Status: Active

Save My Heart

Four

-Part Two-


I slipped on my cowboy boots, not really concerned with what I was wearing. I didn't have anyone really to impress, I didn't want Taylor, or Erik or Jeff. I wanted Tyler and that was all.

"You ready?" Tyler poked his head into our room.

I nodded following him outside, the beach where the bonfire was happening wasn't to far from the hotel.

"You look pretty," Tyler smiled as smoke became visible. The sun setting over the water looked so beautiful that I thought I heard Tyler wrong.

"Thanks," I smiled back as we were greeted by Taylor.

"So glad you guys could make it," He hand hugged Tyler before throwing his arms around me. "Redneck much?" he teased.

I rolled my eyes, "That's me."

"Well you're the cutest redneck I've ever seen."

Tyler cleared his throat, a little louder than needed which caused Taylor and I to both look him a weird. But at the same time my heart did a small backflip in my chest.

"Jeff and Ryan are over here," Taylor led us over to where the other guys were standing.

I fell into easy conversation and hadn't realized Tyler walked away. I didn't know if it was because he was jealous or really didn't care.

Taylor took my hand, leading me towards the fire, which wasn't very big right now. A Luke Bryan song was blaring from the speakers.

"Are you going to dance with me?" He asked.

"Sure," I smiled, pulling him onto the dance floor. A sang the song to him which only caused him to smile and pull me closer. I searched over his shoulder for Tyler but I didn't see him.

"Wait one second," I found Jeff and Ryan, quickly pulling them along with me where Cam had joined Tyler. My Kinda Party by Jason Aldean came on and soon we were all dancing as I sang along. Jeff looked a little uncomfortable but I grabbed a hold of his hands, so he didn't have to feel like he was dancing along.

"Thank you," he mouthed to me as I had him spin me around.

That was when I saw Tyler. He was talking to a group of girls, some standing a little to close to him. He said something obviously really funny as the blonde one threw her head back in laughter.

I rolled my eyes, continuing to dance with Jeff. When the song came to an end we made our way over to the drinks. The sun was completely gone now as we took a seat around the fire.

"You're a great dancer," Ryan complimented shyly. Jeff nodded in agreement, his cheeks bright red.

"So are you guys!" I grinned back, squeezing Jeff's knee. "You guys don't understand how much fun I'm having."

Taylor wrapped his arm around my shoulders, "You're a fun girl."

"How is a girl like you single?" Cam asked. I shurgged. I knew the answer but I couldn't tell a group of guys this.

"Reasons," I shrugged.

"Like?" Taylor pushed, I had a feeling he had an idea.

I laid back in the sand, there weren't as many stars out here as there were at our spot back in Brampton. The guys laid back as well.

"Spill it girl," Ryan chuckled only causing all of us to laugh.

"Okay, okay," I sighed, "It's because I have feelings for my best friend but he never will feel the same."

"You're best friend, well wouldn't you think he would?" Jeff offered.

"Nope. He doesn't know, I don't know how to tell him and I'm probably just crazy."

"Except you're not," Cam said.

"Whose you're best friend?" Taylor smirked.

"Yeah," Ryan agreed.

"Tyler."

"Well the way he acts around you, I'm sure he has feelings for you," Taylor said, smiling.

"Doubt it. He is over there flirting with girls a lot prettier than me. And girls he doesn't see as a best friend."

"Shut that pretty little mouth of yours," Cam said, a little awkwardly. "You're beautiful."

All the guys nodded in agreement as I pulled my knees into my chest.

"We're going to go get something to eat, want anything?" Jeff asked.

"Bring me back whatever," I smiled and watched them disappear into the crowd of people. I couldn't believe I pretty much just poured my heart out to these guys.

"Listen, it's not like I'm afraid of getting my heart broken."

"I know," Taylor said. "But you have to tell him."

"I can't."

"Why not?"

I sighed. I didn't want to explain this to him. The fact that Tyler was leaving for Boston which meant we wouldn't be together. The fact that he is eighteen and going be playing in the NHL, where girls will throw themselves at him. Any guy would take that opportunity and I don't want him to have to lie to me.

It was just to complicated.

"I don't know."

Taylor sighed, wrapping his arms around me. I wanted to cry, I don't know why, but I fought every single tear off. There no reason to cry.

"Just talk to him," He squeezed me.

"Not until I know he feels the same."

I watched him, still talking to those girls as they tried to drag him onto the dancefloor. I wanted him to look over at me, hoping I would get some kind of reaction out of him but he wasn't noticing.

Something took over as I pulled away from him and making my way over to where Tyler was. Cam, Jeff and Ryan noticed as they stopped, staring at me.

"Excuse me," I pushed passed the blonde, nearly knocking her over in her five inch heels. Tyler looked a little shocked as I grabbed him by the hand.

"Riley, that was a little rude."

I scoffed, "You know whats a little rude, you not spending any time with me."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, nevermind." I let go of his hand, wanting to just disappear.

"Riley," Tyler tried to stop me but I started to run. I just wanted to run away and so I did. I ran back towards the hotel.

Not looking back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this isn't really good but thank ya'll for reading and commenting! :)