Status: Finished.

You've Never Looked Better, And I've Never Looked Worse

Reasons

"Wha, what?" I asked. I felt as though my body was numb.

The unknown number from my phone.

My mind was racing with so many possibilities with how he could have got my number. Did he know? After a year why all of a sudden? Why when I'm finally around everyone again, why does he attempt to call me now?

I didn't realize it but I had been blankly staring at him as my mind raced with questions.

I smiled a little bit, letting him know I was still here, and still listening.

He let out a long sigh. "I know, I know, I'm married and I shouldn't have done that but, me talking to you lately about her, and there are these little things you do that remind me of her and, fuck." He rested his head in his hands.

"I thought you said she changed her number?" I questioned. At this point I couldn't feel my body. It felt as though my mind was disconnected from it.

"She did." He looked up at me. "I had Matt find it through his cousin who is in the FBI." My eyes widened.

"You did WHAT." My jaw hung open in disbelief.

"I know, I know, It was wrong but I NEED to talk to her. Just to hear her voice." He pulled at his hair in anger.

"Well, did she answer?" Playing stupid around Alex was becoming a second nature to me sometimes.

He shook his head. "Maybe she'll call back though, right? I mean it was 3am when I called." He sounded nervous.

"Alex. Do not dwell on her calling back. The way you tell me about her and about what happened. I don't think she will." He nodded lightly, I could tell that hurt him. I out reached my arms and he scooted over wrapping his arms around my shoulders.

"She was just, perfect. Like she was the definition of perfect." He played with his hands. "I lost her though."

"I don't mean to be a bitch, but you can't lose someone you never really had. You had Marissa."

"That's what kills me the most. I never had her."

"That's life Alex. I'm sorry." I said frowning a little bit.

"I appreciate your honesty." He fought for a smile to appear on his face.

"I'm here whenever you need me." I stood up from the couch, extending my arm to help him up. He took it and stood up.

"This isn't meant to come across as creepy or anything but you remind me exactly of Ember. Maybe that's whats driving me crazy to talk to her."
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, but I wanted to get this one out and not leave you guys hanging. :)

Feedback please<3 It would be appreciated to know you still care <3333.

I love you guys btw :)