My World

Rhapsody

Before anything went worse, the driver slowly stops the car. The female guard asks the driver, “Why did you stop?”

He said, “There’s something ahead.”

Lily looked through the front glass. She saw a small toy car moving toward them. The female guard said tensely, “It’s getting closer.”

Lily wondered if they ever saw a toy car, when it exploded. The power of the explosion knocked the car over. It fell on its side. Lily lost consciousness for a minute. What woke her up was the face of a girl. She was pulling on Lily’s arm. She said, “Come one! They could wake up in a minute.”

The girl helped Lily out of the car. Lily wiped some dust off he clothes. The girl laughed nervously. She said, “That was some explosion! Are you okay?”

The girl looked a little older than Lily, at least 3 years older. She had normal characteristics: brown hair and eyes. She looked harmless. Lily nodded. The girl took out her hand. “I’m Rhapsody, but you can call me Rhap.”

“Call me Lily.”

Rhapsody laughs. She then remembers the place she is in. She stops smiling. “Come on. Let’s go.”
Rhap grabs Lily’s arm and starts pulling her away from the crash site. Lily doesn’t complain. She also wants to leave, though from a different reason. She wants to get away from the people that ruined her day. Lily wanted to go home to Allen, but she wanted to see the live city. She lost herself in her thoughts while Rhap lead her to a small bus stop. The bus stop had a stand with someone in it. He was popping grape bubblegum and listening to gangster rap. Rhap called his name out. “Hey, Marsh. Give us 2 tickets.”

Marsh bobbed his head with the beat from his mp3. He didn’t notice the girls coming from the darkness. When Rhap touched his arm, he jumped and bumped his head. “Ouch,” he mouthed. He pulls the earbuds out of his ears.

“Sorry,” Rhap said. “I thought you were actually doing your job for some reason.”
“That’s weird. Is your head working wrong?”
“No. I wouldn’t go crazy and let you have all the fun.”
“If only it was possible.”

They smiled at each other. Lily made a small coughing sound. They both turned to her. “Hi,” she waved at Marsh. She turned to Rhap. “Can you tell me where you’re taking me?”
Rhap looked at her with a guilty expression. “I’m taking you to the city.”
Lily said after a while, “Okay, then. Where to?”
“To Ember City and we first need passports.”
Marsh joins in. “And to do that you need to please a price with me.”
Rhap said, “I know.”

She handed him a small crystal that barely was seen in his hand. He placed it in his mouth. His eyes widen. Rhap tells him, “It’s at least 2 passports.”

The diamond was actually worth more than their lives combined with the 2 passports. Marsh knew that, though he kept it a secret for obvious reasons. Calmly, he responded, “Barely, but it’ll manage.”
She said, “Take it, then.”

Marsh gave Rhap the two passports. She kissed them as if they meant something more than her life. Marsh said, “They have spaces to print out the names. And they’re disposable; burn them when you get the chance.”

Rhap nods to him. She gave one passport to Lily. ”Don’t lose it,” she explained. “I can’t get you another one.

Lily nodded. She looked toward the city. The cries of the citizens were still constant. The music was slowly fading by the hour. Only the anxious feeling of entering the city made Lily choose to go forward. Not even Allen could stop her now.