Status: Comments help me update faster! :)

Give The Kids A Show!

A Little Bit of Confrontation

*Frank's P.O.V.*

"Frank you need to calm down." Ray was afraid people were staring
"No! I don't need a stupid job!" I hissed at my uncle.
"Frank your mother begged me to give you a job here. It'd kill her if you quit." Uncle Hank was my mother's brother and the owner of the sketchiest amusement park in Jersey.
"Then fire me." I whispered defiantly
"No. Your parents aren't paying your bills forever. You're working here, make the best of it." He glared at me before turning to the crowd of workers. "Can I have all of your attention please?" All of the 50 workers turned to face him. "Hey everyone. For all of you that don't know me I'm Hank Broderick, I'm the head boss here and I'm looking forward to another great season at Adventureland. We've got a lot of new managers this year. Introduce yourselves boys."

*Maggie's P.O.V.*

". . . Introduce yourselves boys." Hank looked back at the new guys and Faux-hawk rolled his eyes. As soon as they started introducing themselves Charlotte, Katie, and Audrey started whispering their ratings in my ears.
"Frank." Faux-hawk said angrily
"D- , good looking but he acts like a dick." Audrey whispered. She was pretty harsh with her ratings.
"4." Charlotte whispered. Our scale was from 1 to 10 with 1 being horrible and 10 being god-like.
"5, he shows potential." Katie was such an optimist.
"Mikey." Blondie gave a small wave and a shy smile.
"C. Good smile." Audrey whispered with a shrug.
"4.5" Charlotte whispered simply
"9. Dibs." Katie said and giggled a little
"Ray." Afro said with a wide grin
"C- not my type." Audrey whispered
"10. Dibs on that." Charlotte smiled
"5." Katie never took her eyes off Mikey.
"Gerard." The pale black haired one said with a sweet smile and a dorky wave.
"A+++, 12.5, Dibs, whatever. Me Gusta Gerard." Audrey whispered frantically and we all looked at her in shock from her outburst. Before Katie or Charlotte could rate Gerard, Hank spoke up again.
"Frank will be in charge of Kiddie One, Mikey will be in charge of ticket booths, Ray's in charge of Majors one, Gerard's in charge of Majors Two and. . . " He trailed off. "Where's Lori?"
"Ew." Audrey rolled her eyes at the mention of her name. Since day one Lori had something against me and Audrey. She had tried everything in her power to get us fired. She told Hank that I was flirting with customers. She made up complaints from 'customer' saying that Audrey was rude and hurt their children. Hank knew us well enough to know that we would never do those things so he brushed it off.
"Here! I'm here!" She sprinted up to join the rest of the managers.
"Nice of you to join us Miss De Santos." Hank said sarcastically and I heard Katie laugh. Half of Lori's brown streaked blonde hair was in a messy braid and she was frantically trying to braid the other half. The guys were looking at Hank like ' what the hell did we get ourselves into?!' Hank shrugged subtly and continued. "Anyway, Lori will be in charge of Kiddie Two. Now line up and I'll tell you where you'll be working for the day." He smiled as we got into a huge semi-organized line. I felt like I was in Hogwarts waiting to be sorted. As I got closer to the front of the line I looked at Katie, Charlotte, and Audrey who looked visibly nervous. I could tell what each of them were thinking.
"TicketBoothTicketBoothTicketBooth. . . ." I though Katie would bite her lower lip off
"MajorsOneMajorsOneMajorsOne. . . . " Charlotte looked like she could explode
"Anything but Kiddie Two, Majors Two would be nice. Or ticket booth , ticket booths are air conditioned, well, most of them are at least. . . . " Audrey's mind was a complex thing. I watched as Katie was put in Ticket Booth, Charlotte was sent to Kiddie One, and Audrey was sent to Majors Two. I stepped up and smiled at Hank.
"Hey Miss. Grumpy Gills! How was your off-season?" He asked cheerily
"Torturous. I couldn't wait to get back to work!" I said with mock enthusiasm and he laughed knowing how much of a lie it was. In my first season here I complained out loud a lot. Hank forgot my name so he just called me 'Miss. Grumpy Gills' and the nickname stuck. He flipped through his list of names. "Here we are, Maggie Dawson you are going to Kiddie One." He smiled as I walked over and joined Charlotte by Frank.
"Where am I going?" I asked with my voice completely polite. He looked at his clipboard for a half a second before looking up again.
"Teacups." He said with a glare. I turned and whispered to Charlotte as she walked up to him.
"Day one and I already don't like him." I hissed through clenched teeth. He sent her to Rock Wall which, luckily, was right next to Teacups. We all walked to the Kiddie One area and started up the rides as the gates opened.

***3 Hours Later***

"You're on break." Frank said coldly
"Whatever." I said and grabbed my bag. I turned to walk away but felt his hand on my shoulder that pulled me back to face him. It wasn't necessarily violent but it was strong enough that I stumbled back a few steps.
"Are you aware that I'm your manager and I can have you fired for insubordination?" He asked in a harsh whisper with his eyes narrowed. I took a step closer so that we were almost nose to nose.
"Are YOU aware that you just put your hands on me so I could have YOU fired for assault? Don't touch me." I sneered. He got closer so that his brown eyes were burning into mine. I didn't back down.
"Do it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh-fucking-Oh. Commentcommentcomment!! thanks so much for reading!!