Status: Comments help me update faster! :)

Give The Kids A Show!

No Idea How Right He Would Be

*Maggie's P.O.V.*

After Frank was sent in and sat back in one of the waiting room chairs. Hank told me to stay. The world had stopped spinning but I was still a little spacey. When Frank had walked in and closed the door I heard Hank's yelling. I couldn't hear Frank trying to defend himself but I heard him try to speak once only to have Hank cut him off. A couple seconds later the door to the office opened and Frank stepped out, looking like he definitely just got his ass handed to him. I looked up at him and his eyes were upset.
"How d'you feel?" He asked and his voice was kind of gentle.
"Been better, you?"
"Been better." He cracked a small smile before holding out a hand. "C'mon, I'm driving you home." He looked at me but I shook my head.
"You don't have t-"
"I want to. C'mon." He grabbed my hand and I stood. I felt all the blood rush to my head and had to to close my eyes and put a hand on his shoulder for a second. "Woah alright take it slow." He said and put his hand on my waist. I opened my eyes and we walked out to employee parking. On the walk to his white pick-up we passed James' Jeep.
"Shit, I should call him and let him know he doesn't have to pick me up." I grabbed my phone out of my back pocket and dialed him as I climbed into Frank's truck. After four rings he picked up.
" 'lo? " He sounded irritated.
"Hey, um, just wanted to let you know you don't have to drive me home."
"Why not?" Still aggrivated.
"I was a little dizzy so Hank had Audrey drive me home early." I glanced over at Frank to see him nod and the corners of his mouth twitch up as we as we pulled out of the lot.
"Okay whatever. I'm really busy I gotta go."
"Okay B-" He hung up before I finished the word. I sighed and closed the phone. That was our relationship recently. Short phone conversations and one word answers.
"You okay?" He reached over and grabbed a CD case off the middle console. I gave a weak nod. "Pick something." He held out to me. I flipped through it and grinned. It was an impressive collection. Soundgarden, Rage Against The Machine, Pearl Jam, and way more I'd never even heard of. I picked my favorite and put it in the player. The familiar chords came out of the speakers and he reached over and cranked it up. "Nevermind?" He smiled over at me. "You like Nirvana?" I smiled and nodded as the verse started.
"Load up on guns, bring your friends. It's fun to lose, and to pretend . . ." We finished the song as I directed him to my house. He turned it down as we pulled up out front.
"This is your house?" He asked and I nodded and felt a little ashamed looking at the small house. "I live over on Adrian." He said and I smiled. "4 Adrian Place." I opened the door.
"Thanks for the ride." I smiled again.
"Anytime." He nodded as I walked to the door and heard him pull away.
Fuck, I liked him.
Fuck, this wasn't going to turn out good.
____________________________________________________________________________________

***Sunday the next week***

*Frank's P.O.V.*

Spring break went wayyyy too fast, and too soon we were back in school. The week dragged on and everyday as usual I'd walk out of math and see James leaned against the lockers waiting to walk her to her next class. It made me sick to my stomach to watch him slump his arm on her shoulder and mess up her hair but I think it was just me trying to justify my jealousy. But still, I tried not to look at the way he'd grab at her arms and keep a hand at her back. It was disgusting. He was disgusting. But every day I'd hear him laugh and hear her let out a loud "ow!" and I'd look up to see her walking quickly away from him. He must have found it hysterical because by the looks of the dark bruises I saw in math that covered the backs of her arms, he was keeping it up. But everyday she'd smile and kiss him quickly before they kept walking.
The weekend was almost over and I could not wait for closing. I was walking through Kiddie One and I saw James walk in and walk up to Dawson. She smiled and put her arms around his neck before going up on tip-toes and kissing him quickly. He said something short and she nodded. My stomach tightened with jealousy as I saw him brush dark red hair behind her ear. He was in his waterpark uniform so I guessed they were closed for the day. I made my way over to them. Her eyes caught on me and widened for second before James turned and glared at me.
"There's no socializing." I said flat out, no sarcasm, no anger. I wasn't even trying to be an asshole, it was one of the rules of the park. Although I did enjoy being the one to throw him out. He stepped up and got in my face.
"So, what? Are you all high and mighty 'cause you got a clipboard, Iero?" He said my name with a sneer. Maggie looked at him, horrified. At least he was showing his true colors to her face.
"James, stop it. Leave." Dawson put an arm in between us . I wasn't going to do anything but it sure as hell looked like he would. "James go. Stop." She repeated a little more firm. He reached over her arms and shoved me hard. I stumbled back a little bit.
"Just because your uncle owns the place?" He shoved me again but I kept my arms at my side. If I did anything else to get noticed by Uncle Hank, he'd murder me. People were turning to look at what was happening with us. Dawson's walkie-talkie beeped.
"Maggie escort the boys to the office please?" My uncle's voice came over the radio. She responded to the call as we started walking to the office.

*Maggie's P.O.V.*

When we got to the waiting room Hank was standing talking to the owner of the waterpark, Tim. Hank called Frank into his office and Tim called James into his office on the other side of the hall. I paced and waited for one of them to come out.

*Frank's P.O.V.*

I waited for my uncle to flip out as he sat at his desk.
"Are you okay Frank?" He asked calmly and it threw me off for a second.
"Um, yeah I'm fine. Am I in trouble?" I asked and looked at him dumbly.
"No you aren't. I saw you didn't shove him back. Thank you for that." He nodded appreciatively. "So you're okay?" I nodded. "Alright you're free to go." I nodded again and walked out to see Dawson look up from her pacing and walk over quickly.
"I'm sorry Frank I'm sorry. I don't know what that was. I didn't tell him anything, I swear. Did he hurt you?" Her voice was high with worry. "Are you okay?" She asked but before I could answer, James stormed out of Tim's office.
"Let's go. We're leaving." He glared and stormed out, leaving her in stunned silence.
"I'm sorry, I-I should go." She shifted her weight nervously before putting her arms around me and hugging me.She pulled back with her arms still around my neck.
"You're alright, okay? Just be calm, be cool." I looked at her and she nodded. I leaned in without thinking and kissed her easily. She was tense at first but a second later she relaxed and leaned in. I rested my arms on her side and pulled her closer. She went up on tip-toes and tightened her arms around my neck. The silence was broken by James yelling from the front door downstairs.
"MAGGIE LET'S GO!!!" He screamed and we separated. She moved her arms from around my neck. I waited for a nervous expression to settle on her face. Instead, she put a hand over her lips to try to hide the bright smile that spread across her face. It also muffled the giddy giggle that managed to escape.
"What the fuck are we getting ourselves into?" She whispered and giggled almost silently. I couldn't help but laugh a little.
"I don't have a clue." I smiled.
"NOW MAGGIE!" James bellowed and she jumped and her smile fell.
"Shit." She almost looked afraid of him. "I- I have to go. He's mad." She bit at her lower lip. She pulled me into a short hug before smiling weakly and walking out. I stood there for a second before hearing a cough from the office doorway. I turned quickly to see Uncle Hank leaned on the doorframe with his eyebrows raised.
"Uh-oh." He said simply.
"How long have you been standing there?" I asked feeling my face get warm.
"Long enough. All I'm gonna say is be careful Frankie, he seems like he could do some damage."
He had no idea how right he was.
And I had no idea how right he would be.
♠ ♠ ♠
ahhh i'm so sorry it's been ages i had to put my laptop in for repairs and everything got all fucked up for a bit but thank you so so SO much to my commenters and new subscribers
Don't be a silent reader (even though if you're reading i already basically love you) but feel free to comment!!