Status: Active and updating until the story's finished!

Two Is Better Than One

Helpless and Alone

I sat there on the couch, looking at the door my best friend had just slammed behind him. I couldn't believe this. He was mad at me. Over a fucking girl. But...a beautiful girl. A really beautiful girl....NO, I can't do that. I can't even think about going out with her. My best friend likes her, and that automatically makes her off-limits. Yeah...yeah, it does.

I went to bed, wanting to forget about this awful night and get to the bottom of this tomorrow.

********************

I woke up the next morning to yelling outside my bedroom door. What the fuck?! I quickly jumped up from my bed, pulled on the boxers lying on the floor, and ran into the kitchen. Averi was cowering in a corner with a frightened expression on her tear-stained face, as Andy pointed his finger in her face and called her a worthless cunt. OMG?!?! How the hell could he do that?! I pulled him away from her and threw a struggling Andy against the wall, my hands tugging at the collar of his shirt.

"What the fuck do you want?" He questioned through clenched teeth. I had never seen him like this. Not even when he talks about the dicks from the Catholic school he attended as a kid. I hated to do this to my best friend. But I had to.

"I want you to get the fuck out of my house," I told him, pushing him up harder against the wall. His eyes showed the slightest bit of sadness for just a second, but then he pushed my hands off him and walked out the door. I looked after him with anger and despair that my best friend was acting so different. He was being a dick. I hoped in my heart that this was just a phase that would soon pass.

With thoughts lingering in my head, I turned back to a crying Averi. Poor girl. But...she was the one who caused all this. If she hadn't come into my life with her stuck-up little attitude, I wouldn't be fighting with my best friend right now! Madness flowed throughout my body, like adrenaline before a concert. Before even thinking about it, I got right up in her face and said, "I know what you are."

She looked up at me with those beautiful blue eyes, widened with shock, and said in a gasp of air, "What?"

"Averi Paris was a pornstar, who was so HOT she was once even accepted into the Playboy mansion and was an active Playboy bunny." She began to sob, but that didn't stop me. This adrenaline coursing violently through my veins felt so good, I couldn't stop. It was like a high.

"The girl who insists that Ashley Purdy is a man whore was once a dirty little whore herself, huh?" I asked her, alreading knowing the answer.

"No, no...I-I wasn't, d-don't say that," She sobbed out loud, trying to catch her breath. She held herself closely, looking down at her lap. Tears ran down her face nonstop. She couldn't catch her breath, and it was kind of scaring me. She was a mess. This poor girl....oh no. What the hell have I done? The high went away, and I realized how stupid I was being. I looked at her with new eyes, and saw a helpless girl crying, without anyone to help her. I had to.

"No, no, please don't cry," I said, taking her in my arms. She was cold and shaking. I rubbed her back, realizing there was nothing more to do than comfort her. I could do that. I could definitely do that.

******************

When she finally stopped crying and I had her calmed down, I brought her into my bedroom and layed her down on my bed. I lifted the covers up over her and tucked her in. She closed her eyes and her breathing slowed as she fell into a peaceful sleep. I walked out of the room, slowly and quietly shutting the door behind me. I smiled to myself, knowing there was a beautiful girl who needed my help.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've decided to change the plot of the story a little bit. It's all for the better(:

Thanks for reading!

Subscriptions, comments, and reccommendations are all greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!(: <333