Status: slow and steady

Ice Cold

December, 19.

The rain pours down outside hitting the window hard making it difficult to concentrate on my crosswords, 'hmmm eight letter word for a social media site... Facebook...' I'm filling in the last two boxes when my phone rings i nearly throw my pen lifting the receiver to my ear, "hello?" "Hi are you the paranormal guys?" i grin "yes we are how can we be of service today?" they clear their throat as i lean back in my chair "my name is William and i'm positive my home is haunted..." i roll my eyes 'well no shit your calling me...' "what kind of activity have you had?" There's a small pause "well my husband and i have booth witnessed books lifting and moving to opposite ends of the room before opening, there's a loud banging that happens between nine and ten every morning.... I've been groped by invisible hands..." I sit up a little physical contact, jackpot!

"Well if you give me your address i can get my team over to do a quick walk through today,we can do our research tomorrow and take a week after to rid you of this spirit." There's a relieved sigh on the other line "Thanks," he recites the address and i quickly scribble it into my address book "alright william see you soon." i hang up and grab my book and keys,opening my office door everyone's goofing off, "okay guys we have our first case of the month! So Jon can you pack the van Spencer you can make sure the equipment works,and Haylee you can drive." They all look at me as if i'm crazy "It's raining buckets and you want me to load fucking electrical equipment into the van?" I cross my arms "that is what i asked, i don't mean everything today only the usual wall cameras for over night." He grumbles getting to his feet he slips on his coat grabbing the large case he slips outside, spencer holds up a single EVP.

"Only one?" i question taking it from his waiting hand "yeah only one short notice and all bright one, while your all researching tomorrow i have to check the others..." I sigh turning to Haylee "Any complaints from you?" She shrugs "no i just want to know if we can pick up lunch on the way?" I smile "sure," the rest of us slip n our coats and i slip the EVP into my pocket. Running to the van i slide into the passenger seat while Spencer slides in next to Jon and Haylee slides into the drivers seat ,"alright Burger king then we have to get to this place ..." "Why are you so fucking excited your never this pumped?" I roll my eyes "because this guys had physical contact! " The whole van falls silent till we hit the drive through and its time to order.We eat as i give directions to Haylee were finished by the time we reach this large mock victorian style house,it's beautiful.

"jesus h christ Bren i have to say this is impressive," i nod letting my eyes drift to the second floor; someone's standing in the widow and i'm positive their staring at me. "Guys can you see the person staring at me second floor window on the left..." I only turned for a brief moment but when i look back the persons gone, "already seeing things are we?" "Shut up Jon..." We climb out of the van and i smile the rain has pretty much stopped which is good, while Jon 'unloads' Spence, Haylee and i go to the front door.I'm reaching to knock when the old fashioned knocker lifts and drops it's self three times, this is good stuff ; maybe a hoax... The door opens and a tall lean man stands before us long hair back in a pony tail "hi you must be Brendon, I'm William" i nod shaking his hand. "This is my team, Haylee ,Spencer and Jon."

He nods and motions for us to come in "Gabe they're here!" A moment later another tall man emerges from a back suit, odd.... "Were either of you just upstairs?" i ask letting my eyes scan the beautiful room. "No why?" I shake my head "no reason, anyways how about you show us around explain the activity that goes on in each room and such." He nods giving us a smile before motioning to Jon "you can leave that there, because i'm sure it won't stay in the living room." We all exchange a curious look as Jon puts down the case. We follow as william retreats down a spiral staircase, this house is full of surprises. The basement is almost better than the upstairs it's fully furnished and tastefully decorated. "Alright well no better place to start than in the basement, down here we get anything from books moving to almost a strobe light effect across the room."

I nod pulling out my pocket book i begin to take notes, i manage to put the period down before my pen seems to be ripped away and tossed to the floor a few feet away, "ummm..." William sighs "it must be following us," he notes tone slightly bored as if this is nothing new. I bend down for my pen and receive an ice clod breeze blown across my neck.I shiver quickly getting to my feet i am not going to let this distract me, once i'm ready were lead back upstairs to the dining room. "Well Gabe's had wine bottles chucked at his head , i've head chairs move from under me and we've heard a strange music like mumbling..." I note this down scribbling a star beside it to remind my self to do an EVP here.We continue on upstairs and as we go i get colder and colder, by the time we reach the top i can see my breath, looking around everyone else is fine.

"Holy shit Brendon!" Spencer's staring at the white breath clouds i'm exhaling "he must really like you..." Gabe mumbles and i turn to look at him "how do you know it's a him?" William shrugs "it's just a feeling..." I nod relaxing as we step into one room and i'm warmed almost instantly, this is our guest room, it's still under a bit of construction but this seems to be the favorite spot, this is where i was groped... The beds moved to the same spot repeatedly, the banging comes from in here, And occasionally you can here scratching against the door. Last week actually i heard scratching and came to investigate and that's when i found these," he pulls us into the room and closes the door motioning to long streaks in the wood as if someone was clawing their way out.

"And that's about it... Anyone want a coffee or tea?" i nod "coffee please," the other's give there 'orders' before we go back down to discuss where to put the cameras. We get to the hall and the case is gone, "Gabe have you seen the case?" the guy laughs "nope i'd look around ," Jon groans "i'm not going back to grab another fucking case..." I sigh glancing into the living room i raise my eyebrow spotting it open and everything laid out on the floor ready for set up,Everyone glances in and i see Jon smile "what?" "Whoever this ghost is they just saved me a trip and twenty minutes of un packing." They all laugh heading into the living room,i'm about to join them when i hear something upstairs. "Do you mind if i walk around?" Gabe shrugs "go for it."

So i pull out my Evp and head upstairs the noise is coming from the guest room, i open the door and look around no signs that anythings been moved, i step inside and gently close the door. I sit myself gently on the bed and scan the room before turning on on the Evp, "hello?" i wait i should do this when the powers off but i need to try this... "What's your name?..." I sigh dating the recording before flicking the stop button. I rewind the tape and play it back and my skin crawls at what i hear crystal clear through the static...

'Hi there , my name's ryan...'
♠ ♠ ♠
xoxoxo I hope you all like this comment with love, suggestions,questions and remember <3