Status: Active

'Till the End

Make-Up Just To Break-Up

Ronnie.

I sat near the shore of the lake on a fairly comfortable cushioned lawn chair watching my friends enjoy themselves on the jet skis. Jenn and Stina were lounging on beach towels in bikinis. I wanted to tell them that we were in the desert not the beach but it wouldn't have done me any good. I choose not to join the guys of course; it just didn't pique my interest. "You are always the buzz kill" Derek had complained about me when I declined his invitation. It was his idea. I had told him he was crazy because his foot was still healing. I saw Jacky throw a life vest on the ground as he stepped off the dock. He seemed rather frustrated which wasn't a typical Jacky mood. Out of a little concern but mostly boredom I got up and strolled over to my lead guitarist.

"Hey man, what's up?"

"Nothing" he grumbled, his expression told me otherwise. His furrowed brow caused intense creases on upon his forehead. I didn't believe what he said for a second. "So how are you and that one girl?" I asked

"Militia?" Jacky clarified, I nodded "We're friends, just friends" Jacky sighed. It was the second statement I didn't believe "What about you and Oli?"

perfect "Good"

"Where is she?"

"With the other women" I rolled my eyes. Truth be told the main reason I wasn't on a jet ski was because after I showered I wanted go back to her but when I walked outside I saw Olivia get in a car with some of her friends I just sat down.

"I'll talk to you later" Jacky said walking around me off in the direction of the female guesthouse. I wanted to tell him that the girls were gone but it was obvious he did not want to be bothered.
It was then I started feel particularly parched. I would've walked to the guy’s guesthouse but the main house was so much more conveniently closer.

Walking up the steps of the wooden patio I slid open the back door entering an impressively nice kitchen. I almost found it eerily strange that such an enormous house with so many servants that the kitchen was empty. Even more so as I heard my footsteps on what appeared to be marble flooring, especially since Toms aren't known for being loud footwear. It was the fact that the entire house was dead silent. I could barely hear the faint jovial voices and cries of my friends outside on and near the lake about 200 yards away.

Shrugging off the weird feeling, I opened the refrigerator, past all the aged wines, and expensive vodkas I found some pulp-free orange juice. I heavily considered drinking straight from the carton 'I'm not that thirsty, just a few sips. Besides this place is empty...' I thought rottenly with the carton a few centimeters away from lips 'no, its rude, I'm a guest. Just get a glass Ron' I moved the carton of OJ from my lips to over a wine glass, because they were the only thing handy at the time. Sipping the much-needed refreshment, my gaze wondered around really taking in how awesome the place was. The kitchen opened up to a living room like area. It was kind of like a foyer I suppose since the ceiling was ridiculously high. The marble floor stopped a light brown carpet started there were a few steps that lead down to the foyer and that's when my eyes landed on Nason, whom sat comfortably on the sectional couch.

"Thanks for not drinking from the carton." He said, "Can't tell you how many times I got busted for the same thing"

It was definitely a surprise seeing my old friend at the moment. I didn't jump, but I took a deep breath letting my chest rise and fall "How long have you been sitting there?" I asked

"Long enough," Nason said with a slight tone of boredom in his voice and eyes. "S'down." He gestured for the couch diagonal from him. I placed the half-empty wine glass on one of the glossy counter tops and sat on the edge of the seat. Nason stared at me with warm blank expression with the faintest smile on his lips. It was as if he was waiting for me to speak.

"Nason, listen," I began with a terrible start. I looked at my old dear friend. His expression hadn't changed much, still completely relaxed with one arm behind the seat pillow, but one of his eyebrows where slightly raised. At least he was interested in what I had to say. It was then I noticed how different he looked. His hair wasn't half blond half black anymore. In fact, it wasn't either of the two. It was dark brown, his natural color and it was cut short. He had a thick, well-groomed chinstrap of facial hair.

"I know it's probably stupid to bring up something that happen nearly a year ago. No, it isn't, I need say this," My throat got all thick with emotion. I swallowed hard. This conversation was definitely a long time coming. "I'm sorry, like, really sorry" there was no other way to put it. Nason look temporally confused but it faded quickly and the faint smile returned.

