Blossoming Fates

Dinner

After going home and straightening up my messy house a bit I had changed my clothes before heading over to my mother’s for dinner. She called earlier and I hadn’t been planning on going, but she said she missed me. I couldn’t often tell her to stay on her own. I think the quiet could get to her and make her feel lonelier. My mom didn’t deserve the loneliness. She loved my father and never wanted to see him go, but sometimes that’s the way God works. He could take someone away as easily as He could bring someone back. I licked over my cherry covered lips and my eyes looked over my room for my black pumps that weren’t in my closet. I sighed having to get down on my knees and pulled the bed spread up to look under the bed. I was delighted to find that my pumps were pushed under the bed slightly, but I also found another piece of clothing.

I sat up on my knees and held out the item in front of me. I closed my eyes once I realized it was a grey V-neck shirt that read affliction going across it. This must have been from that night with the stranger. It seemed no matter how much I tried the person couldn’t be erased from my mind. Somehow the mysterious man seemed to play an effect every day. I couldn’t forget it happened. I had the note the first day and now his shirt.

“Oh well,” I said before standing up and tossing the shirt onto my bed and headed to the bathroom.

The bathroom was filled of steam still from the shower I had taken a little but ago. I was hoping the shower would help me feel a bit better, but I still felt tired and nauseous. The fog on the mirror had to be washed away if I ever wanted to do my makeup for tonight. I giggled first as I drew some hearts and wrote in script before completely rubbing the fog off. The smile was still present on my sun kissed face until I heard my phone ringing loudly from somewhere in the bedroom. I walked into the light colored room before finding my phone lying on my bed. I looked at the caller I.D and smiled widely seeing that it was Zacky calling me.

“Hello,” I answered happily

“Hey Lee,” He said breathing lightly in the phone “what are you up to tonight?” He asked

“Visiting my mom and then staying for dinner, but I should be done by seven thirty at the latest.” I said as I walked back to the bathroom

“Cool,” He breathed heavily again before finishing his sentence “Want to hang out tonight afterwards?”

I pondered on the idea seeing as I was still feeling sick from earlier today. I had been throwing up all morning. I defiantly didn’t want to get Zack sick too. That didn’t seem fun to me in the slightest. Yet, somehow I didn’t want to turn him down either. I bite on my bottom lip before I began to chew on it lightly. I had been lost in the ideas that Zack asking me if I was still there brought me back to attention. I smiled again.

“I’d like to hang out, but I’m just a little under the weather.” I admitted

“No problem Em, I can take care of you or I can simply take a rein check.” He said chuckling

We ended the conversation a few moments afterwards deciding on where we would meet up. I suggested a small diner near by the place we had met the previous week. He agreed and soon I was on my way to my mother’s house. I knew she wouldn’t care for Zack until she got to actually know him. My mother was more of a vain person where the image of another matters more than the deeper meanings to them. I suppose I just took after my dad more than my mom. Grant, Elizabeth and Kylie took after my mom, but once dad died Kylie got a little more level headed. Rachel and I were always more like dad. I guess that may be why I got along with Rachel best throughout my childhood.

Grant was older than me and he would hate Zack and I being friends in the slightest. He’d think Zack were simply a no good lowlife that didn’t deserve to hang around me or the rest of our family. It was always about money with Grant. He could be sweet, but he was like mom, very vain.

I walked up to my mother’s front door and entered the home. It was brightly lit and the scent of food sent me on frenzy. I had been craving mashed potatoes all day even though the cold had been present. My mom greeted me lovingly and we chatted to the table where I sat down and began helping myself to the food. My mother wasn’t bad sometimes, we just hardly agreed on things.

“How was Kylie?” My mother asked as she picked lightly at her food.

I nodded my head, “She is doing well, and she wants to get off of radiation and chemo…” I trail off hoping not to have said too much

“She is so stubborn,” my mother says angrily “I just wished she’d get help and get better again.”

“Kylie will make her own decisions and keep faith in God to guide her too.” I shrug my shoulders lightly before pushing another huge bite full of food into my small mouth.

“Emilee, you eat so ridiculously sometimes,” She says while chuckling at me and I give her a cheeky grin.

I stayed for a while as we talked about the museum and Kylie a little bit more. It bothered me that everyone gave Kylie such a hard time about her decision to leave things in His hands and want to live her life. It hurt that I’d lose her faster if she stopped chemo. But she’s lost more then I’ll ever imagine. She gave up her beauty first. Then her love left her next. Mason wasn’t the one to stick through thick and thin and I gave him a piece of my mind after he left her. Her passion of sports had to be let go and then her pride.

I put a lot of my time away from work into the visits and volunteer at the hospital. I was there whenever Kylie got dismissed from the hospitals. I helped her get back to normal life when we thought the cancer was in remission. I gave a lot to try to make things seem fair, but it still made me feel guilty in the end. I sighed as I was brought back to my mother as she said she was visiting Kylie tomorrow. I smiled knowing it’d do them both some good to see one another again. The last visit didn’t go too well.

I told my mother goodbye and that I loved her before stealing a few mints and exiting the home. As I made my way to the car the nerves of my next destination made me squirm in my seat as I drove down the road. It was hardly dusk and I smiled singing to the radio before pulling into the diner. I breathed out and checked my make up before heading up towards the entrance of the diner with a huge smile on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment and Subscribe :)
It's going to be a real emotional roller coaster real soon. I kid you not.
--Lindsey Ann