Status: Active<3

Nothing Will Last in This Life

Hospital

Courtney's POV

I was in a car with Johnny and Donna. Matt, Jimmy, and Cassie were following us in another one. We were headed to the Hospital. Johnny explained to me everything that happened to Zack, and I started to feel worried. Zack and I, weren't really close but, it would still hurt to see something happen to him. Donna filled me in that Brian blames Matt for it. Matt probably feels like shit.

Once we arrived at the local hospital, Johnny parked in a space, and we all rushed into the Hospital. Matt went up to the desk and explained the situation. Before the lady could respond, a voice interrupted her. "They took him in the back to get checked out." We all turned to see Brian.

We followed him into a waiting room. Brian sat down in a chair, Donna sat right next to him, and Johnny sat on the other side of him. Jimmy sat next to Brian, and Matt and Cassie sat across from them. I decided just to sit next to Donna. Brian ran his hand down his face and sighed. "They told me the Doctor would come talk to me, as soon as he looked Zack over." Donna grabbed Brian's hand for support.

Everyone was still pretty shook up by this so, no one really said anything. Jimmy nudged Brian, "Did you call Kylie?" Brian nodded. "Yeah, she's on her way." I frowned, trying to think of who Kylie was. I looked at Donna and she mouthed the word 'girlfriend'. I nodded, now understanding.

Brian sent a glare in Matt's direction. "You better hope he's alright."

That made Matt raise to his feet, "This isn't my fucking fault, Brian! I didn't know he was going to get into a fight! We don't even know what happened so, calm the fuck down!"

"You said there was a guy messing with him! You know Zack isn't going to fucking walk away like that! You knew he was going to get into a fight but, you just kept walking, didn't ya?!" Brian sneered at him, while standing to his feet.

Matt took a step closer to Brian. "I didn't know he would have his buddies jump him! Stop blaming me for this! We all know you're only blaming me because, you wish you were there to help him, instead of shoving your tongue down her throat!" He gestured to Donna.

Brian lunged at Matt but, Jimmy held him back. Johnny grabbed onto Matt to make sure he wouldn't try anything. Jimmy was livid. "Do you fucking hear you guys?! Zack is knocked-out in a hospital bed, and getting poked at by Doctors while you guys are fucking arguing! He would beat both of your asses right now, if he knew what was going on! You guys need to grow up!"

Matt escaped Johnny's hold, "I'm outta here." He was about to leave the room but, Cassie grabbed a hold of his arm, "Baby, wait." I mentally cringed, and Matt shook her off. "I want to be alone." With that, he walked out of the room. She sat back down on a chair, looking at the floor bored out of her mind. Brian was now sitting back in his seat next to Donna.

She was saying comforting things to him, and Johnny looked concentrated. As did, Jimmy. They were probably hoping Zack was going to be okay. Even though, I wasn't very close with Zack, I knew that he was a fighter, he wouldn't let this keep him down.

I sat there waiting for some news, and I was getting very antsy. I can't sit in one spot for a long period of time. I looked over at Donna who had Brian's head on her shoulder. It made me smile in 'Aw'. They would be so cute together, and Brian would be so good for her.

Donna eyed me confused, and I shook my head. I mouthed the word 'bathroom' to her, and she nodded. I got up from my seat, and headed for the door. I passed Cassie who had the phone up to her ear, and was laughing. I just shook my head in disbelief as I walked out of the waiting room. I decided to head down to the Cafeteria and get a coffee or something.

I ended up getting a hot chocolate, and went into the line and paid for it. I walked into the dining area and found Matt sitting in a table in the far back. He had a coffee sitting in front of him, and had his head into his arms that were on the table. I felt really bad for him. I walked over to the table. "This seat taken?"

His head raised, and leaned back in his chair. "No." He said with a sigh. I sat in the chair across from him, and took a sip of my hot chocolate. Matt looked at me, hopeful. "Did they hear anything on Zack?" I shook my head while looking down at my cup.

Matt sighed, "I really hope he's okay."

"I'm sure he will be." I said, trying to give him hope.

He then, eyed me carefully. "You don't think this is my fault, do you?"

I took a deep breath and exhaled. "I don't think this is anybody's fault. I think it was just a freak accident. I mean, like you said, you had no clue they were going to jump him."

"I wish Brian would think that." Matt said, while taking a sip of his Coffee.

That made me shrug, "He's just concerned about his friend. He had no right to accuse you of that but, he's trying to find someone to blame for it." I took a sip of my hot chocolate.

Matt nodded, "I don't know what's going to happen, if Zack isn't okay." He said, truthfully.

I shook my head, "Matt, don't think like that. You gotta think positive, or you're going to drive yourself insane thinking 'what if?'." He sighed, and nodded. "You're right. Zack's going to be okay, he's one tough son of a bitch." Matt said, while forming a smile on his lips.

That made me smile, "There you go."

He started to chuckle, and I frowned. "What?"

"I'm just thinking of the time, Zack and I got into our first fight with 2 jocks in High School." Matt said while smiling. I chuckled at that, "Did you guys win?"

Matt, who was still smiling, shook his head. "Nope. We got our asses kicked but, the funny part was, once the jocks walked away, Zack and I were lying on the ground. I looked over at Zack and he had blood gushing from his nose but, he had the biggest grin on his face. I asked him why he was smiling, and he said 'I just got in my first fight and I didn't die!'."

