Status: This is a draft i am currently rewriting because it is super badly written. I'm talking seventh grader written. but if you enjoy, great, glad to hear it :)

Gloom DRAFT (Cringey 7th grade story)

Chapter 2, Deception

Its 11:45 right now. I just awoke from a dream of that mysterious shadowy figure...Mixed with Ix. Could they be related somehow? No that guy was more emotionless unlike sweet full Ix. He has such a big heart and...hm?
I hear a noise from the entrance...the door opens? Is Alex or mom home...? Oh god whatever like i’d care about them right now. Im in bed and I’m tired. If they need me they have to wait till morning. I move my body to the side of my bed snuggling my pillow and closing my eyes.
Suddenly I feel a cold hand touching my elbow. I open my eyes in terror noticing my mirror first thing on my wall. Im just alone. Oh geez. I seriously thought there was someone there but its only me and my reflection...And my imagination. But in the mirror I saw my dark hair being moved away from my neck simply with nothing touching it...Is there a ghost in my room or something?!?!
I begin to sit up and look at my side shivering slowly. But then i notice...A MAN WITH SHARP FANGS HISSING AT ME WITH FEROCIOUS AND HUNGRY BLACK AND RED EYES. More specifically, I saw IX and he looked like a MONSTER smiling at me evilly.
I screamed in utter terror as he hit me off my bed.

“Didn't I tell you i preferred quiet prey?” He snickered.

I was so scared I didn't know what to say besides “get away”.

“So what do you think of my strategy? Find a cute, say, emotionally disturbed loner, make her think i’m a psychologist or something when i’m actually a vampire that can tell emotions just by being in your presence and then getting you to invite me in your home? You know, dig your own grave?” He said evilly and mockingly.

“You..You!!” I was still in state of shock.
Ix came closer to me slowly but fast enough that it was scary.

“Oh don't worry love, Its just a small bite, nothing overly done, think of it like a kiss on the neck but with two needles added...plus maybe you’ll survive!”
“N-NO!!” I said frustrated while crawling backwards while failing my attempt to get away thanks to the wall.

“Come now, don't be a pessimist,your sure to love this...but i’ll love it more.” he said while grabbing me so i cant run away and slowly bringing his teeth near my neck. I tried to push him away but he was as strong as stone.

“Xera, know the more calm you are the less it will hurt,thats the reason why you were supposed to be asleep. Now just let me bite...”He said with a whisper.

Nonononono this cant be happening...
I closed my eyes heavily breathing trying to calm down but i cant stop shaking in fear. But could this...maybe this could realize my wish....
....
....
....
At that moment the door slammed and the man in the hoodie appeared with a silver cross in his hand and moved it near Ix as Ix yelled and hissed he ran out and bats swarmed him as he left and disappeared. Just in time the hooded man saved me. And Ix was gone.
“Nice move, inviting a vampire to your house like he wouldn't return later for blood.” He said harshly with sarcasm.

I knew that voice...

I stood up and tried to take off the hood of his sweater to see his face but he grabbed my arm to stop me and did it himself.
He was...Handsome... Dark silky hair, one side hiding his eye, sort of mid length hair almost short.Vivid blue eyes a little pale but he didn't seem like..Ix...oh god vampires exist?! Well, if I’m not dreaming he's not a vampire even though he's a little pale...his face was so clear and his blue eyes just stood up so well, i almost got lost in them the type of eye with so much taint of one color if you look in them too much you get lost and eventually even dizzy. No matter how handsome he looked though he was very serious it sorta freaks you out...But i definitely know who it is! This is definitely the shadowy figure that stopped me the other day.

“You're...”I was speechless with all of this happening at ounce.

“We meet again.” He said still with his emotionless serious face eyes sort of widened it was scary.

Tears began to fill my eye’s.
“You...you saved me again!” I said with an unbalanced voice.
“Yes your welcome, well I need something in return from you” He said. “You live in the house where my friend got murdered...”

My eyes widened in confusion.
“What?”

“I’d like to speak with him. I need to summon him.” But I cant do it alone. Your going to help me.”he said.

This guy cannot be serious.

“You want me to help you err...summon...a dead guy...?! How do you expect to do that?!”

“Its called necromancy. And your helping me perform it.”

“No!Thats...Crazy!!!” I yelled trying to push him away but he caught that hand again and gave me the most terrifying look glare i’ve seen in my life so far.

“You will help me.” He said glaring deeply in my eyes squeezing my hand while i try to get him to let go before i get too dizzy.

“NO!” I screamed

He let go of my hand but then i noticed my hand was covered in blood. But i wasn't the one bleeding. He lowered down and began using some of his bleeding fingers on the ground to draw something like a circle but there was some type of symbol in it. He had a painful expression showing his suffering.

