Status: Hello there, this is still a work-in-progress

Hidden Hearts are Hard to Find

One

“Are we seriously going to fight about this over the phone? Charlie! Are you even listening to me?!”

Dia screamed and sighed heavily in frustration. She’d been talking my ears off for almost an hour already, giving me a sermon about moving again to someplace else. I’d decided to move for the third time this year. Staying in the same place for a very long time is kind of hard for me; maybe it’s because of the way I grew up. My parent—well, my Dad loved to move. He never stays for long, which is kind of why he sent me away when I turned 18. Okay, maybe enough about my history. It doesn’t really matter as of now. I’ve been living alone for almost three years; life’s been quite kind to me.

I snapped back to reality, cutting off my reminiscing. “Yeah, I’m listening.” I replied. Dia sighed again, before starting to carry on with her ranting. My mind wandered off again as she spoke faster this time, telling me about this flat she found at Orlando, Florida. It was far from where I’m at right now, but it really didn’t appeal to me. Georgia’s been good to me; it is most definitely nice place to live at. But I can’t stay here for too long—it’s…tiring.

“So what do you think?” She asked.

“Hmm…I guess it’s okay.”

“Okay?”

“Yeah, I don’t know—I just, I wanna move to somewhere further.” I answered her. She stayed silent for a while and I could feel her frustration at me rising. Of all the people I know, Dia’s by far the most protective person I know. She hated it when I moved, and she’ll probably never like that idea.

After what seemed like forever, she finally spoke. “Fine.” She sighed. “Where do you wanna move exactly?” I could sense the aggravation in her voice. It’s like she didn’t want to discuss this with me anymore.

“Look, Dia. If you don’t want to talk about this, then it’s totally fine.” I stated. But she only sighed again and told me to just get it done and over with.

“I wanna move to New York, Di.”

“WHAT?!” she literally yelled. I could feel her pacing back and forth inside her flat, thinking of the idea. “That’s a huge step Charlie, are you sure?” she asked.

I nodded. “Yes, I am. I’m sure I can manage.” I replied. After the discussion, I finally bid her goodbye and decided to hit the sack. It’s been a long day, at work and then now.

Finally, after a year and seven months, I’m going to move again. Truthfully, I had no idea what the future had prepared for me. Frankly, I couldn’t care less. Whatever it is that was waiting for me there, I’m pretty damn sure that I’m ready to take it.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one's pretty short for a starter. But hi, I promise this will get better. I promise.