Blossoming Fates

Disscusion

I nibble on some sugar cookies that I had backed earlier this morning. I was craving them and what baby wants, baby gets. The child was already being spoiled by me. Brian sat on the couch next to Michelle who was smiling and holding Brian’s hand. I guess the two were currently seeing each other or maybe she was his moral support. He looked miserable and I wasn’t too grateful for that. I didn’t want him to be mean while I was going to try to go over a serious topic. I clear my throat after taking a sip of my chilled water.

“Okay, so, well we all know I’m pregnant.” I say aloud and let out a small nervous laugh

“How do I know it’s mine?” Brian asks harshly hinting at me being a whore.

“You’re the last guy I’ve slept with-“

“You invited me inside your home, how do I know you haven’t done that before?” He asked crossing his arms across his chest.

I rub my temple before quickly recovering from his assumptions. I explain the whole scenario with Anthony and myself. I didn’t spare the details about Brian and me and I felt awful with Michelle sitting there listening. I got up and grabbed his shirt and gave it to him just as a way of saying that he was in fact here. He narrowed his eyes at me and I felt the heat rise up to my face.

“I’m almost three months pregnant.” I say calmly, “That baby will be here around late January, early February.” I finish looking at Brian.

“Is Brian going to go to the doctor visits?” Michelle asks me and Brian tells her to stop.

“The first one I had Zacky went with me, but if Brian has an interest then sure.” I say and Brian huffs.

“You and Zacky seem awful close for friends.” He says coldly at me and I roll my eyes.

The conversation I had hoped for was slowly derailing and heading south of my expectations. It was a losing battle with Brian it had seemed. I mean no matter what I said or how I said it he was still unhappy. I wasn’t trying to be mean towards him either. He was acting arrogant and a bit jealous about mine and Zacky’s relationship, but that shouldn’t concern him at all. I understand that he and I are going to be parents and that in some way this child will bond he and I together, but what I did in my personal life truly didn’t concern him.

“Zack and I met a day after you and I hooked up,” I said nonchalantly, “He’s been there for me for the first two months while you haven’t been.”

“Well maybe I don’t want Zack around you and my child.” He said standing and crossing his arms across his chest.

“You’re being an ass!” I screech at him as he strides into the kitchen and away from Michelle and me.

I take in a deep breath and slowly sigh outwards trying to regain my composure. This bickering was doing any of us any good. I shouldn’t be stressed and I’ve been trying hard not to be. I still felt under pressure especially as I worked with my mother. I tapped my fingers against my thighs trying to think of a way that will help both Brian and I get along. I was sure that in time he and I would grow on one another, but we’d been thrown into this situation. It wasn’t like we had met through Zacky and then slowly formed our own bond and friendship. He and I had to raise a child together. We had to become parents and I was sure we were just both scared and worried about things and that’s what was causing this tension and arguing between us.

I excused myself from Michelle leaving her alone in the living room. I walked into the kitchen seeing Brian starring at the sonogram I had tapped up to the silver fridge door. It was my reminder that I was going to have a child and that soon enough she or he would be here. I smile as I can see Brian have a small smile plastered to his face. He touched the picture with a single finger and traced over where the fetus was. I had recognized the action because I too would do it from time to time.

“That’s our baby,” I say humbly pushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

He looks over to me standing straighter and smiles, “I’m sorry for being so rude, that was uncalled for. I’m happy that you’re allowing me to be a part of the baby’s life. I’m just freaked out.” He explained

I nodded my head hoping he knew that I was just as freaked out. I had been given time to adjust to the idea of having a child. I was sure that Brian would warm up to the idea of one too. I informed him that my next appointment would be in four weeks. I then declared that I’d be thirteen weeks which was three months along. He nodded his head and told me to write the date in his phone for a reminder. I obliged and we soon headed back into the living room where Michelle had waited patiently for us.

I felt bad for Michelle through all of this. I honestly hadn’t known and if I did know that Brian was stringing someone along or a player I’d have never pursued him the way I had that night at Johnny’s bar. Michelle was a sweetheart, she really was. She kept a smile up all the time even when the details of the baby and living arrangements were discussed. She hadn’t been rude to me or trying telling Brian he couldn’t be around me. She understood and I couldn’t have thought anything but good things about her.

“I’m kind of excited for you two.” She announced once the details had been decided.

I smiled at her, “You should be excited for yourself too. You’ll be in the baby’s life just as much. You’ll be viewed as a stepmother.” I say smiling widely

“You wouldn’t mind?” She asked me intimidated

I shook my head laughing at her. I was trying to make it clear that I hadn’t needed the father to be Brian because he had money. I was trying to do the right thing. I was planning on having a friendship with both Brian and Michelle. I was going to try and do everything I possibly could in order to make my child’s life enjoyable. I didn’t want any fighting and bickering. The baby would already have odd parents, let alone odd families.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment and Subscribe :)
--Lindsey Ann