Status: On a break...

Coffee Shop Soundtrack

PART 5

Tonight was the night. Jack and his friends were coming over to Hannah and Ashley's apartment, Hannah agreeing to cook dinner for everyone. To say she was panicking would be an understatement.

She was rushing around like a headless chicken, making sure the place was tidy and preparing the food. She wanted everything to be perfect, she really wanted to make a good impression.

Hannah looked at the clock that read 7pm. The guests would be arriving at 7.30pm.

"Keep an eye on the food in the oven, I'm going for a shower" she shouted to Ashley, who was laying on the sofa in the living room, engrossed in some fashion show.

Ashley mumbled her response as Hannah went to the shower.

She showered quickly, and put on the black dress that Ashley let her borrow. She dried her hair and applied her usual simple make-up, finishing with a spritz of perfume, the one she knew Jack liked.

Just as she finished, there was a loud knock at the door. She walked down the hall and glanced into the living room to see Ashley in the same position, showing no signs of moving. Sighing, she went to answer the door.

Jack was standing there, dressed in skinny jeans, a pale blue shirt and a thin black tie. Hannah smiled, thinking how handsome he looked. He was just as eager to impress her friend as she was his. The three boys stood behind him, in hushed conversation.

She led the four boys to the living room, where Ashley jumped off the couch turning off the TV quickly. This was clearly more interesting than the show that had been distracting her earlier. Jack stood beside Hannah, wrapping his arm around her waist ans pulling her close. He cleared his throat.

"Guys, this is Hannah, my girlfriend" he said with a grin.

Hannah felt the familiar fluttering in her stomach at the last word.

"Hannah, these are my three best friends, Alex, Rian and Zack" he stated, pointing to each boy respectively.

Hannah smiled at them.

"Ashley, this is Jack, my boyfriend"

The grin returned to Jacks face at the last word.

"Jack, this is my best friend Ashley"

"Finally" Ashley said, dramatically throwing her arms in the air.

"I thought I'd never get to meet you"

"We were thinking the same" Alex said.

The three boys moved towards Hannah, pulling her into a group hug.

"It's great to finally meet you" one of them said, she was unsure who as she was currently being squished by the three boys.

"Okay guys, take it easy" Jack laughed, pulling the boys off his girlfriend.

Hannah relaxed, happy that the introductions went well.

They talked for a moment before a piercing noise echoed through the apartment.

Ashley's face immediately dropped, looking scared. Hannah shot her a glare before rushing to the kitchen.

"ASHLEY!" she yelled, startling the group in the living room.

The kitchen was clouded with smoke. Hannah coughed as she went to the oven, pulling out the now blackened dish.

"I TOLD YOU TO KEEP AN EYE ON THIS" she yelled again, as the group entered the kitchen.

Ashley was apologizing as she rushed to open the windows, allowing the smoke to clear.

"I'm so sorry guys, dinner's ruined" Hannah said with disappointment, placing the dish on the counter with a thud. She was pissed with Ashley. The only thing she asked of her all day was to watch the food while she showered, and she couldn't even manage that. She had made a horrible first impression on Jack's friends, who would now probably want to leave.

Jack sensed her disappointment and rushed to her side.

"Hey, don't worry about it" he assured her, gently stroking her back.

"Yeah, none of us are great chefs" Rian spoke, "It looked like it would be good, whatever it was" he joked.

Hannah laughed at his attempt to lighten the situation.

"How about I order pizza" Ashley stated, looking at Hannah cautiously.

She smiled, "That would be great."

She couldn't stay mad at her forever, and she was happy that no one wanted to leave. They all gave her their orders and she disappeared into the hall. The three boys returned to the living room, leaving Jack and Hannah alone in the kitchen.

Hannah went to clear up the mess but Jack interrupted her.

"Leave that 'till later" he said, pulling her away from the counter and leaning down to place a kiss on her forehead.

"You're right, Ashley can clean it later" she smirked.

-

For the rest of the night, everything went smoothly. The cooking disaster was long forgotten as the group sat around the table eating pizza and drinking beer. Everyone was getting alone great, Hannah noticed her room mate had taken a particular liking to Alex.

As the night came to an end, the group moved out to the balcony. Hannah was sitting on Jack's lap, her head resting in the crook of his neck. Rian and Zack sat across from them. Ashley and Alex were in the corner. Ashley was drunk, causing her to get a bit 'handsey' with Alex, not that he was complaining.

"You guys make a cute couple" Rian said, breaking the silence.

Hannah blushed, as Jack twirled her hair idly.

"Now that we're all acquainted with each other, we should do this more often" Jack said.

"Some getting more acquainted than others" Zack smirked, gesturing over his shoulder to Ashley and Alex, who were now making out.

Hannah rose from Jacks lap.

"I think it's time to get her to bed."

Rian and Zack got up from their seats, calling Alex, to no avail. Eventually Rian grabbed an empty cup and threw it in their direction.

The pair broke apart, startled by the sudden interruption.

"Dude, kinda busy here" Alex said with annoyance.

"Dude, we gotta leave now" Rian said, mimicking Alex's tone.

Alex sighed and got up. Hannah went to help Ashley who was struggling to keep her balance.

"Thanks a lot dude" Alex said brushing past Rian.

Rian just rolled his eyes, mutterung 'you'll survive', before following him inside.

The rest of the group followed. Hannah dropped Ashley off in her bed, before coming back out to say goodbye to the boys.

"Thanks for having us" Rian said.

"Yeah, we had a great time" Zack added.

"We'll definitely be back" Alex said with a cheeky grin.

This earned him a smack on the back of the head from Rian, before pushing him out the door, leaving Jack and Hannah alone.

"You'r friends are great" she said to Jack.

"Told you there was nothing to worry about" he laughed.

"But seriously though, thanks for tonight. I know how much effort you went to, and even if it didn't go exactly as planned, it was still a great night and I appreciate it" he gently kissed her forehead, wrapping his arms around her.

They stood for a moment, neither wanting to break the embrace.

"Is she going to be okay" Jack said, gesturing down the hall, where Ashley was now passed out in her room.

"Oh she'll be fine" Hannah laughed, rolling her eyes.

"She has cleaning to do"

"Good, thanks again for tonight, I'll see you tomorrow" he said, pulling her close for a final kiss before leaving to catch up with the rest of the boys.

Hannah watched him walk down the hall, shutting the door when he was out of sight. The smile on her face grew. She was so happy that everything went well tonight, especially with the hiccup at the beginning.

The smile never left her face as she changed into her pj's, cleaned her face, brushed her teeth and got into bed.