Status: This is a draft i am currently rewriting because it is super badly written. I'm talking seventh grader written. but if you enjoy, great, glad to hear it :)

Gloom DRAFT (Cringey 7th grade story)

Chapter 15 Mindplay

Chapter 15

Its been 5 days.
Now at Ix’s manor they try to bring Xera out of her state of shock. Sadly they are unsuccessful…Xera quietly sits in the corner of her bedroom staring into the distance. She hasn’t moved, sleeped, and refuses to eat the four days shes been here. As she sits still in the darkness of the room, you can tell shes fighting within her mind. Struggling to bring back as much sanity as she can. Sadly she is unsuccessful.

The others are discussing how to help her. As Ix blankly walks outside for no reasons. No matter what weather, lately he roams outside. The others have been questioning why this strange behavior, but they don’t want to know anymore.

After a while of walking through the forest wilds, he came back through the garden. Ix saw his fountain filled with water thanks to all the rain. He stares at the fountain and the moonlight. Hearing the rain Ix thinks to himself.

“Why do I keep walking out like this…”

Even he doesn’t know whats causing him to act this way. He continues to stare in the rain. Ix looks into his pocket watch. “Maybe I should head back in…”

He begins to walk back from the path and back into the manor until he hears a noise. He turns around at the bushes to see a rock and something moving slightly in the darkness. Ix prowled up and swept away the bushes to notice a small girl fast asleep with sickly eyes. It was the same one who shot Xera. His eyes widened at the sight. Ix didn’t know what to do. But automatically he kneeled down to her. Touching her forehead he notices shes slightly feverish. “What do I…”

* * * *

The door slams from a distance.

“Ix?” Ivory questioned.

“Ye-Yeah?”

Ivory paused by his masters bizarre response, suddenly hearing quick footsteps up the stairs and into Ix’s room.

“What’s up with him…” Dera mumbled.

Ix shut his door putting the little girl into bed and grabbing some liquids placing them into vials. After a few minutes he created medicine.
The girl’s eyes opened.

“…?” She starred quietly and sickly at Ix.
Ix came up to her with a spoon of syrup like medicine.

“Here.”

She stared quietly. Ix sighed.

“AH?” He motioned annoyed, feeling absolutely ridiculous.

She slowly rolled her eyes and opened her mouth for the medicine. Ix then walked away as she stared once more.

“Where’s my bow?” She coughed.

“Don’t expect me to tell you out of all people.” Ix replied

She moved her eyes away not being able to stop closing them, but re-opening them every 5 seconds.

“Sleep.” Ix recommended.

“Definetly not” She assured trying to keep her eyes open.

“Whats your name?” Ix asked.

“…”

“Wont you tell me?”

“My name is Xora.” She sighed. “And yours?”

Ix quietly turned away looking outside his window with his arms crossed.

“Hello…?”

“Its Ix.” Ix told her.

“You have a weird name.” Xora pointed out.

“Go to sleep Xora.” He mumbled.

“If you bite me Ill destroy you I swear…” She warned.

Ix turned back to Xora to see her fast asleep in his bed.

“Ok then…”

Ix walked out of his room letting her rest and went back downstairs.

“Ix are you alright?” Ivory asked.

“Of course!” He responded enthusiastically.
Dera and Ry returned from upstairs as well.

“She wont eat a thing!” Ry yelled tiredly.

Dera had a long drawn out sigh. “That girl scares me…”

Doohm looked away quietly while Alex frowned.

“Why don’t you just make her?” Ix snickered.

Alex nodded.
“If she keeps this up I think we have no choice now…”

“Lets do it then!” Ix cheered.

Doohm followed as they marched upstairs and opened Xera’s door. He stayed outside of the door. Alex tried to open the lights but Xera would yell every time he’d try.

“Xera why wont you eat?” Alex asked.

“I don’t want to….” She growled madly.

Alex and Ix walked closer to her, sitting in her corner. She didn’t move. Alex handed out a simple carrot.

“Cant you eat this?”

“I don’t want to.” She growled once more.

Ix stared a little irritated at Xera.
“You brat…”He mumbled.

Ix was about to grab Xera and make her eat but Xera reacted as quick as Ix did it and then threw him to the other side of the room. She then grabbed a chair and threw it at Alex who barely dodged it. She began to scream chasing them out of the room.

Doohm glanced curiously at them.

“No…Luck….” Alex huffed.

Ix looked at the time and went back to his room while alex moved downstairs with Doohm.

