Status: Finished on October 15th, 2013

Shattered Glass & Broken Hearts

Pretty soon, you'll have kids to feed.

Ronnie had no idea what she could be wanting to talk about, but he had a feeling it probably wasn’t a good talk that they were about to have. He was nervous about whether or not she was breaking up with him. He could see the stress all over her face every time he saw her. Was it too much for her to handle having her brother live with her as well as having a relationship with someone like himself?

“Not a bad talk,” she added after several moments, almost as though she could sense his unease about everything. “I’m just…I…”

He could tell that she was struggling to find the words, and it bothered him. Emily had never been one to be at a loss for words before, and it scared him that she was now.

“You should sit down,” she finally muttered under her breath as she touched the side of his face before she sat down on the couch, leaving enough space for him to sit next to her. He arched his eyebrow and then sat next to her.

“You know you can tell me anything, right?” He murmured softly as he grabbed her hand. He squeezed her fingers tightly before he kissed her cheek. “You know how much I love you, right?”

Emily felt her breath hitch in her throat as she nodded, moving so that she could wrap her arms around him tightly. Her hug felt almost desperate, like he she was craving him. It made him so sad to know that something had her this stressed out. Emily deserved so much better.

“I’m sorry, Ronnie,” she squeaked out as she touched his face lightly. “I never meant to hurt you.”

As soon as those words left her mouth, Ronnie’s body stiffened. She hadn’t said anything else tonight, so he was definitely assuming the worst. Had she cheated on him? Was there no love for him in her heart anymore?

“How did you hurt me, Emily?” He asked her softly before he squeezed her hand again, this time needing reassurance that she hadn’t done something that he couldn’t forgive. She gave him a weak smile and then pushed her hair out of her eyes as she looked straight into his eyes.

“I love you,” she murmured finally. “I didn’t mean for this to happen, Ronnie. I didn’t plan it. It just happened and now I’m so scared that I’m going to lose you.”

Her words were coming out in a voice that was barely a whisper now, and Ronnie felt even more discomfort because of it as he touched the side of her face when she slid closer to him. He arched his eyebrow when she placed three white plastic sticks in his free hand.

At first, he was confused and had no idea what they were. He looked down at them, blinking for a few moments before he arched his eyebrow when he saw that they were pregnancy tests. He was about to ask her what the hell she’d handed them to him for before his eyes widened when he saw three different pink lines staring up at him.

He wasn’t a genius or anything, but when it came to pregnancy tests he was pretty sure what blue and pink meant. His eyes widened and he lifted his gaze back up to her.

“Is this—”

“I’ve got more that the girls gave me,” she mumbled, tears forming in the corners of her eyes. “Ronnie, I’m so sorry. I didn’t know if you were planning on this happening now or if—”

He cut her off by pressing his lips against hers in a heated kiss, his arms pulling her up into his lap. He couldn’t believe it. He was going to be a father. It hadn’t been something he’d planned on having happen for a long time because of all the stress that had been in her life lately, but it was something he had always known he’d wanted.

After all, he was a firm believer that he and Emily were meant to be together. If they weren’t, he wouldn’t be with her now and he knew that for a fact.

“Baby, why are you crying?” He finally whispered into her neck as he tilted her chin up so that she was looking at him, a frown on his face as he kissed the corner of her lips. “I love you. This doesn’t change the fact that I love you.”

She whimpered and bit down on her bottom lip, looking up at him. It was obvious to him that she didn’t believe him. He couldn’t believe she had been so scared of his reaction to this. He touched the side of her face and then kissed her again.

“I would never hate you over something like this. I would never abandon you over something like a pregnancy, Emily. I love you and I will never stop loving you. This just makes it so much better, babe. We’re gonna have a family.”

He kissed the corner of her lips again and then let her rest her head on his chest. He loved her so much and he’d never stop trying to prove it. He’d fucked up once when it came to their relationship, but he wasn’t going to do that gain. She was his for the rest of his life, and a baby would never change that fact.

He wasn’t going to lie and say he wasn’t scared, because he was. The prospect of being a parent scared the shit out of him. But he also knew that this wouldn’t have happened if they weren’t really ready for it. They were meant to be together and he’d always known he wanted a family with her. It was coming sooner than he’d planned, but that was fine because as long as he had her, nothing else really mattered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, guys. This is the author here. :) I'm just letting you know that this is the last chapter for Shattered Glass and Broken Hearts. There may be a sequel written eventually, but it won't be until next year.