Status: On Hiatus - Sorry!

I Love My Brother's Best Friend. How Cliché.

Chapter Five

“Jay? What are you doing?” I asked, giving my brother a confused look.
“I didn’t know if you were sleeping or not and everyone’s been asking where you were so, I came up to see what you were up to,” He said, giving me an apologetic smile.
I was trying to stay calm but, I was way too pissed off, “How could I sleep when you and your friends won’t shut the fuck up?!”
“Calm down. Just come down with me and chill with us. Everyone’s going to crash soon anyway.” And, before I could hesitate he grabbed my wrist and dragged me downstairs.
As soon as we got to the bottom of the stairs one of my brothers friends shouted, “Hey, Kay, Nice pants!”
I had changed into my fuzzy Hello Kitty pajama pants after the whole flour incident and forgot I had them on. So, I grunted and just told them to shut up.
I took the only seat available on our love seat and sat there in silence. No one was talking to me. They were all still focused on the TV, playing video games. My friends were cuddled up with their ping pong partners on the couch, ignoring my presence.
“Does anyone want something from Mario’s?” I looked up to see James in our kitchen doorway holding a phone to his ear.
Mario’s was a twenty-four hour local pizza joint that every high school kid in our town loved. After school everyone would drive there and get all sorts of things; they served everything from pizza to chicken fingers and garlic knots to soup. Plus, they were mad cheap.
As everyone started shouting out orders I thought. I hadn’t had anything to eat since around two when I got home. And, I could really go for their chicken fingers.
“And you, baby girl?” James was now standing in front of me, staring at me for an answer.
“Uh, I want a small order of chicken fingers with ranch dressing on the side.” I swear, I couldn’t have said it any quieter.
James didn’t say anything back and he just walked away.
We waited for the food for a good forty-five minutes. And, when it came James went to the door to answer it.
The girl with the food was short blond and very skinny. She had an innocent face with a small smile. I could tell she was shy.
“H-here’s your food. T-that will b-be th-thirty-five seventy.” She said, stuttering over some words.
James fished the money out of his wallet and handed it to her, “Here you go baby girl.” And then he took a pen that was sticking out of the front pocket in her jeans and wrote something on her hand, “Call me sometime.” Then, he gave her a small wink and took the food from her and shut the door.
Baby girl? Call me sometime? A wink? He was joking right? He spent all day hitting on me and then he does this. And, I don’t know why but, I felt a bit of pain in my chest. Even though I knew there had been no way he had feelings for me. He was a player, I knew that already, he was just fucking with me.
“Everyone come get your food!” He called from the kitchen as everyone ran in.
I followed slowly. I wasn’t hungry anymore. But, I took the food anyway and went back into the living room.
I knew I shouldn’t be upset and, honestly I wasn’t. I didn’t know what was wrong. It’s not like James really meant anything to me. I wasn’t going to let it bother me anymore so, I did eat my food and it was really yummy.
The guys stayed up for about another hour before they passed out all over the floor and couches. I decided just to sleep down there with everyone so I didn’t look like the lame one. But, I couldn’t sleep. I was thinking too much. About James. Which shouldn’t happen. I had to keep telling myself I didn’t like him. I couldn’t lose sleep over him. It was not worth it. But, something inside kept hurting. Nothing made sense.
I didn’t like James. And that was that.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little bit longer. I feel like the story's going to fast so, I'm going to slow things down a bit. I don't want the story too short.