Status: I love you Mathew Saunders.

Never Knew Love Until I Met Him

15. That cold room

I sat in a room with Mr. Arthur. I was the only one there. "Alright Nikki, You may listen to music while you are doing your final. But please turn airplane mode on." Mr. Arthur said. I nodded and did what i was told. I nodded and looked at him. "You may begin." Mr. Arthur said. I nodded, picked up my pencil and turned on piano music that could help me think.

~AN HOUR LATER~

Matt and Johnny were standing outside of Mr. Arthur's room waiting on me. I finished my test and stood up. I huffed and looked at Mr. Arthur. "Finished?" He asked. I nodded and handed him my test. "Alright then. Would you like me to grade it now?" He asked. I nodded.
"Johnny, Im thinking about giving Nikki something for our anniversary." Matt said.
"What bro?" He asked. Matt pulled out the ring box and he opened it, showing 2 hearts, with black diamonds in them. It was red on the outside, and black in the middle. Johnny's eyes looked like they were gonna pop out of his skull.
"WOW." Johnny said, loudly. Matt shushed him and then looked in the room.
I was standing there, waiting. Mr. Arthur smiled.
"Ms. Haner, 98." He said. I looked at him.
"Is that my test score?" I asked. Mr. Arthur nodded. I smiled and started jumping. I hugged and thanked Mr. Arthur. I ran out the door where matt was. I hugged him as I jumped on him. I smiled. "98!" I said happily. Matt smiled and hugged me.
"Thats great baby girl!" Matt said. I nodded.
"This means im graduating tomorrow!" I said. Matt's eyes got wide.
"So.. No more seeing you at school?" Matt said. I nodded my head no.
"No more notes in between classes?" Matt asked again. I nodded my head no once again. His smile had faded.
"If you will excuse me. Congratulations baby girl." Matt said, walking down the hallway. I was confused.
"Nikki, He loves the notes. And He's gonna miss you being here." Johnny said. I nodded my head. "I know. I just thought he would have been happier for me." I said, looking down. Johnny swallowed and then looked at me.
I sighed. "Well, Im gonna go home." I said. Johnny nodded. "Ok nik, Do you want me to drive?" He asked. I nodded my head no. "Im fine, I just need a place to think." I said. Johnny nodded and we went our separate ways. I walked out of the front door of the high school. I sighed as I sat in my SUV. Jimmy's car was gone. I knew he went home, so i decided to go to Shamrock liquors down the street and buy some booze.

~20 MINUTES LATER~

I came out of the liquor store and sighed. I then got back into my SUV and drove home.