Status: On Hiatus - Sorry!

I Love My Brother's Best Friend. How Cliché.

Chapter Nine

The rest of the day was pretty boring considering my friends went home right after the beach and my brother went out with his girlfriend.
--------------------------------------------------
The next day I woke up with the worst sunburn in my life.
“Mom!” I called into the whole house.
No answer.
I got up as slowly as possible and walked downstairs.
In the living room my brother was cuddled up with his girlfriend who was still asleep in his lap on the couch and James was passed out on the love seat in.
That asshole was still here.
“Jay. Where’s mom?”
My brother turned his head and his eyes widened at the sight of my skin.
“Kay, are you okay? Oh my god.” He gasped.
I whined, “It hurts really bad.”
I almost started crying and my brother woke his girlfriend up instantly .
“Jen, we need to go to the store. Kayleigh has the worst sunburn ever and she might have to go to the hospital later. Please get up so we can go buy her some stuff for her skin.”
“W-what about him?” I said, attempting to point at James.
My brother walked over to James, hit him and the face and said, “Dude, get the fuck up. You need to stay with my sister.”
“What the hell bro- holy shit. You okay?” He asked, looking at me.
I slightly nodded no.
“Me and Jenna are going to run to the store to pick up some aloe and shit. Please take it easy Kay. And James, please don’t fuck with her. She’s in pain.”
They left and James led me up to my room.
“Lay on your back and I’ll be right back.”
He left and I laid there not trying not to cry.
The pain was unbearable, my skin was boiling hot and, it sucked.
James returned holding a wet rag.
“Here, put this on it. Its vinegar and water it really helps.”
He gently placed the rag over my back and it felt like Jesus. It started lifting the heat immediately
I let out an ‘ahh’ and closed my eyes and relaxed.
James chuckled, “Feels good, doesn’t it?”
I nodded my head and closed my eyes.
“Listen, I know you probably hate me but, I just want to apologize for how I treated you the past few days and for what happened with that girl yesterday.”
I stared at him like he was crazy. He was apologizing? James was apologizing. Ha, what an odd happening.
“You’re sorry?” I questioned as a rose my eyebrow.
“Yes. I thought about it and I saw how upset you looked and I’m sorry. I am an asshole.”
I then stared at him for a few second and then I did probably the stupidest thing I could. I laughed. It was a bitch move but, I didn’t believe a word that was coming out of his mouth.
“I’m being serious Kay. I feel bad.”
I looked at him, “Why? It doesn’t affect me at all. It’s not like I’m one of the girls you hook up with then dump the next day. You’ve never tried anything with me so, I don’t care.”
He looked away and sighed.
“But, the thing is. The other night when we all slept here I wanted to. I was going to.”
“What?”
“I. Wanted. To. Have. Sex. With. You.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry! I had horrible writers blog the past week and I don't know. This chapter sucks I know. But, I'm gonna put ten up tonight and it's going to have a BIG surprise in it. I promise!