We Got Older But We're Still Young

I've been thinking too much

“So let me get this straight.” Sara started from the bus seat beside me. “You spent hours talking with Jaime? Willingly with Jaime Preciado? The guy you claim to hate almost every second of your life?”
I nodded my head silently as I watched the look of disbelief dance across her face.
“Why?!”
I shrugged my shoulders. “I don’t know… I guess I was curious.”
A grin grew on Sara’s face. “Or maybe you DO like him… just like I told you.” She stated.
I shook my head repetitively at her previous words. They were definitely not true.

“You can totally invite him to my party on the weekend!” Sara suggested excitedly as we stepped off of the bus.
“No, no, no. I don’t think that’s a very good idea.” I said quickly as she started to smirk.
“Sara stop! I don’t like that look you’re giving me. I know what you’re thinking and if you do it I will kill you I swear to god!” I said as she giggled under her breath.
That look was always bad news.

---

I re-arranged the books in my locker as Sara rambled on about what her and Chris did on the weekend. Her voice stopped suddenly causing me to look up, hoping she hadn’t just asked me a question that I had not heard. However, she was smiling at something behind me.
“I’ll see you later Fred.” She stated turning on her heel quickly, leaving me with a puzzled look printed on my face. I didn’t understand what had just happened.

“Hey Freddi.” Jamie said as he stood in the spot occupied by Sara a few moments ago.
Oh.
A wide grin was spread across his face.
“Hi” I replied smiling softly back.
“What’s up?” He asked nonchalantly as he ran his fingers through his hair.
“Just, you know, running a marathon.” I said sarcastically causing Jaime to chuckle.
“That was a horrible joke.” He admitted as his eyes matched up with mine.
I tucked a loose piece of my ginger hair behind my ear as I allowed a smirk to grow on my face.
“You’re just jealous of my extreme joke skills.” I teased.
Jaime shook his head as he laughed to himself.
“Keep telling yourself that bud.” He advised.

I pulled out the books I needed for class and closed my locker.
“I guess I’ll see you around.” I said as I started to turn my back on Jaime.
He quickly stepped forward so that he was beside me. “What room are you in? I’ll totally walk you there.”
“Uh, okay. I’m in the north side.” I uttered awkwardly as we started to walk off down the hall together.
I had this feeling that was really unfamiliar to me and I wasn’t sure that I liked it.

---

JAIME’S POV

I swung my car keys around my finger as Billy Hedridge stood in front of me talking about football. He was the guy in school that every other guy envied and all girls threw themselves at. I never really understood it… I mean, sure he’s a good looking man, but he is dumber than a screw.

“So what’s going on with you and that Saunders girl?” Billy asked watching my face intently.
I glanced over at him as I tried to reply coolly “Freddi? What do you mean?”
“I don’t know. I’ve just seen you two around each other a fair bit… I didn’t know if something was going on or not.” He said scratching his head.

I leaned against the door of my car as my eyes found a ginger haired girl standing at the school bus stop. I smiled internally as I watched her laugh alongside her best friend.
“We’re just friends.” I stated focusing my gaze back on Billy.
He nodded his head, accepting my quick answer.
“Just watch out for her. I’ve heard she’s a heartless bitch.”
Billy pat me hard on the back before walking off down the car park.
A heartless bitch? Freddi? That’s ridiculous… right?

Lifting my head, I looked back up at Freddi who was now standing with her arms crossed as her friend was attached by the lips with the guy from my maths class... Chris, I think his name is. I hesitated for a second before jogging over to where they were standing.

“Hey Fred.” I said as she looked up at me awkwardly. Her green eyes were half hidden behind her ginger hair.
“Do you want a lift home?” I asked as my insides started to churn a little.
Her mouth opened an inch as I waited for her to say something. After a few seconds she still hadn’t said anything besides a quiet ‘uhhhhh’.

“She would love to.” Her friend cut in pushing her towards me. She quickly shot her friend a deadly look which she replied to with a sweet smile.
“That would be great.” Her voice spoke as she smiled softly.
I turned around as I started walking to my car. I laughed quietly as I heard her friend yelp out in pain.
I glanced over my shoulder as I saw Freddi jog up to my position with a smile on her face as her friend held her arm sulkily.

---

“So do you live with like your Grandparents or something?” I asked curiously as I pulled up on Freddi’s street.
“Uh” She spoke awkwardly. “No.” she half whispered turning her gaze the window.
“So who do you live with?”
Freddi undid her seat belt in a swift movement causing me to slow down the car to a stop.
“Here is fine. Thanks again” She said as she stepped out of the car.
I watched as she slowly walked up to the footpath, pushing the hair out of her eyes.

Something wasn’t right…

---

“Jaime, is that you?” My mother’s voice called from the kitchen.
I sighed, not bothering to move from my position.
“yeah, it’s me. I’m just going out okay?” I said as my hand held the handle of the front door firmly.
“Where are you going sweetie?”
To see Delilah…
“Library, Ma.”
I walked out the front door and slid into my car.
I had something planned for my sister… but I needed someone’s help… Someone preferably with long ginger hair…
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!
Writers block sdkgisdhg not happy with this chapter at all.

Are any of you fans of Transit? I went to their concert friday night. Good stuff.

Thankyou to all my readers subscribers and the people who have recommended my story.

Thanks to Aprildavey, dancingwithvaida, tortugaturtle, Thejourneysofjamie and ThisKitty. You have no idea how much I appreciate your comments <3!!