Monday

Lunch is always difficult

Zacky’s POV

Brian led us in to Woody’s Diner. it’s a nice little diner that servers some really good food. How do you think I got so fat? Because Bri use to take me here all the time. That was before he got the job with Mr. Cooper.

We both got a smile spread on your faces. This place always had a good atmosphere about it. And most of the people that go in there don’t care if me or Brian are gay. That’s why we came here a lot.

We walked up to the hostess. She was mid 30’s. Pretty strawberry red hair in a semi messy bun. She looked tired but held a nice smile on her smooth lip-gloss colored lips. Her nametag said ‘Karen’.

“Well hia. How many people are gowning y’all?” She said in a soft southern ascent.

“Just two” I held up to fingers with my free hand, as my other one was occupied with Bri’s hand.

“Ok, if you follow me I’ll show you to your seats.” She picked up two menu and let us to a booth by the back by a window.

We sat directly across from on another. ‘Karen’ gave us are menus and told us that are waiter will be over soon. She face us a warm smile before turning around and going back to the front. I shivered as I thought that she was a little to happy. But hell, she’s nice. Brian just giggled at my petty antics and opened his menu. I did the same as I saw someone walk up to the table.

“Hi. I’m Maggie, and I’ll be your waitress for the day.” She gleamed. I guess she was late teens, even early twenty’s. She had shinny brown hair that was put up in a high pony tail. She had very…bright make-up on. Compared to her white work blouse.

“Can I start you off with a drink? Maybe an appetizer?” She said. The whole time looking at Brian.

“Um. I’ll have a iced tea I guess. Zacky what do you want?” He asked. Maggie looked over at me. Her toothy smile fell a little. “what would you like sir?” She said it like in a ‘Why the hell are you hear?’ kinda way.

“Just a coke.” I stated bluntly. She turned to Brian and gave him a huge smile, then went to get are orders. I let out a load Humph, and looked out the window.

“What the hell just crawled up your ass right now? Brian asked with a hint of a chuckle at the end.

“That girl was checking you out! That what crawled up my ass!” I hissed.
“ I know huh? I know I’m hot.” Brian joked.

“No.” I grunted.

“Ohh, Zacky’s jealous, Zacky’s jealous!!!” he sang loudly.

“SHUT-UP!!!!” I yelled a little to loudly with my voice going a little high at the end, like I was 13 again.

As we looked in each others eyes , not caring about everyone else staring at out little fit. Brian grabbed my hand from under the table, leaned forward to give me the sweetest peck I’ve had all week.

“So what are you getting?” I asked.

“Oh nothing just the usual, a burger, fries, baked potato, and a big ass chocolate shake for dessert. What are you gonna get doll face?” he asked.

“Salad.” I said casually looking up shyly.
“Why the hell are you getting a salad? You already weigh like a freaking pound, I’m the one who should be getting a salad. Don’t make me lecture on that crap again. I love you, I wouldn’t care what the hell you looked like or what the hell you did as long as you are you, as long as you stay the same. I love you Zackary.” Brian said. I felt like crying, I mean its just lunch its not like im going anorexic, but I love him, and what the hell, maybe I should enjoy it while i’ve got it right?

“I love you to Bri. Gosh I guess ill just get a burger and fries like a fatty.” I said joking around.
“Yeah, I like you as the fatty you are, just be happy.”
I felt so loved, I can really picture myself growing old with him.

“Here are your drinks.” Maggie sneered like the witch off of the ‘Wizard of Oz‘, interrupting out little moment on purpose (stupid little bitch). she gave me this dirty look and looked at Brian like what the hell is wrong with him.

“Thanks.” Bri smiled. She just looked away.
“Would you like to order now?”

“Sure, well have 2 burgers, fries, a baked potato with extra cheese and a large chocolate shake please.” Brian said, not giving me a chance to put my salad in that order.
“Coming right up.” Maggie said bluntly and turned away.

