Status: I have been editting but I'm not completely good at it so if you find any mistakes, please point them out, thank you :)

Station De Coeur

Chapter One 2

After a twenty minutes drive through heavy traffic, I finally made it home and was making my way towards the apartment which had cost my aunt quite a lot. Before she had become a drunk after being cheated on by her long-term boyfriend, she was a great Author and Architect but things had been quiet for a while since all she did was party.

Opposite the front door was the double doors to the living room; I turned left and followed the corridor in a L shape, passing the kitchen, separate bathroom, Aunt’s quiet bedroom, and made my way to the second largest room. When I first moved into the apartment, I couldn't get used to having a whole wall of windows but eventually I got used to it, having my curtains closed most of the time.

My bedroom was mostly large with En Suite which was beside the door; a bed facing towards the windows, the covers were black as were the walls, and there were scattered teddies from my child hood lying on top of my double bed and on the floor; my large chest of draws and closet was by the far wall with a book shelf up against the window which was filled with Manga, sci-fi books, films, and travel guides and dictionaries for many countries around the world I wanted to visit; and then around the corner from the little indent where the door and the bathroom was my desk with many drawings pinned to the wall and my lap top which was covered by my paper work.

After dumping my bag on my messy bed, I made my way back to the living room where Aunt was sat on the sofa with a colleague, discussing confusing things about building layouts.

“Oh, hey, Maxxi. The phone is there.”

I picked up the phone and walked out, and entered the kitchen as I pressed onto the voice message: Hey, Arabelle, this is your sister, Jacklyn. I just thought I’d send you a message saying that I know you have my daughter, Maxxi, and if you thought any better, you would hand her back to us. We’ll be visiting o the 30th May… bye

My hand crushed the bread that I held and I threw it down on the counter. Couldn’t they just leave me alone? I gave them a valid reason for not wanting to know they existed anymore and yet they still insisted on dragging me back into their control. I had a week to think of an excuse and right now I was out of ideas.

I made myself a chicken and salad sandwich from the leftover chicken from last night’s dinner, and went to sit in my room. I closed the door behind me and opened the curtains whilst taking a large bite out of my lunch. I then fell into my desk chair and closed my eyes for a minute, my head rolled back. I loved the smell of perfume that still lingered in my room, the gentle warmth from the beaming sun and silence which was too beautiful to be broken but I had to ruin it by switching on my laptop which gave a loud hum as it switched on.

On my Facebook, I had left Elliot in mid conversation this morning as I had to leave before I was too late for Uni. I read his last message: I’m gunna be in Westminster on the 30th May :3 xx. I had finally found my excuse. My parents had always been funny about Elliot but I really couldn’t care. I replied: Good! I’ll come meet you, I’ll bring Rhea with me as well xD xx