* * * * *

The night. Everyone is asleep. Except for Xera. She stares shaking in fear trying to return her sanity. Her Door opens.
Xera doesn’t look up. She tries to fight her mind. Fighting herself not to look so she wont have to attempt to hurt someone. She shakes, her eyes very dark from an incredible amount of lack of sleep. After fighting herself she looks up at the door from curiosity. Why its closed…Could she just be hallucinating again? She looks at the darkness in fear, leaning against the wall crouched in her corner. She feels as if the room is closing in on her. Her with no place to run…She is locked. Xera hides her head behind her knees making a crying sound to suddenly feel a hand lying upon her knees. She looks up with her mad eyes.

“Get…out…” She stutters angered.

“Never.” Doohm replied starring into her eyes. “You return to sanity now.” He ordered.

“Never.” She hissed.
Xera quickly raised a hand against Doohm, but he quickly caught her hand holding it he stared with a small smile to lean over and hold Xera in his arms.
She struggled but slowly started to calm down. He then stopped and stared some more at her reactions. He watched Xera act two-sidedly.

“Doohm…”She whispered sanely until she changed her tone into a threatening voice. “Your…MAD…”

“Xera…” He mumbled watching.

She stood quietly.

“Come back…”

“N…No….”

“Fight it.” Doohm tries encouraging her to snap out of it.

“I cant…” She cried. “I wont…” She growled.

She then looked up at Doohm staring…To have a fearfull look on her face. She suddenly dashed away hiding into another corner.

“Stay away from me!” She yelled hiding herself from Doohm. She seems to fear him.

Doohm stands up staring. He thinks to himself on why she could be hiding from him. He steps closer to her…the more he does the more she cries.

“Xera?”

She looked up at him with beady yet fearfull eyes. She almost seemed dazed. “Somethings wrong…” Doohm thought As Xera backed away.

“Someone…h…help….” She muttered. “Hes…here…”
Doohm kneeled closer to her as she stared in fear.

“Why wont you leave me alone?!” She cried hiding her head again.

Doohm stared.

“Why are you doing all this?!” She cried some more.

“Xera what could I possibly do to you?”

Xera suddenly showed her hand with the bandage over it. Doohm stared. “What does this me…” He freezes coldly. “oh no…”

Doohm understood everything as he tried getting closer. Xera wasn’t right at mind at all. She was seeing Doohm as someone she fears the most.

“Xera…Im not Xyver…”

“How the hell could I fall for that?!” She yelled.

“Because its me! Doohm!”

“Your resemblance doesn’t fool me!”

Resemblance?
Doohm shook coldly at her words. What resemblance? That struck a nerv somehow making Doohm lean yet fall over Xera. He couldn’t understand what was going on in her head.

“Xyver…” He mumbled as she froze.

Xera was trying to regain sanity as Doohm was trying to calm himself down.

“D…Doohm? She questioned having some fear. Doohm got back up from her.

“Please focus Xera…Come back…”

Xera was quietly fighting herself until she started to cry.

“Whats happening?!” She cried.

“What do you see?” He asked.

She didn’t answer she was struggling against herself even more.

“Xera…”

“I haven’t slept…She came…”

“Who?”

“Shes terrible…” Xera muttered.

Doohm stared.

“Shes been hurting me…for a long time…Now shes won…”

“She…wont win…” Doohm assured her.

“She already has…Shes killing me…and those I love…”
Xera turned away. “Stay away!” She warned.

Doohm figured by now Xera was speaking about herself.

“She wont win…She wont hurt you anymore…”

“She will…”

“Not while Im around…”

Doohm leaned closer putting his hands on her shoulders and kissed Xera. She seemed shocked but calmed.

“What is this…” She thought suddenly overruling her other side. Doohm then stopped kissing her as her eyes were left half opened and dazed.

“Im….Sorry…” Doohm muttered realizing what he just did.

“Doohm….” She got interrupted by his finger on her lips.

“Your going to sleep.”

“But-“

Doohm picked her up putting her in bed.

“No buts…”

He began to walk to the door, once he put his hand on the knob he turned to look at her and notice her eyes wide open fearfully and staring. She looked like a scared child peaking from her bedcovers. Doohm questioned her.

“What if she comes back…” She mumbles in fear.

Doohm brushed his hand behind his head. “She is seriously terrified of herself…” He thought.
He walked over next to her bed quietly pulling up a chair and sat there, waiting for her to go to sleep.

“Alright Ill be here.” He spoke. “Now rest.”

Xera stared at him while unconsciously falling asleep.

Doohm was in deep thought thinking oh how Xera spoke of a resemblance between him and Xyver. Could she really be serious? What if its true? He began to overthink. She did once mention Xyver wanting to kill him. But Doohm has never seen Xyver in his life…What could this all possibly mean?