"I forgive you." He said simply. That's it?

"Just like that?" I accidently said with out the filter between my thoughts and actual words. Nason nodded "I mean we were best friends and I fucked up."

*Flash back*

A year ago, Orlando Florida


"I don't see what's the problem, Nasty" Ronnie growled, annoyed at his friend for bring up the problematic subject. "Olivia and I are just friends"

"Bull, fucking, shit! I'd appreciate if you stop treating me like an idiot, Ronnie. I'm not blind!"

"So what if me and Olivia have a thing for each other? Why don't you trust me?"

"First off, she's too young for you dude" Ronnie rolled his eyes and suppressed a chuckle "Two she's my fucking cousin for Christ sake find someone else! At least you could give me that much respect. You have the youngest jailbait to the oldest cougars falling at your feet, man. It's not that hard!"

"I think you should leave the band" Ronnie stated bluntly, altering the subject completely.

"What? You can't do this to me!" Nason snapped. His aggravated mood went to rage and confusion.

"Yes, I can actually" Ronnie smirked.

"Why?" Nason demanded to know.

"You're hindering the band. I believe it's in the best interest you leave for the greater good" Ronnie lied. His real reason was that he was tired if his friend telling him what to do. Nason was getting in the way of him loving his cousin. It was obvious there was no trying to get him to understand so to Ronnie this was the best option.

"Best for the band? I put this band together for you while you were in prison!"

"Yeah, thanks for that by the way" Ronnie said dismissively.

"What’s the real reason? If it's because of Oli, then remember she's
my cousin. If I go, so does she"

"Nason," Ronnie said in a warning tone

"I'm leaving tomorrow for Vegas and Olivia's coming with me" and with that Nason was out the
door


End of flashback

"I know. I forgive you. It's all in the past"

"You never told Olivia what I did to you. Why?"

"There was no need. Why would I try to make her hate you? It was obvious she loved you. That would've been awful selfish of me."

It was ironic that I was the one being the selfish one at the time.

"I wish hadn’t said those things. I regret-"

"Don't regret a single thing. It was for the best. Let it go, dwelling on the past is never a good thing"

I hadn't spoken to Nason since earlier in the week, when I was on skype with Olivia. Before that it was months ago when I was searching for Olivia when she had left me those few months. And before that it was right before I, my band and Olivia moved to California. I didn't recall him being this wise. Then it dawned on me that Nason had let go those grudges long ago while I was stuck dealing with guilt. He'd moved on, matured, he was to be married in holy fucking matrimony tomorrow. My stupid choice was best for him in the long run. It was then, I finally let my years worth of guilt go. I took a deep breath; it was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. I just didn't let go of Nason, I let Max and Craig go. I let Stoney, the douche bag the almost raped Olivia, go. Hell, I even let the hatred I had for Marti Rubels go. And it was a lot, but I've never felt better.

"Thanks" I was unable to come up with anything better to say. And the moment was gone.

"Do you know where everybody else is?" Nason asked

"Yeah, most of the girls went of and the guys are on the lake using the jet skis"

"The jet skis?" Nason repeated before rolling his eyes sighing "Well, that gives Ridley's mother another reason to hate me." He shook his head.

"Why does she hate you?"

"It doesn't matter" Nason dismissed the subject " Anyways, now that all was said and done. We are going to get you a suit" He got up.

"Why?"

"My wedding is tomorrow, dude! Unless you got a tux in your suitcase from tour you're not attending said ceremony in ripped skinny jeans"

I smiled came across my face effortlessly.

"Hey" I stopped Nason before he could walk away. I extended my hand, Nason accepted it and we hugged.

"Alright, gay moment over" Nason said "Besides, we have a bachelor's party to attend tonight"

"Bachelor’s party?"

Image


"Bachelor's party!?" Aaron, Olivia's second most annoying friend squealed "Can I come, please?" My eyes widen as I looked over to Nason awaiting his decision that could easily make or brake the night.

"Um, it's a bachelor's party. You know, where we do bachelor's party types of activities" Nason explained.

