Status: I'll start it by the end of the month, I'm sure!

Be With Someone...

Stop Being So ***ing Amazing.

Janine leaned against her kitchen counter that night. She had ended up going back to Sid’s and Rory’s house to say goodbye to her cousin-in-law as well and had stayed longer than she had anticipated. Turns out, Rory had some interesting news to share. She was pregnant.

She’d been shocked to say the least. Rory and Sidney were so young. They would only be turning 22 that summer and yet, they were already married and had a child on the way. Needless to say, Janine was jealous.

She had thought she would have that with Mike. Hell, she almost had with Mike. The pregnancy that almost happened, his reaction, her fears, they had all happened. Maybe they had both been scared, but it had been close.

Janine remembered her first thought when she realized she was four days late. At first she hadn’t been too worried; almost positive she had remembered to take her pill. But when she went back through her supply to check, that’s when the truth dawned on her.

Rather than being terrified and running away, Mike had been thrilled at the prospect of having a child, even had gone with her to get a test. It came out negative.

She would be lying if she said she wasn’t a little disappointed. Janine had grown up surrounded by family. She had her brother, her cousins, aunts, uncles; everyone was involved with each other. Janine thought that their relationship would go back to normal. But that obviously turned out to be a lie.

The night she had found Mike in bed with another girl at his best friend’s party had nearly broken her all over again. She had thought she had found her prince charming, but Rory was right, Mike wasn’t him.

*****

Before her thoughts could continue, she was brought back to reality by her phone buzzing.

New Message From: Kris
Rory seemed excited to get you out of there today. Any particular reason?


Janine grinned. Kris had this gift of starting conversations at just the right moment and on the most random things. It was one of his most endearing qualities.

Reply Message To: Kris
Can’t say : ) You’ll find out soon enough, I’m sure. Especially if certain people can’t keep their mouths shut.

New Message From: Kris
Anything I can do to convince you?


Yeah,’ thought Janine as she tried to think up a reply. ‘Stop being so fucking amazing.’
♠ ♠ ♠
NaNo starts tomorrow. Meep.