Status: Finished

Don't You Ever Forget About Me.

Chapter Twenty four - Everybody wants to be loved

It's been weeks and I'm doing alright. I had my up's and down's of course but since I made myself realize dwelling over something won't make it better or make it disappear, I've been good. I don't feel as horrible about everything and the biggest reason was when I saw Justin and we both could just smile to each other and actually talk as normal friends. You have no idea how much that meant to me, he didn't throw it in my face and he wasn't angry or upset about that night. Possibly he was but he never showed it to me or the guys, and I was happy he never did. Cause I don't think I could have been able to hold back my anger and sadness then. I'm not angry at him anymore for kissing that girl that night. I still don't know the story about that but it won't get better with me holding a grudge against him for something he couldn't take back or change. I'll ask him one day, when we're alone and I can really understand him and finally get that closure.

Right now I was sitting in my window looking out at the dead quiet street. Music was softly playing in the background so I wouldn't wake anybody up as I couldn't sleep even it was well over midnight. My head was too filled with thoughts tonight for me to even dare to close my eyes. Whenever I think this much I just gets freaky weird dreams or nightmares, nothing I like. Suddenly I heard my phone buzz from my nightstand. I stood up and walked three steps and then back to the window where I looked at the display.
"One new message from Justin Hills" I bit my lip and couldn't help the little sigh inside my head. I guess the feelings you have for someone you once thought you loved never goes away completely. And this night, I had spend a lot of time thinking just about him, us and why it just couldn't have worked. I closed my eyes for a few seconds and opened up the text as I could see again. I was honestly scared, and I didn't know why. But when someone texts you at four am it's usually for a very good reason, you always think of anything that's bothering you when you can't sleep.
"Phoenix. I don't actually know if you still have my number on your phone but if you don't, it's Justin. I don't really know why I'm texting you right now. I've just been thinking and I know I miss you. Maybe not as in a "we were a couple" miss you but I just miss spending time with you, you're still a good friend to me. And if you're awake right now, I'm asking you if you would like to drive somewhere? So we could just talk, spend time and maybe really get rid of all the questions between us after everything."
I sighed and put down my phone. I didn't know what I wanted, but I did miss him just as he had said he missed me. We got so close on a few weeks then we got together... I took up the phone and texted him back to pick me up in ten minutes. I got dressed in a pair of black jeans, a black t-shirt with a dark grey hoodie over. I slipped on my vans as I stood by the door with my phone in my backpocket. I pulled on a thin jacket as well since it was just a early spring night. I saw a pair of headlights coming down the street trough the window beside the door and grabbed my keys and sneaked out the house quickly.

Justin's point of view.

I was surprised she said yes. She's changed so much since I first met her. She used to be so careful and shy but now here she was walking towards my car at four am, clearly not allowed to for her aunt or Kellin. I couldn't hold back my smile as she sat in the car but she didn't notice. She was still one of the prettiest girls I've ever seen, even in just a hoodie and skinny jeans she was more beautiful than a model. She was so true and didn't even realize it. I drove down the street I've spend many hours on driving to and from Kellin's.
"I'm glad you came with. It would be boring alone" I said and the corners of her mouth moved up slightly but she struggled against it. It made me frown, she still wasn't happy around me. No wonders I hurt her so much, I wouldn't even look at me if I was her yet here she was. I turned on the radio and told Nix she could find a good station. She had always liked to do that when we drove and I noticed she did happily change to a station with soft acoustic music, her favorite when she thought a lot.
"I'm not here to make you happy Justin" she said and I nodded. I knew that, but I didn't know the reason she had said yes.
"Why did you come then?" I asked and she shrugged and bit her lip.
"I'm tired of running from what bothers me"
I pressed my lips together and felt guilty again. A large knot in my stomach started getting tighter and tighter.
"Am I just a bother for you?"
She shook her head and the knot loosened up a bit, but just a bit. What was I to her no days?
I didn't ask or talk for a few minutes, neither did she. We just sat and listened to the radio. Suddenly Nix gasped lightly making me chuckle a bit, she leaned to the radio and turned it up so it wasn't any background sound any more, this was full on blasting a song. She pulled her knees up to her chest, she knew I didn't bother for stains from shoes on the seats. I recognized the song but I didn't know it by name. I glanced over at Nix and I was confused over her expression. She was smiling, but she looked so sad, on the edge to tears. I couldn't understand the song fully, but it just fitted in so perfectly for my right now. I'm not over Nix, I never will be. I pulled in at a small road and stopped the car and I didn't care anymore. It was killing me to be this way. If she didn't want to, she would stop me, she would shout at me and make sure I drove her home right away. I more threw myself to her side of the car than leaned and pressed my lips to hers. I couldn't take it I just had to kiss her. I had missed her all these months. It had pained me Andy had been able to hold her and kiss her most of the time when she hated me. I was expecting a pair of tiny hands on my chest pushing me away but I was greeted with a kiss back. I didn't pull back, I pulled her closer and continued to kiss her. I love her.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I did not plan this chapter at all. I just wrote it as I felt it and can I say I love it. I don't know why, it's so confusing but sweet and yeah.

Please comment cause it makes me more exited to write plus I will know if you enjoy it and please give me advises on what you would want to happen next. So thank you all, I love you all for reading this stupid little story that I update horribly.

:)