I started to laugh, "I could totally picture that."

"He was all giddy, once we got to his house, his Mother started freaking out at the blood but, he assured her that he was fine because, he wasn't dead." Matt explained while chuckling.

That made me smile, "How old were you guys?"

Matt took a sip of his coffee, "15, we just got into High School." I nodded, now understanding why they got their asses kicked because, they were so young. I took another sip of my hot chocolate and Matt eyed me curiously. "What kind of coffee do you drink?"

"It's hot chocolate." I confessed, while shrugging innocently.

He smirked, while showing off his dimples. "Mine too." He popped the lid off of his cup to show me the light brown drink, that was identical to mine. I smiled, while letting a small chuckle escape my lips. "Another thing we have in common."

Matt gazed into my eyes, and I could feel my heart beating faster. I watched his hand reach out for my hand. Once his hand grabbed hold of mine, I felt a blush forming on my cheeks. He started to smile. "Thanks for talking with me, it helped a lot."

I felt my heart sink a little, thinking he was going to say something else but, I forced a smile onto my lips. "No problem, you needed it." Matt rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb gently. "If you ever need to talk, I'm here. Anything you need to say or talk about, you can tell me."

Not everything.

"Same goes for you." I said, while nodding.

Just as he was going to say something else, we heard. "There you guys are!" I pulled my hand out of Matt's grip and saw Johnny rushing over to us. Matt frowned, "What's wrong, dude?"

Johnny smiled, "Zack's awake! He's okay, too. Just has a concussion, cuts and scratches. Oh, and he has a really bad black eye, too. Jimmy told him everything about you and Brian. He wants to talk to you." Matt nodded, and we followed Johnny to Zack's room.

Once we entered, I saw Zack in a white hospital gown, lying in the bed. Brian and Donna were leaning up against the wall, Cassie was sitting in a chair in the corner glued to her phone, and Jimmy was sitting on Zack's bed.

Matt forced a smile, "Hey, how are you doing, champ?"

Zack rolled his eyes, "Shut up." He then looked at everyone else, "Can I have a minute with Matt, alone?" We all exited the room, and leaned up against the hallway. Donna nudged me, "Where did you go?" She asked quietly so, I was the only one that could hear her.

I shook my head, "No where." I could tell her everything later, not now. She seemed to noticed, and turned her attention back to Brian.

"Where's Zack?" I turned to see a girl my age, running at us with red hair. Brian noticed her, and gestured to the door. "In here but, he's talking to Matt." The girl didn't care, "Fuck Sanders, I want to see my Baby!" She barged into the room, and I was now realizing she was Kylie.

Matt walked out, and chuckled. "I've been kicked out."

They all chuckled, and the door opened again. "You guys can come back in." I heard Kylie's voice.

We all walked back in and, Kylie was sitting on the bed holding Zack's hand. He was getting agitated. "When can I leave this shit hole? I want to sleep in my bunk." He groaned.

Kylie rolled her eyes, "Your bunk is a shit hole."

"No it isn't." Zack protested.

She eyed him, while smirking. "Oh, I'm sure it's got candy wrappers everywhere in it, and has like 3 playboy magazines in it."

Brian started laughing, "Boy, she's got you pegged."

Zack scoffed, "Only 2."

We all started laughing, and Brian looked at Zack. "We're going to head outta of here. Ky, you going to drive him back to the bus?" He asked Kylie, and she nodded. "Yeah, you fuckers can leave, I got Baker under control."

We all headed to the door but, Zack stopped us. "Don't leave me alone with her." He said, jokingly. That made us all laugh, and we continued to leave.

Donna's POV

Once we got to the cars, Brian convinced everyone to go into the other car, so we could be alone. I started to get curious to why he wanted to be alone with me. The others agreed and got into the car. I got into the passenger side, and Brian got into the driver's side.

He didn't start the car up, he just looked down at the steering wheel.

"You, okay?" I asked him, worriedly. I wasn't sure what was going on with him.

Brian turned his head so, that he could gaze into my eyes. "I need to tell you something."

I bit my lip, kind of already knowing what he was going to say. I shook my head, for some reason I didn't want to hear him say it. Brian noticed, "What's wrong?" He asked cautiously.

"Nothing. It's just been a long day. Could it wait till tomorrow?" I asked, not trying to sound mean.

Brian let out a sigh, "If that's what you want."

"Yeah, that's what I want." No, it's not! I was screaming in my head. He started the car, and put it in reverse. We drove back to the bus in silence, and I felt really bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, Zacky is okay! Yay! :) What's going on with Donna, now? Let me hear some thoughts!

By the way, I posted Donna, Courtney, Cassie, and Kylie in the characters page. Be sure to check it out, if you want to know what they look like. ;)

Thanks to the following people who left comments on the previous chapter:
A7xMeredith15
shantal.jayy
xBurningRainbowsx
JulietCa7x
BlueEyedAngel2
Kolbyelizabeth
amabie.
A7X-PapaRoachLvr
AshlynnTheRevLover
JustThinking
Star Angel
AvengedFanfoREVer
sawii
-13 comments on one chapter? Wow, thank you! I fucking love you guys! ♥

Shout out to my best friend: A7xMeredith15

You guys should check out her stories, they're pretty sweet! (;