“Ugh. Please, I came all this way...” he muttered.

“Well...um...i mean...What am i supposed to do?!”

He reached in his bag and handed me some candles.

“Light these first.” He ordered.

My hands were trembling. Does he seriously want to summon a ghost? I wouldn't really believe it, but i did wake up next to a vampire so what am i supposed to doubt now?! I ran to the kitchen with the candles. Where is the lighter?? I looked through some drawers and found it. I hurry’d to grab it but accidentally cut my wrist with a knife in the making. He suddenly appeared behind me.
“Great your already at step 3. I guess I don't have to cut you myself.” He said with relief.
THIS GUY IS CRAZY!!!
He took the candles and lighted them and placed them at the corners of his symbol. And sat there. I felt awkward...standing there next to a crazy guy who thinks he can contact ghosts...but i sat next to him...

“Give me your hand.” He ordered again.

“Okay...” I said awkwardly.
He held my hand tightly and closed his eyes.
“Don't speak or think, just leave it to me.” He whispered and began to murmur all sorts of words all creepy-like.
Not to think anything?! How am I supposed to do that in this type of situation?! I was sort of freaking out, then he gave me a wide glare.

“Just. Stay. Calm.” He growled.

Well, I didn't have much to reply so i stood quietly hearing those odd words of his “ritual” he was doing...I began to close my eyes...Relaxing...and listening. He was sort of calling a name...

But then I felt weird...like not awkward weird or...weird but...it felt like just then i felt cold energy in myself. Almost uncontrollable. But i felt almost as if my mind was going blank...and i couldn't control myself.
There was...another voice in my head. But not mine.
I began to get so tired but another side of myself wasn't. And began to take control of my words and body...whats happening...I cant control myself....something else is.

The mysterious shadow man noticed my shaking hand in his palm and looked at me. But i couldn't react...
...Something else was.

“Oh god that isn't so fair Dev.” He said looking straight at me. But then another voice with other words came out of my mind.

“Don't anger me now. What is it you want? I’d hurry unless if you want me to break your friend here.” I said darkly with threatening anger.
But that wasn't me talking!!! And what?! Is this voice saying its going to break me?!

“I’d prefer to talk to your spirit in person instead of seeing you possess her like that.” he said.

Oh god thats it, i’m possessed...great.
I (BUT SO NOT ME!!!)
Began to lean closer to him so close our lips were near kissing. That sort of thing.My (of course not my) eyes began to stare him down i’d almost say he look awkwardly uncomfortable.

“Are you sure?” The voice made me whisper like Im flirting.
Oh my goodness.
He sort of froze staring at me uncomfortable-like by the awkwardness.

I (but still not me) Began to glare and I began to go unconscious as all the energy placed in me flowed away. Whatever was possessing me left me as I fell over the shadowy man half awake. He grabbed me with haste and gently left me on the floor. He stood up looking around him.

“For crying out loud Dev-lee its me! Doohm!” He yelled with fierce piercing anger.
A glowing shadow appeared shining a hazy light upon his face.

“Doohm? You are not Doohm for he lives in my world!” Said an echoey voice coming from the glowing shadow.

The boy or should I say Doohm shook his head with a sad look.

“I never died Dev, you've been deceived.”

The shadow became stronger and more vivid as if Doohm angered it.

“You lie. Doohm died and you are an impostor.” It growled.

Doohm kept fighting back.
“Dev, I swear I’m alive. You've been wronged. I came all this way, Just tell me the one that killed you what was his true name? I could avenge you and myself! help me!” He said with grief.

The shadow raged and raged making a huge ball of fire going closer and closer to Doohm. He stepped back with a fearful look gazing into the fire. He almost looked terrified.
I couldn't just lie here and watch! As he stepped back I stood up and ran in front of him starring at the fire roaring to my face.
There was an image in it. A roaring creature more terrifying then anything. It looked like a demon from hell itself.
Doohm yelled at me (even though i was before him and it hurt my ear.)

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” He yelled.

I spread my arms blocking the light from him
“Returning a favor!” I yelled back to him
The light and fire pounded me as i felt the fire burning my skin and it faded away as i fell to the ground as doohm yelled and kneeled to me with his hand under my head.
Everything quickly got blurry and the shadow faded to a spirit of a man watching Doohm’s guilt and grief appear.

“So it is you Doohm. You were always sentimental when someone gives their life for yours weren't you?”

And there it is, my last sight before death, Doohm crying on me and holding me like when we first met. And I close my eyes to open them in the next life....