As she walked away, I was thinking about what we were going to do for Christmas, it was coming up pretty soon. Might as well make plans. And then our food came. The wait was very short, and quiet.

“So what are we going to do for Christmas?” I asked.
“I dunno.” Brian said picking up a fry dipped in ketchup.

“Will what do you want to do?” I asked again.

“ I was thinking about doing the usual family gathering, the week before Christmas at moms house. You know exchange Christmas presents and hanging with my family. Then maybe have the guys over like we usually do.” he said.

“Sounds fun.” I wondered if his cousin Creg was going to be there. Creg never really did like us going out and being well I guess you could call us fags. I hate that term but that’s what Creg prefers us as.

“Is Creg going to be there?” I asked, taking the biggest bite out of the hamburger. It tasted so good.

“Of course, he’s my cousin-” he paused.

“He’s not going to say anything if that’s what your worried about, he’s gotten over his issues about that stuff.” he looked at me as if I was crazy.

His phone rang. ‘And you cant stop me from falling apart, cause my self destruction is all you fault-’
I sighed, I knew it was his boss that song has so much meaning in just such little words.

“Yes.”” Brian answered.

“But, I’m at lunch right now…..ok, Ok, can I have 15 minutes please?……bye.” Brian slammed his phone shut. And shoved it in his pocket.

“Can we get a to-go box please?” he yelled across the diner towards the waitress.
He started gathering his food, and mine on one plate. I couldn’t ask him what was wrong, not now. He looked angry, and that’s not a good thing in public!

“Here you go, and here’s your check.” Maggie said.

“Zacky can you pay this right quick while I get the food in the box.” he sort of just shoved it at me. I knew he was pissed.

“Sure.” I got up and went to the hostess. Paid our lunch and met up with Bri at the door. He held it open for me as I walked to the really nice car. I grabbed the boxes from Brian as I got in the car so he could drive.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK IS WRONG?!” he shouted.

“what happened, what did he tell you?”

“I have to host to this damn Christmas party, during the week of our Christmas vacation, he says if I don’t show up then im fired. He says I have to plan and host this damn thing or some shit like that.” I felt angry and scared all at the same time. If you haven’t noticed, Brian tented to have a temper.

“But that’s bullshit.” I yelled back.

“I’m not going to your moms house without you.” I said.

“Well it looks like your going to have to.”

“Fuck that. Cant I just come with you?” I asked trying to sound sweet

“He wouldn’t like that very much. You know Cooper and basically have of the fucking staff hates you Zacky, I fucking doubt you going would be a good thing!” he yelled.
I hope he would of taken it back.

“What the hell is that suppose to mean?” I yelled with a small tear in my right eye.

“It means ill get fired either way because of you!!” he yelled.
I stopped, I just stopped talking. At that moment I felt like throwing this food all over the car and making a big mess just because it was the company car, but that would give him another reason to say its my fault.

I just stared blankly, out the windshield. I couldn’t hear anything, I couldn’t feel anything, not even my emotions. All that was there was moving lines from the road that were blurry from the tears rolling down my face. I couldn’t even tell if Brian was trying to talk to me or not. I just blocked it all out.

I needed to think. Was this the guy I was just having lunch a few minutes ago? Was this the guy I thought I could spent the rest of my life with? Not this guy. This isn’t my Brian. This is the fucking result we get when he gets don’t talking to his boss. How much more could he take of this before he hurts someone, maybe even himself? I don’t want anything like that to happen, he needs to find a decent job, but we cant have that now, we need this money, this job is all that can get us by with the rent that we pay. I don’t now what we would do if he lost his job. Let alone be fired from it. But is it really my fault? Can it be?

…Brian wouldn’t really say anything like that to me, would he?
♠ ♠ ♠
i would like to than Stacey, shes my new co- writer for this story *shes the best =D*

and sorry for the spelling of course like i said before i never really learned

The lyrics form Brians ringtone is 'Open Wounds" by Skillet. Thats a good song right there. Look it up!!!:D

you know the rutine comments are bitches