Status: This is a draft i am currently rewriting because it is super badly written. I'm talking seventh grader written. but if you enjoy, great, glad to hear it :)

Gloom DRAFT (Cringey 7th grade story)

Chapter 14, Arrow

CHAPTER 14

“Xera!!!” Alex screamed out as Ix stared shockingly at Xera’s body falling to the ground.
Ix stares up at the shadow in the sky while Alex tries to help his sister putting her head on his knees checking her. Xera stares with wide mad eyes at her brother. Not moving nor breathing with a black arrow near her ribcage. Alex didn’t realize what to do being still in the state of shock. Ix stood up as the silhouette descended closer to them. His eyes widen at the sight. It is hooded in a shadowed cloak hiding everything. But he could see the wings black as night, raven like wings.

“Who are you?” Ix questioned the being.
It did not answer. Ix glared. The being began to grab another arrow and point her bow at Ix Slowly. Ix stood still gazing. The being was very focused. It would not miss this shot. But before it could shoot, It got shot. The being turned surprised at it’s damage wing and Alex pointing the gun at it with Xera on his knees. He shakes with angry tears in his eyes.

“I….Hate you monsters!!” He sobbed with hating anger.

“Xera!”Called out a voice in the distance. Doohm ran up to her grabbing her from Alex. The others appeared running in behind him.

“Ivory-“ Doohm yelled with Xera in his arms.
“Yes!” Ivory answered quickly as they laid her on the ground and they took the arrow out of Xera.

“How is it?” Doohm questioned.

“Shes lucky it hasn’t reached an instant fatal damage. I think we could heal it in time…” Ivory said with relief. But then he paused noticing the tip of the arrow had a sort of…slime on it… “Doohm…”

“Yes?”

Ivory pointed at the tip of the arrow.

“Its…”

Doohm’s eyes widened.
“Poison?!”

Ivory nodded.

“Calm down. I’ll see that I can take it out…But for now don’t move her at all or it could spread…”

Doohm whispered hoping helplessly. “Please hurry…”

The being descends landing violently in the distance.
Ix glanced at Xera, surrounded by her friends and glanced at the shadow of the being fleeing. Ix followed it quickly with anger. Ry noticed Ix going into the forest. He followed his brother.

Ix ran quickly to hear light panting of pain. He silently looked around curiously to find the being on its knees, hands full of blood and a light crying sound. Ix was surprised to see how small the being was up close. He came closer silently prowling. The being quickly noticed him and got startled. But before it could do anything, Ix pushed it unto the ground taking off the cloak’s hood to see what type of being this actually was. The being resisted quite a lot trying to run off but then froze once Ix took off the hood. I’xs eyes widen in shock.

It was a little girl with the appearance of about 7 or 8 years of age. Still having such a young face but an odd one. The girl had literally red hair, general red. Mid length but long for her age, her skin was pale like blue, dead looking almost. And her lips were dark green and trembling at the sight of Ix. Her eyes were very big, a little dark around them but not so much, very green eyes that suit her well. Ix froze at the sight of this little girl shaking.

“ You…Shot Xera?” He questioned in confusion.

The little girl froze at his words.

“Let go of me please.” She ordered.
She tried to move away but Ix wouldn’t let go of her.

“Why?”

“That’s classified.” She responds.

“Where do you come from?” Ix asked.

“Will you stop with the interrogations? Where do you think I come from?”

“Certainly not here!” Ix yelled with a hush.

“Okay. Now let go of me.”
“Not until you tell me why you shot Xera.”

“I don’t know why I shot your little friend.” She growled.

“Little? Funny of you to say…”

The girl laid quiet but her eyes flashed into a glow of red. Ix didn’t fear it though.

“Who sent you?”

The girl wouldn’t answer.

“I said who sent you?” He yelled at the girl.

Her eyes flashed red again as she kicked Ix off of her. Grabbing her bow again and pointing it at him.

“Don’t move…” She warned stepping back.

Ix looked at the girl surprisingly and back at himself.

“Your…err…Pretty strong are you kid…?”

“Why do you even bother speak?” She sighed turning around putting her bow away.

Ix started to charge up to the girl again when she had her back turned. But she jumped around in the air and shot his arm with an arrow.

