Status: My first story. Please take it easy on me. Haha.

Sometimes It Lasts in Love

Stuck On The Wrong End Of The Gun

(Leslie's POV)
I finished putting away my clothes and grabed my iPhone. I typed in Hunter's number and sent him a text: 'Hey Hunter, it's Leslie. :)'
I then texted Carrie: 'Carrie, this is Leslie. :)'
I walked over to my closet, looking through all the clothes I had gotten. I feel my phone vibrate. It was a text from Carrie: 'Hey Leslie. You liking the new clothes? :)'
I responded with a yes and I again tossed my phone on my bed. I picked out pajamas that I had brought from home and hoped in the shower.
~Time Laps~
I got out of the shower, took a few asprin, and grabbed my phone. Two new messages.
Carrie: 'That's wonderful. :) Heard anything from Hunter?'
Hunter: 'Hey Leslie. :) You up for coffee in the morning?'
I replied to Carrie first: 'Yeah, he asked me out to coffee. What do I say?'
I waited to respond to Hunter until Carrie replied back. I brushed my honey blonde hair. I leaned closer toward the mirror. My gray eyes stood out more than ever. The white of my eyes had become a pink tint. I needed to take my medication. I grabbed my pill bottles pulling out Valium, Paxil, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin, Zoloft, and Lunesta. I took the pills one by one and felt them as they slipped down my throat.
I checked my phone once again. Carrie: 'Tell him that you've arranged plans with a friend of your's. Play hard to get.'
I typed back to her and then proceeded to go to Hunter's message. 'I'd love to go out to coffee with you, but I've made plans with one of my friends. Rain check? :)'
I felt alittle bad. I wanted to go out to coffee with Hunter, I really did. But I was going to play hard to get. Something I was never really good at.

(Hunter's POV)
My phone vibrated and I picked it up. A text from Leslie: 'I'd love to go out to coffee with you, but I've made plans with one of my friends. Rain check? :)'
I typed back: 'Yeah, rain check. :) I'm gonna go to bed. I've got to be in the studio by 5 a.m. Good night.'
I checked the time. It was 10:30. I wasn't really tired, but I needed to fall asleep. I layed down on my bed and looked at the ceiling.
I couldn't seem to get her out of my head. Right when I shut my eyes, my phone began to ring.
"Hunter." I said.
"Hunter, this is Luke."
"Luke? Luke Bryan?" I asked sitting up.
"That would be me. Now, alittle birdie has told me that you like that little Yankee girl, Leslie. How 'bout I take you out to coffee in the mornin' and we talk 'bout it? I know you've got her on your mind."
I thought for a second. A little birdie? It must be Carrie.
"Does that little birdie of your's go by the name of Carrie Underwood?" I asked him.
"Nope, that's actually far from the little birdie. But don't you worry 'bout it. I'll meet you at your studio in the mornin' with a cup of coffee."
As I opened my mouth to protest, Luke had already hung up the phone. How did everybody already know that I liked her?
Leslie: 'Alright. Sleep good. :)'
I didn't bother typing back. I kept looking up at the ceiling. I could just picture her with her honey blonde hair, and gray eyes. She was perfect, I'll tell you what.

(Leslie's POV)
Hunter: 'Yeah, rain check. :) I'm gonna go to bed. I've got to be in the studio by 5 a.m. Good night.'
I typed back: 'Alright. Sleep good. :)'
My phone started ringing.
"This is Leslie."
"Leslie, this is Luke. Luke Bryan."
♠ ♠ ♠
What is Luke trying to do? :)
Comment/Subscribe.