Status: Writing in it When I Want to

New and Pretty

Saying Goodbye is Never Easy

"Late." Matt smirked, gesturing for me to sit beside him. I bit my lip and instead sat beside Kate. Kate didn't even say hi to me and just sat there silent. That was unusual for her but I was too distracted by Keelan who had just come in to pay any attention.
"Hey, Beautiful." He said, sitting beside me and kissing me on the cheek.

The waiter came shortly after and we ordered our food. Everyone was chowing down like dogs when the waiter came to check on us.
"Everything going good here?" He asked. We all nodded except Jezebel who said yes out loud. The food here was delicious and Keelan looked adorable in red. He had pizza sauce on the side of his mouth so I helped him get it off.
"I love you." He laughed, putting his arm around me. He'd already finished his whole meal.
"Speaking of love, Kate." Ross said, elbowing her gently in the side. We all looked over at her in curiosity.
"Guys, Ross and I are moving. He got accepted into Harvard. He has a scholarship and everything. I can't hold him back just for my education and I can't be without him so we're both moving to Massachusetts. It's pretty far from here and I probably won't visit much because money will be tight. But I want you to know I love you all and will miss you like crazy." She said, looking as if she might cry. I knew how badly she didn't want to leave, but at the same time she really did love Ross.
"I hate to be the pessimistic old hag here, but what if you two break-up?" Jezebel asked. Kate looked at Ross.
"We're not going to. He proposed to me last night. We're having the wedding in a week. It won't be anything amazing as it's so short notice but I wanted to have it before we left so I can have you guys as bridesmaids." She said, her whole face lighting up into a smile. It was such a glowing happiness it was hard not to smile with her.
"I'd love to! Can I help you plan?" Honey screeched excitedly. Kate laughed and nodded eagerly. As the year wrapped to a close so did one of my friendships. I'd only known them a year but these girls were like sisters to me.