We Got Older But We're Still Young

I've been missing the way things were too much

I swung my feet as I sat on the cool metal counter in the restaurant kitchen. I felt bad for leaving Jaime’s car so fast, but I didn’t want him to feel sorry for me. I didn’t need that.

“I seriously don’t even understand why they won’t let Johnny Depp walk around naked all the time. Nobody would be complaining.”

I lifted my head up to face Mark as I chuckled at his statement half-heartedly.

Mark jumped up onto the counter beside me. “What’s up Fred? Something’s wrong, you didn’t even get excited about a naked Johnny Depp.”

I opened my mouth to let out a sigh.
“I don’t know, I guess I feel kind of confused or guilty.” I admitted as the chef placed plates of food onto trays for us to take.

Mark jumped off of the counter as he picked up his tray to take to the dining area. “If it’s about a boy, don’t get worked up about it. It’ll it make itself clear soon enough… unless he’s an idiot who is not worth it.” Mark stated walking out of the kitchen.

---

I jumped into Leda’s car once I had said goodbye to Mark. I shivered slightly adjusting to the temperature in the car.

“Hey Leda.” I uttered closing my eyes as I fell back into my chair.

“Hi Freddi.” Leda said while she tapped her fingers softly on the steering wheel.
I lifted my hand slightly, turning the radio on quietly.

“So who’s the guy?” Leda asked, giving me a quick side glance.

The guy? What is she talking about?

“What do you mean?” I asked running my hand through my hair as I watched her for her response.

Leda’s eyebrow rose slightly “You don’t know?”

I shook my head slowly as a questioning look grew on my face “No?”

“You don’t know that there is a guy waiting out the front of our house. He’s been there since you left for work and he refuses to leave until he can speak to you.” Leda said slightly chuckling. “Persistent fucker knows what he wants.”

My jaw dropped slightly. I knew just who she was talking about, but why was he there?

“Do you know what he wants?” I asked pushing my palms into my eyes.
Leda just shook her head as her glance stayed on the road.

“I guess you’ll be able to find out soon enough.” Leda mumbled causing me to chuckle sarcastically.

---

My eyes found a figure sitting on my porch as Leda pulled up into the driveway.
I stepped out of the car, awkwardly wandering to where he was standing.

Jamie scratched the back of his neck as he smiled at me.
“Hey Fred,” He said shakily.

I watched him curiously as he stood in front of me.
“Hi Jaime, What’s wrong?” I asked assuming something must be wrong for him to be on my porch at 8 o’clock at night.

Jaime examined my face for a couple of seconds before speaking.
“I need a favour…” Jaime’s shaky voice was now stern.

I raised an eyebrow slightly.
“With what?” I asked with caution.
“Uh,” Jaime chuckled awkwardly. “It sounds crazy okay so don’t freak out.”

I could tell by the way that he was talking that I wasn’t going to like this.

“Jaime please don’t tell me you’re going to be doing something really stupid.” I whined

“It is stupid, but I have to do this.” He said as his voice started shaking again.

“What is it Jaime?” I asked sighing while I ran my fingers through my hair.

“I need you to help me get Delilah out of the hospital.” Jaime said seriously.

My eyes widened after he spoke.
“Jaime, I can’t do that. She’s not well enough to leave.” I said fast while I shook my head.

He rubbed hard at his eyes as he took in a deep breath
“Freddi, She’ll be fine, I know it. But she needs to get out of her fucking death bed!” Jaime yelled.

I looked up at him as his face showed how serious and sincere he was being.
“I know she needs to get out. Hell, I would gladly take her away, but I can’t just go in there, pick her up and leave. It doesn’t work like that Jaime. If she’s away from the hospital for too long, she could die…” I trailed off

I could see tears starting to well up in Jaime’s eyes.
“I don’t care! I don’t want her to die not having done any of the things she talks about doing! That’s not fair Freddi! She needs to get out and live a little! I would rather her die outside doing something she loved rather than in that room lit by a shitty fluorescent light!” the shakiness in Jaime’s voice was becoming more apparent as he spoke.

I pushed the ginger hair that had fallen over my eyes, to the side. I stopped to take in everything Jaime had just said. I watched as a look of desperation rose within him.

“I know this is wrong Freddi, but I don’t care how many people I have to convince, she needs this… I need this for her.”

I took in a deep breath as I found my head nodding slightly.
“Okay.” I whispered.

A smile instantly grew on Jaime’s face.

“But you owe me… Big time.” I said as Jaime pulled me into a bone crushing hug.

This isn’t going to end well.

---

As soon as I had made sure that music was blaring in my room, I collapsed onto the chair in front of my desk. I need to write this poem about Jaime.
I looked at the three words I had written previously; Talented, lyrical, profound.
Sighing, I put my pen to the paper and started writing.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry guys! I know I've been gone for awhile!
I know I always say this but school is pretty hectic at the moment. last few weeks of year 12 and everybody seems to be having 18th birthday parties, but anyway Here it is! I know its kinda short buy ksnjgisdngisnd.

Love you guys! Please comment, subscribe and what not!

Thank you to all my readers and subscribers and dancingwithvaida , WhiskeyKitty, Ahoyjilly and playingwithweapons for their wonderful comments!

I wont take as long for the next update! Promise!!