Status: On Hiatus - Sorry!

I Love My Brother's Best Friend. How Cliché.

Chapter Eleven

My sunburn was gone in a week and I could finally hang out with my friends again.
"Dude! We missed you, oh my god. Me and Dev have been so lost without you!" Tiler shrieked, wrapping her arms around me.
I laughed and she let go. I knew she meant they were lost without seeing my brother's friends so, I brought them downstairs where they were all hanging out. 
I really didn't understand why they went all goo goo eyes over guys. I never acted like that around them. I was able to stay calm and hold a normal conversation without drooling. I mean it was probably because I grew up around all these guys but, who knew.
"So, Jay, are you going to Kayla's party tonight?" My brothers friend, Harley shouted across the room.
"You know, I don't know bro. I mean, she invited me and all but, I don't need drunk sleazy girls all over me. I'm perfectly fine with spending the night with Jenna at her house." My brother said, pulling Jenna closer to him on the couch. If that was possible.
A few guys made stupid noises while others yelled out the word 'whipped' but, my brother didn't care. He just continued to cuddle with his girlfriend.
Devin and Tiler looked at me with excited eyes.
"Dude, we're so going to that party!"
I raised my eyebrow, "Um, no. We're not. I'm not getting raped by some drunk guy."
"Please, Kay. Stop having a stick up your ass and live a little."
"Yeah, baby girl, live a little." James said as he put his arm around my waist and pulled me close to him.
My friends giggled while I pushed his arm away.
"Yeah, no. I'm not going." 
"Come on! Kayleigh, you said we'd have fun this summer! And even James wants you to go."
I snorted, "Yeah, because I really care what he wants."
They both looked at me with the puppy dog face then, Devin spoke, "Please Kayleigh. We want to go. We won't do anything stupid and, we promise nothing bad is going to happen."
I sighed heavily, "Fine. I guess we can go but, we have to get ready at one of your houses because my brother can't see me or know I'm going because he'll flip shit."

Around seven my mom dropped me off at Tiler's house. 
As soon as I walked into her room my head was getting attacked by brushes of all sorts.
"Guys, what the fuck! Gah, stop!" I screamed, pushing them both about three feet away from me. 
"Kay, you need to look hot tonight. Maybe you'll finally be able to get with James!" 
My mouth dropped open, "No, no, no! I don't like him!"
"Whatever, we're still making you hot!"
And the attacking of my face continued.

Around fourty-five minutes later my face was covered in powder and my hair was stiff with hairspray. 
"We already picked out your outfit!" Devin said, pointing to the bed. 
"There is no way in hell I am wearing that!" 
"Too bad, put it on." 
Tiler stuffed my clothes in my arms and pushed me into her bathroom.
The outfit consisted of dark skinny jeans covered in rips, a black sparkly
bandeau and a flowy gray lace tank top. 
I looked in the mirror and gasped. I really did look pretty. But, it was a little too revealing for my taste. I knew I would never win the fight with my friends though, so, I just let it go.
Tiler and Devin were dressed in similar outfits that consisted of crop tops and short shorts. 
"Here, put these on." Tiler said, handing me a necklace, some bracelets and black sparkly pumps.
I did as told and we were out the door, piling into Tilers car.
What I assumed was Kayla's house was already packed. Teenagers cluttered her porch and lawn holding red cups and beer bottles. 
I gulped before getting out of the car.
I honestly had no idea what I was getting myself into.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is kind of weak but, the next chapter is pretty big so, look for out for it!