"I'm not interested in the strippers; I want to go to the casino!"
I realized I was holding my breath because after his explanation I exhaled. "Fine, you can come" Nason allowed.

"Yay, thank you!" Aaron jumped up and down

"But can you at least put on pants?" Nason requested. Nason probably didn't give two shits that the guy was a flaming homosexual, as did I. But it I was still slightly apprehensive about a dude in a mini skirt.

"Fair enough" Aaron flounced off to get changed.

"Have fun, Ronald" Olivia told me with her perfect smile, her light brown eyes shone as she looked me directly in mine. She played with flares of my collar belonging to the black button up I was wearing. "You look sharp" she noted.

"Yeah, I suppose we all do" I replied looking over the room. I have to admit we did look like ballers. All of us had on button ups, with ties or vest accompanied with either slacks or dark skinny jeans.
"You look the best. I mean look at hair!" So what brushed it back a little? At least I didn't do it like Eric and Jeff who had slicked theirs back completely. Most others like Brian and Matt combed their hair to the side, not covering their forehead. Except Dakota who hair to much hair to do anything with.

"It's nothing," I shrugged

"Ready! “Aaron announced. He put on pants, black skinny jeans to be exact that complemented his studded belt, that didn't stop him from wearing high heels though.
Nason sighed and rolled eyes "Let's go"

"I'll call you." I said to Olivia before kissing her forehead

"Oh no you will not!" Jeff said swooping in to my conversation gaining negative cool points for c-blocking.

"Excuse me?"

"Bachelor party rule numero uno: no texting or calling girlfriends" Eric said

"Says who?" I questioned

"Says I" Derek said fixing his cuff links. I expected something dumb coming from Eric and Jeff. Those knuckleheads are way to dumb to have girlfriends anyways, but Derek had Stina. He made sure he didn't let his broken foot get in the way of anything he wanted to do.

"And I" Ryan added, I shook my head at my friend who also had a girlfriend.

"They're right. It's a bachelor's party, knock yourself out." Olivia said, but I could tell she was lying. I understood why, she didn't feel comfortable letting me go knowing what I was about to take part in. I was grateful she trusted me.

XxX

"I.D's" the bouncer ordered in front our reserved section of the club. Everyone, including myself, groaned taking out our wallets. We already had been identified at the entrance. "This is fake, kid" he stated when Dakota showed his.

"What? No, it isn't!" Dakota denied. I had a feeling it was true. Even with a good fake I.D Dakota still appeared really young.

"I've lived and worked in Vegas a lot longer than you've been alive. Leave or you'll be removed" the bouncer warned. Dakota maybe could by alcohol or cigarettes with his fake I.D but in strip clubs were no such luck.

"Fine, I'll leave." Dakota said

"Where are you going?" Nason asked.

"I'm going to the casino to find Aaron" he said.

The party was all right without Dakota. Although I'd rather spend time with, Olivia. I missed hanging with my old friends. We brought up old memories

"Hey," Eric slurred then repeated himself more obnoxiously "Hey, remember that one time we played flag football in Nasty's backyard?"

"Yeah, how could I forget?" I recalled " Good times"

"My team could've won that football game if you hadn't overshot and broke Nasty's TV” Jeff added drunkenly

"Still hung up on that? I would've won anyways"

"Na-uh, right Derek?"

Glancing over to Derek I quickly realized he was busy getting a lap dance "huh, yeah sure" he said handing the stripper more bills. "What about you Ryan?"

Ryan was occupied slurping a body shot from a stripper’s navel "I don't know. I wasn't in the bad at the remember"

"I clearly remember the night before when I emptied am entire bottle of krona on Derek for throwing a party while I was away" Nason said. Everyone laughed in unison from remembrance except for Derek "Sorry about that by the way" Nason apologized a year later.

We didn't leave until about three am even though we where scheduled to leave at twelve. We were supposed to be at a wedding, preferably hangover-free. I ended up being the one to drag my friends out the club and calling a few cabs to get their asses back home. Then I had to go into the casino, hunt down Dakota and Aaron who we're disturbingly making out again. I pushed the drunken pair in the backseat of the SUV. "Buckle up" I told them.

