well...' I wanted to go, but I didn't think I could. I hated aeroplanes. Ever since the 911 attacks, I'd hated them. I went on one when I was ten and was continuously fainting on it. I had heard of so many plane crashes and, when I was thirteen, my uncle died on an aeroplane. It didn't help that one of my favourite films (Final Destination) had an exploding plane in the first fifteen minutes of he film. I felt sick just thinking of getting on one. 'I don't think I can.'
'Why not?' Louis puzzled, but I looked down at my empty glass.
'Is this about the plane thing?' Niall whispered in my ear. I nodded very slightly. He squeezed me. 'Don't worry lads, if she can't go, she can't go.'
'Why can't you come?' Liam asked.
'It's just that...well, I -' I stammered, but was cut across by Zayn.
'There's no reason really is there?'
Damn him, I thought, and his skills to see when people are lying or not. Then again, there was a reason, just, I didn't want to make a fool of myself.
'There is! It's just that...'
'You can tell them. They won't laugh at you or anything. They'll understand,' Niall cooed. I took a breath. I hated being scared of planes. I loved going abroad, but it had always restricted me, and I'd always been embarrassed to tell anyone of it.
'I'm...scared of going on aeroplanes,' I muttered. 'From 911, to my first plane ride, to my uncle, to Final Destination - I hate them. I faint, I throw up...it's not pretty. I just hate them.'
'That's it? You could have just told us that in the first place!' Harry said.
'Really? You don't think it's stupid? Or laughable?' I asked, raising one eyebrow.
'I think it's laughable that you thought admitting you where scared of aeroplanes. Harry was scared of roller-coasters, I'm scared of water, Niall's scared of birds and for god's sake, Liam's scared of spoons!' Zayn pointed out. I grinned a little when he said this.
'You could come, sweetheart. I'd be next to you. I'd hold your hand and help you get to sleep. I think it would be pretty amazing if you came with us,' Niall said.
'Niall, I couldn't last a four hour flight, so I really don't think I could last a flight that takes the whole day! It's too long! I think I'd die from just vomiting by throwing up my entire stomach!' I fussed. Louis pulled a disgusted face as I said this. 'Sorry, Lou.'

The next three days where spent by replying to countless texts from the boys to get me on a plane to New Zeland with them. Niall tried dropping hints, but I looked at him in the severe way I can look at people, and he soon stopped. He didn't, however, stop the boys from blowing up my phone.
'Come to New Zeland!'
'Guess who's going to be there??? BRAD PITT! Okay, so maybe he won't but wouldn't it be awesome if he was??'
'Come with us! Niall wants his princess there! He misses cuddling people!'
'Niall wants you there!'

I did want to go, and by the time Niall had to leave for New Zeland, I sincerely regretted ever having a strange phobia. Niall and I stood, hand in hand, looking into each others eyes while saying goodbye.
'I'll be back in a few months. Don't miss me too much and I'll try not to harass you with texts. I'll do a Twitcam with one of the boys when we get there...and I'll give special mentions to you,' he smiled.
'Thanks, Nialler. I'm really sorry,' I sighed.
'What for?'
'I just - I feel like I'm letting you down! You're always wishing I could come away on tour with you and I never do because it's touring, but the one time you're not going on tour, I have to be a coward and not be able to even board a pissing plane!' I exasperated.
'You're not letting me down. You're not a coward. I know why you don't come away with us and it's not an excuse - it's a reason. Calm down. Just make sure that you watch the Twitcam tomorrow and tweet us so we know that you're watching.' I looked down at the floor in pure disappointment in myself. Niall lifted my chin up to face him and wrapped his arms around my waist. I placed my hands on his arms and he leant in and kissed me. Through closed eyes I could feel tears welling up at the thought of not seeing him for as long as he would be away. His lips where soft and his kiss was gentle. He held me securely. We broke apart and I flung my arms around his neck. I nestled my head into his chest and heard his heart beating. He hugged me tightly and placed his head over my shoulder. I closed my eyes to listen to his heart beat. I heard someone walk up behind Niall. I opened my eyes and looked who it was. It was Liam, and he had his hand on Niall's shoulder, silently telling him it was time to go.
'I love you,' Niall whispered and he kissed me on the cheek.
'I love you, too. I'll see you soon!' I called after him and he acknowledged me by waving. I stood and waited for the plane to take off.
'Bye, Niall,' I whispered, as I waved out of the window as the plane prepared to take flight.