Status: Writing in it When I Want to

New and Pretty

Nice to Meet you

"Where do you want these?" Matthew asked my father, holding a huge box. Of MY stuff mind you. He flipped his hair out of his eyes and turned to face my father. Dad pointed to a corner of the new living room.
"Right over there, thanks." Dad said. I stared mindlessly at Matthew, he'd probably wonder what the Hell I was doing, but it didn't matter what he said to me or told other people about me. It's not like I'd ever have a chance with a godly creature like him. BUT, one thing I didn't think of were the consequences of Dad seeing me.
"Honey, why don't you go help your mother?" I could tell by the tone of his voice he wasn't impressed. I sighed.
"So, her name's Honey?" Matthew asked, glancing at me.
"No, it's Esmeralda." Dad said, as if I was more of a pain that a child. Matthew looked a little taken aback by the length of my name. Great, now he thinks I'm a COMPLETE weirdo...
"Oh? Sorry, that probably made me look like an idiot but around here there are a lot of girls named Honey. It's nice to meet one with an original name." He said, walking over to me and reaching out hi hand. My face turned bright red as I extended my hand to shake hands with him. I spent the entire hand shake trying to think of a good reply, I thought I'd come up with the perfect sentence. So I spoke up.
"Mmmhmm..." Was all that came out. Great. I was worried I wouldn't be prepared for the new bullies, I'd never anticipated I'd have to prepare for guys I actually felt attracted to.
"Well, Esmeralda, you are stunning." Matthew said, kissing my hand to end the shake. I heard Dad exhale long and l0ud and knew that if Matt didn't back off he'd get a talking to. Dad had never had to worry about boys wanting me before, probably won't now, but I had to give him some sympathy.
"Call me Essy." I said, fluttering my eyelashes. New house, new name, new life.
"I think your mother could really use that hand right now." Dad said sternly. I nodded and left the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if this chapters longer, but I have to make the best out of the internet time I get. Seeing as, my laptop completely crashed :c So, if the space between updates is long now you know why.