Status: Active

The Protection of a God

What Happens at the Playground

The girl with the wide blue eyes stared back at Damien. He had just told her that his father was Hades. He had never told that to anyone in this world. He didn’t know why he told her. There was a voice in the back of his head that just told him that he should. This was the voice that he always listened to and it never steered him wrong. Not yet anyway.

To Devon it would seem like she was just was a girl who was in the wrong place at the wrong time, but he needed her help and somehow he knew that this was the way it was supposed to be. After all he was brought up believing in Fate. Hell, he had actually met the Fates when he turned sixteen.

"Your father is Hades? Like god of the Underworld and all that jazz?"

Devon seemed to not believe him. And why would she? Damien needed her help and right about now he would do anything to gain her trust and prove to her that what he was saying was true. Something was clawing at him, telling him that he needed her.

"I'm going to prove it to you, but we cannot do it here. It is out in the open and I have a feeling my father will be back,"

Damien was quick to hurry her away, knowing his father's fondness for blondes.

~~~~~~~

Damien and Devon had walked to a park about twenty minutes from where they had met.

Neither had said anything for the duration of the walk, but Damien kept looking at Devon. Making sure she was still there. He expected her to run, to get away from the psycho that had just told her that his father was the ruler of the Underworld, but she didn’t. Damien stopped at the line where the pavement turned into grass. Devon kept walking and sat on one of the three swings available at the playground.

"Well, do whatever you're going to do that will prove what you're saying. I don't know why I'm still here. For all I know you could be trying to kill me," Devon's face was calm and gave away no true emotion, but Damien could tell that she was at ease with him. Damien found her calmness odd considering they had just met and under such confusing circumstances. This girl, he thought, this girl is different.

Damien continued to stare at Devon. Not acknowledging that she just compared him to a murderer.
Devon must have seen his eyes change color, because she stopped swinging and was focused on him.

Damien's eyes felt like they were on fire, but that's probably because they were.

Damien knew what he looked like and it was sometimes hard to bear.
His eyes burned red and seemed to be their own little balls of fire.
His entire body had an orange glow that seemed to radiate from his heart.
The smell of sulfur filled the air, burning the pure oxygen away, Devon began to cough, but Damien didn’t stop.
He raised his left hand; his dominate hand, and held it out to Devon.
She looked at him with those wide blue eyes and he lost himself like he promised he would never do again.

His right hand shot out and black tendrils streamed from his palm. They floated through the air until they got to Devon. Oddly she didn't move away from them she just stayed focused on Damien. She stood frozen, her mouth slightly gaping and her eyes like saucers.

When they grabbed her and pulled her to him was when she screamed. The scream was what broke Damien's trance. It reminded him so much of what he had done before. It echoed in his mind. Scream after scream, ringing through his ears, yet Devon’s mouth was no longer open.

He dropped his hands. The tendrils disappeared and he dropped to his knees.
It was Devon's shrill screech that made him look up at her.

"THAT WAS THE COOLEST FREAKING THING I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE," She was smiling down at him.

Damien was happy that she thought so and wasn’t scared, but that was because she had no idea what really had just happened.

That he had almost killed her.

That he wanted to.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay I see I have some readers and subscribers...Thank you, but nobody had commented. Come on people give me something to work with... Okay well here it is: chapter two.

If you see that I screwed up anything just let me know.

As always Comment and Subscribe please and thank you

OH and the point of views are going to switch back and forth :)