Ix glanced at his arm quietly.

“…Have you ever killed a vampire before?” He questioned.

The girl landed and continued to walk away.

Ix watched as she suddenly disappeared into thin air. Yet seeing bushes move in the distance. She was invisible. He looked back at the purple sky above him to notice two other silhouettes of wings flying away into the sky.

“What has Xera gotten herself into…” Ix mumbled staring upwards at the sky and its unnatural color.
Ix turned around knowing the girl is gone to see Ry leaning on a tree. Watching. Ix glanced quietly at Ry.
“You were awfully gentle. I wish I were that lucky.”
Ix walked back quietly with Ry following him. Once they returned they saw Xera twitching and shaking with her eyes wide opened. But it would seem her wound is being currently healed. Alex is leaning on the stone in the grass watching Ix sickened. And everyone else suddenly stares in disgust at him even more. Ix stood quiet trying to ignore and not to be bothered.

“…Did you find it?” Alex asked meaning about the being.

“…No.” Ix answered. “I ran after it but it disappeared very quickly. So in the end me and Ry didn’t find anything to do with it…”

Ry looked up at his brother in confusion. Why he’s leaving the information he found.
“But Ix you-“ Ry stuttered.

“How is she?” Ix interrupted.

Dera growled at Ix in response.
“Why should you care?”

Ix sighed.
“Oh yeah I guess this is my fault again…”

Everyone Ignored him.

“This was a terrible Idea…” Doohm whispered staring at Xera. “We brought her so many troubles…”

“Well we know her power don’t we?” Ry pointed out.

Doohm shook his head.

“No…Well…yea…But there was something else in the mirror she must’ve seen that we couldn’t…”

“Well we know enough!” Ix said. “Didn’t we see Gloom there?”

They all began to recall the view.

“Yes that is intriguing…” Ivory mentioned. “She must have a connection to Gloom…”

Ry looked confused. He was about to ask what is “Gloom” but got interrupted by a loud crash of thunder. Another coming storm. They sighed.

“Lets go back to the vault.” Ivory suggested.

They nodded. Doohm began to carry Xera, who was quietly watching but not reacting.
They began to search for their shelter.

***

Once arrived Ry and Ivory set up a small fire on the second floor of the vault. Doohm noticed Xera fell asleep in his arms. So he put her in bed quietly and sat next to the fire with everyone. Except for Ix who was standing at a window quietly staring at the hard rain and storm outside. The sky is dark again as it lost most of its unnatural colors of the day with the darkness of night.

“Whats he doing?” Doohm whispered.

They all glanced quietly at Ix’s odd behavior.

“I Didn’t see him look at Xera at all in the last hour…” Dera whispered.

Ivory gleamed quietly at his master.
“How odd…” He mumbled.

Alex stared disgusted at Ix. But then sighed looking back at Xera. There was another silence in the room. Ry took this moment to ask them.

“What is Gloom?”

They stared quietly. Doohm spoke out.

“Gloom is a fictional place…more like myth. Its supposed to be a world where…people like us would originate from. Its said to be a scary place. And it doesn’t really have a name since it has so many…So some just call it gloom.”

“Where is it?”

“Nobody knows.” Dera answered. “Its typically nowhere yet some are said to actually know the way…”

“How can Xera be connected to it then?” Alex asked.

“Who knows…” Doohm shrugged.

Ry thought to himself.
“Does that mean the thing that fell from the sky came from there? The thing that shot Xera?”

Doohm thought quietly.
“Maybe…”

“Either way it’s gone now.” Alex re assured himself.

“It’s not gone…” Ry mumbled.

“Its somewhere out there then!” Dera spoke. “But whoever or whatever it is, Its out there in the storm. Probably searching for shelter.”

Ix kept looking out of the window searching quietly at the strikes of lightning. He then looked down sadly at himself. He sighed hearing the others speak: “Shh Xera’s sleeping!” Ix turned his head away from the window to see Xera wide awake starring blankly to the side as everyone believes those mad eyes are asleep. She truly doesn’t seem right in mind. Ix sighed silently walking outside. Everyone stared as he left. They then moved to the window to see Ix walking and as lightning strikes he disappeared at a different area and continues walking.

“I hope he gets struck by lightning….” Dera mumbled.