"But Ronnie, I was having fun!" Aaron complained as I shut the car door right before I made sure the child protection locks where on.

"Oh I know you where" I muttered driving down the strip as fast a could without getting a ticket. My cell phone vibrated in my pants pocket. "Hello?" I answered

"Ronnie? We're are you? The rest of guys are already here?" Her voice was frantic.

"I'm still on the strip. I'm driving the car back with Aro and Dakota" I said looking in the mirror I saw Dakota and Aaron kissing again "Hey, stop that!" I scold turning my gaze back to the road.

"What’s happening?"

"You don't wanna know, trust me." I did not want to give an explanation. I checked the rear-view mirror again and they had yet to stop "Can you guys stop eating each others face for a few minutes!?

"Be safe" Olivia warned

"I am," I said in a slightly annoyed tone. I didn't mean to snap at her but I did "I'll be there in about twenty minutes"

“I’m waiting up for you” she said before I hung up.

I looked in the mirror again thankfully the backseaters stopped their activities.
"What the hell are you doing!?" I yelled at Aaron who was crawling over the seats and into the passengers. He made me swerve in to the next lane "Will you please sit still, your going make me crash!" I yelled right before Aaron's heel got caught between the stick shift altering it from drive to reverse causing us to go in the wrong direction forty miles an hour. It was a miracle we didn't crash. I shoved Aaron's foot out the way and put the gear back in to drive just in time not to cause a collision with the vehicle behind us but it didn't stop the festival of honking cars.

"Ronnie, I wanna go back to the casino!" Aaron demanded after almost being the cause of loosing our lives. The nerve of him!

"Fuck no!"

"What am I supposed to do with all of these?" Aaron asked reaching in to his purse and pulling out a handful of poker chips and letting them fall through manicured fingers back in bag where it made clashing making.

"How much chips did you win?"

“I dunno,” Aaron shrugged “I lost count after three grand and that was hours ago, I think”

“Got lucky I see” I meant to say to myself again but having my mental filter.

“I suppose. I had my good luck charm with me” he sighed blissfully looking to the backseat where Dakota was “Aw, he’s pasted out”

“You can cash your chips later”

"When later?"

"After the wedding, oh come on!" I groaned having to witness Aaron throw up out the window.

"Sorry"

Twenty minutes couldn't have gone by fast enough. Dakota was still passed out before we got back. I had to carry him over my shoulder into the guys guesthouse where all the couches which meant all rooms were probably taken. So I threw a couch pillow on the floor and laid him down I pulled the afghan of the couch to cover him.

"Night Ronnie" Aaron yawned curling up next to Dakota. They were spooning! I left rather quickly afterwards.

I was thanking the higher power that everything was over for the most part. I was heading over to the female guesthouse when I spotted a figure near the lake. It looked like Nason. As much I wanted tell myself to keep moving along what I was doing, that it wasn't my concern I ended up checking up on him anyways.

"Hey Nason,” I called out stepping on to the dock. "Why are you out here by yourself?"

"Nerves, I suppose," Nason said. He was drunk. "Wet feet"

"C'mon, lets get you inside. You're getting married tomorrow" 
I ended having to help him in to the main house. It was a surprise that he could even stand up because he sure as hell couldn't walk.

"Thanks, Ronnie" Nason said after I dumped him on the couch.

"No problem" I muttered and checking the time it was past four am. I started to leave.

"Hey don't leave just yet"

"It's four am, get some sleep!"

"I need to tell you something important"

"Can it wait until you're not drunk off your ass?" I asked becoming very impenitent.

"Nope"

"Fine, what is it?"

"Come closer" Nason ordered curling his index finger. So I took a few steps but Nason said again "Closer" I got on my knees. "Closeeerrr" Nason slurred.

"What is it?" I asked again getting annoyed. It was then Nason gripped my collar and pulled me down to him. My ear uncomfortably close to his mouth. The stench Tequila in his breath burned my nose as he finally told me...

"Olivia and I, we had sex."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yup

Don't forget to Subscribe? Comment! Recommend.

<3 Modern.Sunshine

hey I started a new story. It's an Asking Alexandria fan fiction, check it out!